Medical weed now in MS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
looks like Dept of Ag will oversee the cultivation and processing facilities. a person can buy almost an ounce at one time or within a 7 day period. they can buy no more than 7 MMCEU— Ms Marijuana Cannibus Equivalency Unit— each unit is 3.5 grams and 7 x 3.5=24.5 grams in a 7 day period. there are 28.35 grams in an ounce. Residents can not buy more than 28 MMCEUs in 30 day period 28x 3.5 = 98 = 3.46 ounces

Do you have a link on this, because I have not seen that information on daily sales, but it would be the right thing to do.

All I can find.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/02/1077...low,grown indoors under controlled conditions.

"The new law will allow patients to buy up to to 3.5 grams of cannabis per day, up to six days a week. That is about 3 ounces per month. It sets taxes on production and sale of cannabis, and it specifies that plants must be grown indoors under controlled conditions."

Last edited:

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
This might be my favorite part of the law "7. Protects our churches and schools from having a marijuana dispensary within fewer than 1,000 feet of their location." I'm sure church and school attenders alike will make their MJ decisions based on proximity to their church or school. "You wanna get stoned after the service?"..."Nah, that place is like, 1100 feet away!"

That's pretty standard in all states, even in Colorado.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Well that seems typical of government.

I saw somewhere that your purchase limit on a given day would be limited but not to just one day's usage.

I could not find where this was said but I am pretty sure you will be able to buy more than just a day's worth at a time.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
There’s several videos in the series there. It’s not 100 percent effective but it helps in many cases.

That is freaking fantastic. Again, Mississippi is too dumb to move forward in the overall society. First it was owning slaves to build generational wealth. Then it was fighting tooth and nail to make sure they had the right to continue to own people for free labor. Then sharecropping. Then the lynchings and witholding upward mobility. Then segregation continued. Then it was voting rights. Then it was not industrializing early enough. Then we are terrible at funding education. Now medical marijuana or hell full use rights for anyone to use marijuana.

There is literally no reason why marijuana should be illegal for anyone anywhere. Not as long as booze and pills are readily available. Zero. I don't care what anyone says.

Now are state once again looks stupid as 17. I can't wait until this state stops 17n around and elects young progressive leadership.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
I'm extremely happy we finally got this done. It's been long overdue.

However if Mississippi was really smart about it they would just go ahead and legalize for recreational use. Can you imagine how much $$$ would roll into this state if those scantily clad young ladies walking among the slot machines were offering joints to smoke along with the free alcohol?

SaintsDoc

Apr 24, 2016
There is another variable as well. How many doctors are going to write it. It will take specific CMEs plus an additional license fee to write it. Also, you will get audited by the State if you write it and you'll be inundated with phone calls and visits by people wanting prescriptions. To me, it would have been wiser to follow how Colorado and Oregon have done their programs. Hopefully, we will gravitate to their system when Waller is Governor.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Missed on Obama and Biden. Never voted democrat in anything other than Hood over Tater in our last state election and maybe once before when I knew a local candidate very well who was great, just on the Dem ticket. January 6th completely changed everything for me/gave me some real clarity.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I'm extremely happy we finally got this done. It's been long overdue.

However if Mississippi was really smart about it they would just go ahead and legalize for recreational use. Can you imagine how much $$$ would roll into this state if those scantily clad young ladies walking among the slot machines were offering joints to smoke along with the free alcohol?

You lost me right there.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I was against MM for years. I am 46 and partied pretty hard when I was younger but never really got into drugs, smoked weed a hand full of times. It just wasn't my thing. What changed my mind is I have watched several close loved ones (friends and family) suffer from cancer and opioid addiction. It really pissed me off watching my aunt suffer from cancer to her death a couple years ago. My cousin tried to get her to move to AK with him so she could use Mary Jane but that never paned out. I also have some really close friends that are recreational users. I love them boys like my brothers and besides chilling I can't see where it has had any impact on their life. I can also say I have lost a few good friends due to opioid abuse. Everyone of them got hooked after a major accident or surgery. I couldn't believe have pain pills ruined their lives. One of my old friends eventually committed suicide. It is way past time for our state to move forward on this issue. I was so pissed at Queen Mary when she backdoored MS voters. It made me wonder if she's ever watched one suffer or is she just a cruel dictator who finds a path to get her way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login