Moorhead on the State job...

tired

Sep 16, 2013
If he was as great as he thinks he is, he would still be at State. I agree he could recruit. But personally handing out $$$$ isn't that hard.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
17 that guy.
Best rushing qb in SEC history
And
Arguably the best defense ever

Squandered

And then he told fans to pound sand

17 that mother17er
Best defense ever, not Miami, not Alabama ?? Or better running qb than say Tebow or cam newton… not sure which is more 👀👀…Give me a shot of what you’re drinking

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I'll give him a pass, because I don't think the 17er knows any better.
Glad he feels good about his self. (17 I'm glad he is a Zip)

Brokerdawg

Jul 1, 2012
I started to lose confidence in JoMo in the end zone seats at UK watching their DE blow up every play without us making one adjustment.

I totally lost all confidence at UT watching that bad team kick our ***.

it’s amazing how little we can perceive reality when OM is bad also.

If OM was the OM of today during those years JoMo doesn’t see year 2.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
He was playing solitary while the rest of the team was shooting dice…sums up his time here

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I have no words for this other than he cannot possibly be that ignorant to what he wasted in 2018. But hey congrats on going 2-0 against Matt Luke I guess….

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
It seems many &tate fans point to the program getting soft or undisciplined under Moorhead. I have no idea what went on at practice and off the field. It must have been bad for Cohen to pull the trigger that quick.

However Moorhead is right. His on the field results were good enough for &tate. People point to that 2018 season. However the Florida game and Iowa game were lost by players failing to execute.

Florida.... Gay dropped a sure pick 6. The WR drops a dime that Fitz layed in there for a TD.

Iowa. We stop Iowa early in the game to force 4th down. Gay throat slashes. Auto first down to extend the drive. They score their long TD. Again Fitz throws a TD pass to a Wr that hit WR in the chest.... deflected for an Int.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
2018 @kentucky followed by hosting Florida were 2 of the most disappointing games that I can remember in the fact that we had the talent to win going away, but the coaching was just awful.

I had to drive around the neighborhood for a while after that Kentucky game.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
All I know is we have gone 3 years and 3 coaches. Not a good look. At all.
Well, one passed away and the other was a fish out of water. You have to change coaches when one dies.

So you’re basically saying that we should have kept Arnett, he was a good coach, and was going to keep us relevant.

Last edited:

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
2018 @kentucky followed by hosting Florida were 2 of the most disappointing games that I can remember in the fact that we had the talent to win going away, but the coaching was just awful.

I had to drive around the neighborhood for a while after that Kentucky game.
I think I was madder after that Kentucky game than I was after 3-2. Total schitt show.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Make a bowl? Yes. Beat two of the worst om teams in years? Of course. Competent offense? Nah. Team culture? No!

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
He didn't beat Ole Miss twice, Ole Piss beat themselves remember? What a 17ing idiot! That game was poorly coached and undisciplined and he was the reason for both of those!
Ole Miss Football GIF by CornDoggyLOL

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It seems many &tate fans point to the program getting soft or undisciplined under Moorhead. I have no idea what went on at practice and off the field. It must have been bad for Cohen to pull the trigger that quick.

However Moorhead is right. His on the field results were good enough for &tate. People point to that 2018 season. However the Florida game and Iowa game were lost by players failing to execute.

Florida.... Gay dropped a sure pick 6. The WR drops a dime that Fitz layed in there for a TD.

Iowa. We stop Iowa early in the game to force 4th down. Gay throat slashes. Auto first down to extend the drive. They score their long TD. Again Fitz throws a TD pass to a Wr that hit WR in the chest.... deflected for an Int.
No, absolutely not letting him off the hook for those losses. We scored 6 points and had 202 yards of offense IN A HOME GAME. We held Iowa to 199 yards and lost the game. That is a failure of coaching.

We had maybe the greatest defense in school history and offensively, with Moorhead calling plays, were held to 7 points or fewer in four different games.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Never ever believe a coach who says he is about winning. None of them are. They are about credit. They don’t want to win unless they get the credit. This is why Moorhead and Arnett tried to change a ready-made roster.

Reactions: Paulie

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
No, absolutely not letting him off the hook for those losses. We scored 6 points and had 202 yards of offense IN A HOME GAME. We held Iowa to 199 yards and lost the game. That is a failure of coaching.

We had maybe the greatest defense in school history and offensively, with Moorhead calling plays, were held to 7 points or fewer in four different games.
Well it would have been at least 50 more yards of offense and 7 points if not for player execution.

Throat slash and dropped TD pass cost us the Iowa game. And Abrams busted an assignment on the long TD pass.

2019 debacle and horrible music city bowl.... 100% on Moorhead.

• Sad
Reactions: JackShephard
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login