MSU Baseball: There are many examples of previous teams

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
getting better in the 2nd half of the season and making a run. I'm going to be optimistic and say we flip the SEC record in go 9-6 in 2nd half. If I'm wrong, oh well, but this team has talent and lots of excellent players. It starts with playing well on the road against bad teams.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Our next three opponents (Ole Miss, Missouri, and Florida) are all currently behind us in the league standings. All three are 100% winnable series. Badly need to go at least 5-4 in these next 9, 6-3 or better would be massive.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Our next three opponents (Ole Miss, Missouri, and Florida) are all currently behind us in the league standings. All three are 100% winnable series. Badly need to go at least 5-4 in these next 9, 6-3 or better would be massive.

We've certainly got one thing in common with Ole Miss and Florida. Pretty much everybody expected all 3 teams to be much better than they've been. We'll see who steps up.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Unfortunately, winning the series against Auburn did nothing for our RPI. We were 79 going into the series and now we are 80. Those early season losses to Q3 or Q4 teams are like a boat anchor.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Unfortunately, winning the series against Auburn did nothing for our RPI. We were 79 going into the series and now we are 80. Those early season losses to Q3 or Q4 teams are like a boat anchor.

I'd never pretend to have any kind of grip on RPI, but I think it's a mistake to assume, this far into a season, that who we play or what we do in the most recent 2 or 3 games has nearly as much impact as what our previous opponents are doing. Just way more inputs coming from them.

LBSU has been playing terribly and losing a lot lately, for example. Tulane lost 2 of 3 to Houston.

We gotta say screw RPI at this point and just win games. Especially SEC games. If we win 14 or more SEC games, RPI won't matter (and obviously it will be better).

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012

I still think it will take care of itself if we win games. 11 of our next 15 are away from the Dude and three of those four home games are against a Top 10 RPI team in Florida. We still have a lot of potential for upward movement. Granted, we could be totally eliminated after this stretch too if we lose most of those games.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login