Michael Luker (RebelGrove)

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
An Ole Miss recruiting analyst is making these claims? Shocking that he is a student at Ole Miss and he’s troubled by this behavior. Our students must have been really behaving badly.***
I hope he’s getting eviscerated on the Twattersphere.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
An Ole Miss recruiting analyst is making these claims? Shocking that he is a student at Ole Miss and he’s troubled by this behavior. Our students must have been really behaving badly.***
I hope he’s getting eviscerated on the Twattersphere.
Can’t really do anything because he’s hiding now. His little echo chamber friends are agreeing with him.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Bad Behaviour Jealousy GIF

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
DONUT GET ME STARTED ON THESE CHEATENOUS $LUT$ AND THEIR POMPASS PROPAGANDA AND REVISIONIST HISTORY

but I WILL SAY I NEVER HEARD AS MANY KIND WORDS AS I HAVE IN THE OLE MISS STUDENT SECTION. NOT TRYING TO GROUP THE ENTIRE FAN BASE INTO IT, BECAUSE I KNOW MANY "AMAZING" 0LD PI$$ FANS AND KNOW THEY ARENT LIKE THAT

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I haven't been to a STATE baseball game in decades due to where I've lived the last 30 years but used to go to a lot back during the Clark / Palmiero days and the years that followed. The only racist thing I ever heard was this old man sitting next to me who said "Mr Wheat" when the other team's black guy came to the plate. He was only loud enough for those within talking distance. He was also very old. Throughout all my years that's all I've ever seen. I'm aware of the Frank Thomas incident but don't know all the details. Considering how much times have improved, I'm calling BS on this from an OM Outfield Rock Thrower.

Last edited:

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I haven't been to a STATE baseball game in decades due to where I've lived the last 30 years but used to go to a lot back during the Clark / Palmiero days and the years that followed. The only racist thing I ever heard was this old man sitting next to me who said "Mr Wheat" when the other team's black guy came to the plate. He was only loud enough for those within talking distance. He was also very old. Throughout all my years that's all I've ever seen. I'm aware of the Frank Thomas incident but don't know all the details. Considering how much times have improved, I'm calling BS on this from a OM Outfield Rock Thrower.
Furman Lake. Played second base for Alabama. I’m sorry, but he did look just like Buck Wheat. I don’t remember it getting out of hand but they did pick on him.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I haven't been to a STATE baseball game in decades due to where I've lived the last 30 years but used to go to a lot back during the Clark / Palmiero days and the years that followed. The only racist thing I ever heard was this old man sitting next to me who said "Mr Wheat" when the other team's black guy came to the plate. He was only loud enough for those within talking distance. He was also very old. Throughout all my years that's all I've ever seen. I'm aware of the Frank Thomas incident but don't know all the details. Considering how much times have improved, I'm calling BS on this from a OM Outfield Rock Thrower.
I'm your age. I went to MSU 94-96 and lived in Starkville for the next ten years. I was slow to find my direction, so I went to college later in age. It let me look at my time in college differently than I probably would have had I been 18 or 19 years old. I can honestly say the one thing about MSU that was impressive and noticeable was just how many different people and races were at the school and just how many African American students attended and worked at MSU. Also saw a noticeable difference between MSU and the fans of opposing schools in whatever sport was on campus being played.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Oh, when Bo Jackson played for the barn, he got plenty of racist comments from the outfield.

• Sad

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm your age. I went to MSU 94-96 and lived in Starkville for the next ten years. I was slow to find my direction, so I went to college later in age. It let me look at my time in college differently than I probably would have had I been 18 or 19 years old. I can honestly say the one thing about MSU that was impressive and noticeable was just how many different people and races were at the school and just how many African American students attended and worked at MSU. Also saw a noticeable difference between MSU and the fans of opposing schools in whatever sport was on campus being played.
I got lucky when my Dad and his older brother decided to buck the trend of going to tsun. I'm a descendant of the first judge in Leflore County and my tsun and confederate heritage runs deep in my family's history but we lost all the old money due to the Depression and Irish alcohol Syndrome. They were gonna hafta work their way thru college and that woulda not looked good at tsun with their name. "People's Universtiy" rings a clear bell for me. ETA: What they both told me while they were alive was that they felt SO Much more comfortable at STATE.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I sit on the Berm with the students. I talk to them, watch them, laugh with them, and cheer with them. I see black, white, and Hispanic sitting in peace enjoying the game and the experience. I have never heard a racism word out of any of them for the three years I have been back in the area. I am shocked that someone from Ole Miss would say such a thing about our students. This is a cheap shot coming from ‘Heritageland’ that held on the Old South institutions longer than any university in this land.

Aug 22, 2012
I will never take accusations of racism against us from someone affiliated with Ole Miss seriously while they still have slang for "The Plantation Owner's Wife" as their official moniker and a nickname for the largest group of traitors in US history as the name of their team.

This goes double for a white sports writer with both a personal and financial interest in driving recruits away from State and to The Plantation Owner's Wife.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login