Morgan Wallen cancels show tonight…

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Rumor is Morgan Wallen was too drunk to perform last night which is why the show was canceled so abruptly. Watch Ole Miss spin this into a positive about never losing a party.

Reactions: Dawgg

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
SPS kewl: telling everyone that you don’t know one of today’s biggest country acts. Points given, bro.
Not trying to be “kewl”, but I honestly couldn’t name a single song morgan wallen or Hardy. The only reason I know the name of Morgan wallen is because his trouble he got into a year or so ago.

Reactions: Eleven Bravo

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
SPS kewl: telling everyone that you don’t know one of today’s biggest country acts. Points given, bro.
It's possible he's telling the truth in not knowing who Wallen is. I didn't either and I have satellite radio in my truck which I listen to every day.

I vividly remember my father scoffing at me wanting tickets to Bon Jovi at the Hump and claiming he didn't know who they were. I realize now he probably wasn't kidding.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I hate it for his fans.

Seriously.

I know I wouldn't like it one bit if a performer I liked canceled just minutes before the show was about to begin.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Rumor is Morgan Wallen was too drunk to perform last night which is why the show was canceled so abruptly. Watch Ole Miss spin this into a positive about never losing a party.
Yeah, that's what they're doing. In typical Ole Miss fashion. Their losses are never losses in their eyes.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

patdog

May 28, 2007
He needs to have a chat with Vince Neil about performing with a loss of voice. Motley Crue would play to a sold out stadium crowd even if only every third word was coming out as audible.
Well yeah, when the whole show's pre-recorded and all you're doing is miming the songs.

Reactions: ababyatemydingo

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
My wife looked him up, asked her friend about him and played one song that her friend said she liked.

If that's "country" then bro I'm happy for you and everyone else that likes it. I'm not ever going to be into the Florida Georgia line crossover stuff. It's definitely something but it's not country.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
My wife looked him up, asked her friend about him and played one song that her friend said she liked.

If that's "country" then bro I'm happy for you and everyone else that likes it. I'm not ever going to be into the Florida Georgia line crossover stuff. It's definitely something but it's not country.
It is pop music

jxndawg

Dec 26, 2009
Uproar in Oxford as Morgan Wallen cancelled show after opening acts.
I was there because my kids and their friends wanted to go. I didn't know his name either, but when my kids played me some of his songs I thought, "Oh ok, I've heard this before." I think anybody would empathize with somebody who's sick ... the problem was that the concert started at 5:30, all of the opening acts had played, it was about 8:30 and everybody was pumped knowing that he was about to come out, and then they just made a matter-of-fact PA announcement that he wasn't coming out, and that everybody needed to leave.

On another note: I don't go to Egg Bowls in Oxford, and this was the first time I've been in VH since probably sometime in the mid-90s. Whoever on here said that it looks like it was put together from parts bought at an athletic director's garage sale knocked it out of the park. It looks terrible. We were in a skybox in the south endzone, so on my left was the 1982-looking pressbox thing that looks like two double wides stacked on top of each other, on the right is that upper deck thing with the bizarre curved roof with giant spikes sticking out of it, and the piece de resistance is the "bowled in" north end zone. Seeing it on TV it looks pretty good, like the stadium is really a bowl. In person it looks fake and chintzy as hell - the lines don't even match up at the top or bottom. It's so bad that it's a cautionary tale for any other school planning upgrades.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I was there because my kids and their friends wanted to go. I didn't know his name either, but when my kids played me some of his songs I thought, "Oh ok, I've heard this before." I think anybody would empathize with somebody who's sick ... the problem was that the concert started at 5:30, all of the opening acts had played, it was about 8:30 and everybody was pumped knowing that he was about to come out, and then they just made a matter-of-fact PA announcement that he wasn't coming out, and that everybody needed to leave.

On another note: I don't go to Egg Bowls in Oxford, and this was the first time I've been in VH since probably sometime in the mid-90s. Whoever on here said that it looks like it was put together from parts bought at an athletic director's garage sale knocked it out of the park. It looks terrible. We were in a skybox in the south endzone, so on my left was the 1982-looking pressbox thing that looks like two double wides stacked on top of each other, on the right is that upper deck thing with the bizarre curved roof with giant spikes sticking out of it, and the piece de resistance is the "bowled in" north end zone. Seeing it on TV it looks pretty good, like the stadium is really a bowl. In person it looks fake and chintzy as hell - the lines don't even match up at the top or bottom. It's so bad that it's a cautionary tale for any other school planning upgrades.
I wonder how many payments they have left on the double wide?

GTDawg

Sep 8, 2021
We took our kids as part of their Christmas gift... I only know his hits, but I went to see Hardy... He put on a great show. I will say that stadium is not equipped to hold an event like that. The concourses were shoulder to shoulder, and there were no event management at the portals to help people find their seats. Some guy was walking through the stands selling T-shirts with Colonel Reb and Morgan Wallen rocks Oxford on them... Selling them for $30 a pop... Don't know how that flies, but he had a big camo backpack on so he got in with that somehow.

Took us 45 minutes to get off Hwy 6 onto campus. I'm glad people who went Saturday told us to leave earlier.

And I will not complain about our concession prices after paying $16 for chicken tenders for my daughter. I also missed one of the acts waiting in line getting my child a T-shirt.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
my wife and kids were there....i thought she was joking or it was a stunt by his team....my daughter and her friends were eating lunch at same restaurant on Saturday before going to the OM/LSU baseball game, where they saw him there having a grand ol time....then he performed Sat night.....and rumor around here is that he was at the Library till 3am....not a good recipe....

best thing ive seen so far: "Not the first time an injury has been faked at VHS"

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Something to ponder: the media impressions he gets from that "n word" incident and now later cancelling this show is worth many millions of dollars. Nothing gets attention like a controversy, even when it might be planned.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Is it true that OM officials found out at 4pm that Wallen wouldn’t perform?
They knew earlier than that according to the rumor I heard. One of my students said a friend of his was one of the paramedics that helped him. He had a picture of him laying on the couch with black coal that was used to soak up the alcohol he had consumed. He said they knew he wasn't going to make the concert at 8AM. They went on with the concert to sell $16 beer, CDs, and shirts. That's a lot of money they wouldn't have made if they announce he wasn't going to perform.

Reactions: onewoof

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, this seems significantly different from the goobs that hop into an NBA thread to proudly declare they havent watched the NBA since Jordan v Bird was a video game.

The 4 or so posts(mine included) before your post, which all expressed surprise in this guy being a guy were, to me, coming from a funny ignorant perspective. Like observing 'damn, I am not up on things now'. Self-deprecation is a lot different from proudly declaring you dont know about something because you actively choose to avoid it.

You can have your points back.

Reactions: Dawgg

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
What about the people that bought tickets on the second hand market? I would be irate if I were in that situation.
I dont know which ticket service they used but all secondhand markets like stubhub, etc have protections for that. This isnt abnormal

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015

Its playing like crazy on country radio, enough to where Wallen‘s shows are hard sellouts.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
They knew earlier than that according to the rumor I heard. One of my students said a friend of his was one of the paramedics that helped him. He had a picture of him laying on the couch with black coal that was used to soak up the alcohol he had consumed. He said they knew he wasn't going to make the concert at 8AM. They went on with the concert to sell $16 beer, CDs, and shirts. That's a lot of money they wouldn't have made if they announce he wasn't going to perform.
That’s quite an accusation. And such a reliable source you are basing it on.*

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Not the first time someone has made a bad decision after a night out in oxford.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
He needs to have a chat with Vince Neil about performing with a loss of voice. Motley Crue would play to a sold out stadium crowd even if only every third word was coming out as audible.
I thought every third word being audible from Vince Neil was normal. Brother has only sang nouns and verbs for years.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Calm down Mrs Wallen. Your boy can’t help it he is a racist.
I get it. Reading is difficult for you. I’m just proud you took time off Dawgg’s pecker to post this. Good for you. Five extra kewl points for you, comrade!

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
You didn’t put quotes or sarcasterisks around “country”. Points deducted, bro.
I didn’t categorize him. The music industry did. Can’t say I could name or hum a tune of his but I do know who he is. I’m sure if he was woke, you’d be slobbering over him, bro.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I didn’t categorize him. The music industry did. Can’t say I could name or hum a tune of his but I do know who he is. I’m sure if he was woke, you’d be slobbering over him, bro.
Sorry, bro. I didn’t know you’d take it so personally. Have a good ‘un.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) — A Prentiss County woman has filed a lawsuit after country singer Morgan Wallen canceled Sunday evening’s concert in Oxford.

The woman filed the lawsuit on behalf of all affected patrons “who incurred expenses in connection with Wallen’s failure to perform at his ‘One Night at A Time Global Tour’ at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium in Oxford, Mississippi on Sunday, April 23, 2023.”

She’s seeking compensatory damages and wants her suit to become a class action lawsuit.

The singer performed Saturday evening but canceled Sunday’s performance shortly before its scheduled start time.

Wallen claimed he lost his voice and could not perform. Concertgoers have been promised refunds.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I’m just waiting for a Rebel fan to post something about how Mississippi State people are always obsessed with Ole Miss **

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
So how does this black coal work? Asking for a friend

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login