Memorable games when The Hump was totally electric (that I attended)

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
good lord... we really did beat UK a good bit (by comparison to alabama in fb)... I knew we won in '91 and just assumed it was then...

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Ha, that's why I had this video. My buddies and I are right there on the front row where we satstood every game. We would get there early and play cards and drink boot whiskey until the game started. Good good times.

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019
*****-us got in a fight at a night club, went to his car, got the racket and went back in.

Florida played at vandy. They pelted the floor with tennis balls, like 1000 of them. When they came to us next, we rode him hard, but this was early in our run with Smoke and the boys, so FL had us. At some point, game gone from our chance to win and we had a few to throw.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
UK was rebuilding some at that time as well. They bottomed out in ‘89 what with their NCAA issues/ Emery Worldwide brouhaha and this was the season before Pitino was named their head coach and Eddie Sutton was coaching the Wildcats.

They were about a year behind us as far as developing their team was concerned, which still meant that they were ahead of us but not quite a monster yet.

I knew that with our competitiveness against UK in ‘89 that we would have a upper division team in their senior years but I didn’t think they’d do as well as they did in ‘91.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login