Memphis is on a roll

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Active shooter posting his stuff on Facebook live. Driving around in an infinity and shooting. I thought Memphis was 20 years behind Jackson, but we’re closing the gap faster than expected. It’s almost like the criminals don’t have any respect for the law or a DA that believes criminals shouldn’t go to jail if they murder someone. Hey Pars, did the Nanny or the husband make this guy do it?

Last edited:

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Memphis Redbirds just cancelled the game and has everyone at the game in lockdown....

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Fox13 just said he went into desoto county on I-55, turned around and headed back into Memphis. Must’ve heard MS is outside of Mulroy’s protection, I mean jurisdiction.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Fox13 just said he went into desoto county on I-55, turned around and headed back into Memphis. Must’ve heard MS is outside of Mulroy’s protection, I mean jurisdiction.

He was just captured in Whitehaven.

He don't want none of these Mississippi boys.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
So I see the criminal was captured alive and taken in by police. Mulroy can give him a hug and counseling today.

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
At a time like this, please remember the politicians that don’t want to put these animals behind bars also don’t want you to have a gun to defend yourself.

Feb 23, 2008
And to think. One of the mods thought it was cute to put Hates Memphis on my

profile. That place was hopeless then and even more now.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I can’t describe the Pain I want that mf-er to endure by someone.
Hopefully several someone’s until he breathes his breath

Feb 23, 2008
A cop now has to not think once, but many times before firing a shot these days. Thank a lib who’d be rioting in the streets if they did.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
profile. That place was hopeless then and even more now.

I don't think anyone begrudges you for hating Memphis. A lot of people ***** about Memphis. You were probably just over the top about it.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
But that would be racist right?
All the decent people moving out of the inner city where **** happens?

How will they ever keep the water working?

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I visited Beale a couple of years ago and I could tell things have really changed around there since my college days. I was on edge the whole time expecting something to pop off.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I haven't been since our bowl game in 13. Used to spend time there working right out of college. Loved it then but I'm sure it's not the same

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
It is actually fine. Like most cities most of the violent crime happens in the same bad areas. The majority of the city is fine

Has this week sucked? Yes of course it has. It’s been a bad one. Still love living here though and know that the good in this city far outweigh the bad

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
It is actually fine. Like most cities most of the violent crime happens in the same bad areas. The majority of the city is fine

Has this week sucked? Yes of course it has. It’s been a bad one. Still love living here though and know that the good in this city far outweigh the bad

Was the runner in a good or bad part of the ********?

Jacknut1

May 23, 2010
Was the runner in a good or bad part of the ********?

I believe he caught her over by the University which is not a bad area. He stalked her for awhile though and I don't know what her route was up to that point.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012

Im in the city every day. I'd say 70% of the city isn't safe to live in for law abiding people. I certainly would not live inside the Shelby county and send a kid to public school. The blight is overwhelming. Abandoned strip malls or strip malls with tax prep place, check cash, hair place and liquor store. Then repeat on the next block. .

downtown, There is speed bumps all over front st and river side because of racing and burnouts. It's a nuisance to drive those roads now. Las time I came out of a Redbirds game, the Peabody was over run with people loitering and the smell of weed could give you a second hand high.

oh and the homeless population has grown noticeably in downtown. You can't walk main st any longer without someone begging for money or screaming at the sky. It's ridiculous

Last edited:

AlSwearengen

Aug 22, 2012
I believe he caught her over by the University which is not a bad area. He stalked her for awhile though and I don't know what her route was up to that point.

The thing to keep in mind when discussing safety in cities (especially cities like Memphis), you can have 3 blocks of million dollar homes and 2 streets over, you are in a different world.

These days, you need a half of a county between you and public housing/meth head trailer parks. Even then, you don’t know.

You folks that think you are safe all of the time better buckle up. The world is changing at break neck speed and a lot of it is by design. Some of those designing will remain safe, while making it difficult for the rest of us to stay safe.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
And that’s very true for that part of town. A couple of blocks from the U of M puts you in some rough neighborhoods.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
If Memphis is the butthole of Tennessee then West Memphis is the turd it laid.
Grew up in 3 close towns. Elementary school there in the 70s. I can confirm it’s always been a rough redneck Mecca. Used to call south West Memphis - Little Vietnam in the 80s because of all the gunfire.

AssEndDawg

Aug 1, 2007
I'm sure Mulroy can turn off the lights when the last decent person moves out of Memphis.
Well, we are going to help make that happen. We live in the heart of East Memphis and my wife finally told me this morning that she is definite on moving to Starkville. We gotta survive through the school year because we don't want to move our daughter mid-year but after that I get to escape this hell hole.

For any Memphis lovers, it's not just the crime. My power has been out 14 days so far in 2022, my internet out for 22 days (I work remotely from home). My electric bill, for when the power is working, went up 40% this summer. My wife had her purse stolen while getting gas. There was an armed car jacking in the exact place my 14 year old daughter was about 10 minutes after she left (in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Memphis mind you). Oak Court Mall, about a mile from my house, is so bad the police have just told everyone to stay the hell away and are barely responding to crimes over there unless it's violent. And then yesterday my daughter is on lockdown in her church youth group while we sit here with cops racing around our house and helicopters flying overhead with search lights. I'm tired of living in a 3rd world country.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Yeah Memphis is patchy as hell. Especially in the midtown area. At this point the whole damn country just needs to calm down. People have lost their damn minds, and unfortunately this week was Memphis' turn. At the end of the day though when it comes to these larger cities you just have to be aware of your surroundings. But that has always been the case though.

forestdepth

Feb 20, 2018
Yeah Memphis is patchy as hell. Especially in the midtown area. At this point the whole damn country just needs to calm down. People have lost their damn minds, and unfortunately this week was Memphis' turn. At the end of the day though when it comes to these larger cities you just have to be aware of your surroundings. But that has always been the case though.

We get it dude, you like living in Memphis.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Now the MPD has tweeted asking for help identifying two black males who have made terrorist threats against white people in Memphis.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Hatfield close the door and turn off the lights behind you many of us are cutting out

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This is another microcosm of the problem.

Will anyone turn them in bc of the whole “snitches” thing?

It’s a culture that has to be changed.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
This is an honest question. I was surprised to see that Memphis has a Caucasian mayor.

yeah I’m stereotyping but I was surprised. Should I be?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login