Myah Taylor now team Hotty Toddy

wrapit

Nov 30, 2008
Ok, this is a problem. As much as I like Taylor and what she did at MSU,

This is NOT acceptable to go to your school's arch rival.

You don't play for a school for 5 years and then play against that school for 1 more.

How does that work for your allegiance when you are finished playing basketball?

Coach Yo doing work**

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
This is NOT acceptable to go to your school's arch rival.

You don't play for a school for 5 years and then play against that school for 1 more.

How does that work for your allegiance when you are finished playing basketball?
Unfortunately that tells you that she had no allegiance and it was all just a business to her. That's what big money does to things.

We benefit from it too (albeit not from Ole Miss that I remember), so the way I see it, it makes the loyal players that much more endearing. Especially in a sea of mercenaries.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
She’s playing 45 minutes from home and the coach she really liked (Novak) didn’t get the job. Plus she had been here 5 years. Might have just been ready to move on.

Last edited:

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Well let’s be fair - I don’t think she wanted to go far from home and that limits her options.

She saw the writing on the wall and wasn’t going to maybe even start here this year. OM was probably one of the few P5 team in the area that could offer a starting role.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
That and she’s playing 45 minutes from home and the coach she really liked (Novak) didn’t get the job. Plus she had been here 5 years. Might have just been ready to move on.
Not to Ole Miss, man. I get that you tend to not get too up or down and make the best of things, but it's a bad look for her to go this route.

Just play another year at MSU at this point. At the end of the day nobody gives a ****, but think about Malik Heath. That guy is going to be public enemy #1 come November and not really welcome back in Starkville. Up there with A.J. Brown.

Hard to really make much of it besides, hey, it's business, or whatever. At best.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Well let’s be fair - I don’t think she wanted to go far from home and that limits her options.

She saw the writing on the wall and wasn’t going to maybe even start here this year. OM was probably one of the few P5 team in the area that could offer a starting role.
Does she have WNBA aspirations or something? She's better off just staying here and if she rides the bench, either start coaching or get on with life.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Look I hate it, but not sure I can make the argument she’s better off sitting here.

She’s not going to make the wnba so I’m sure she just wants to play a lot her last year. Wish it was anywhere but OM because of optics.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So if she had gone to somewhere like Memphis, would this be a big deal? Just because she’s going to Ole Miss that gets all up in your feelings.

wrapit

Nov 30, 2008
Yes, exactly. I think transferring is right thing for Taylor, but to then play

against State on your arch rival's team is just wrong.
What does this do to her long-term popularity?

What if Dak P had transferred to OM his last season? Would he hold the same respect at State as he does now?

I think in the end, she is just concerned about herself (her advanced degree, close to home, starting), so I guess you got to do what you got to do, and perception from your original home fan base is less important. I get it.

So if she had gone to somewhere like Memphis, would this be a big deal? Just because she’s going to Ole Miss that gets all up in your feelings.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I just don’t see it as anything other than finding a good situation that gives her playing time on another SEC team that happens to be close to home that just happens to be Ole Miss. I would have rather she stayed in Starkville but that’s her life decision.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Unfortunately that tells you that she had no allegiance and it was all just a business to her. That's what big money does to things.

We benefit from it too (albeit not from Ole Miss that I remember), so the way I see it, it makes the loyal players that much more endearing. Especially in a sea of mercenaries.

I mean, is there big money in women's basketball? I just can't make my self care about this. I would probably be annoyed if it were football, men's basketball, or baseball. I really don't like it in football because of the potential to provide insight into theplaybook. But for us, everybody knows what our offensive playbook is regardless. And I sort of doubt Malik has been a scholar of the game and really dug into what our defense does in a way that gives more insight than good film review does.

But Ole Miss doesn't really bother me much more, if any, than any other team in the West (or team in the east on our schedule).

patdog

May 28, 2007
If you can't see the difference between a player transferring to Memphis and a player transferring to Mississippi, I just don't know what to say. Of course you know why it's different.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
At the end of the day nobody gives a ****, but think about Malik Heath. That guy is going to be public enemy #1 come November and not really welcome back in Starkville.

Literally haven't thought about Heath twice since his transfer announcement. He'll be a blip on the radar come Egg Bowl time.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That's completely different. I'll cheer for players who transfer from UM to MSU, but not for players who transfer the other way. I do not apologize for my double standard.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Most players have no loyalty to a school. Most didn't grow up fans like you or I.

I mean Will grew up an Ole Miss fan but he's at State. Lot of that goes on too.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
She’s playing 45 minutes from home and the coach she really liked (Novak) didn’t get the job. Plus she had been here 5 years. Might have just been ready to move on.

Ordinary students move back and forth from the two schools and nobody cares. But somehow people get worked up when it’s an athlete.

Fandom can lead to naivety.

Last edited:

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
********. If my daughter at State transfers to Ole Miss, I'm 17'ing pissed.

It would be like one of your players transferring to Louisville - you wouldn't like it either.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I wish her well. She was very loyal to us for 5 years and has two degrees from MSU. I hope this ends up being the right decision for her.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I just don’t see it as anything other than finding a good situation that gives her playing time on another SEC team that happens to be close to home that just happens to be Ole Miss. I would have rather she stayed in Starkville but that’s her life decision.

Honest now- did you have an opinion when Gary Ervin transferred to Arkansas? The collective fanbase lost their ever loving **** when that happened.
'Can't transfer in division! Ramble ramble rable!'
...or were you always this apathetic?

^ that isn't criticism, it's genuinely wondering if your view has evolved or were you the lone outlier back then. My view certainly evolved since then.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
I think were gonna need to get used to ole miss

Buying players. They have been doing it for years and now it’s legal if you don’t solicit and we know they would never do that. This is going to get very ugly.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Mine has changed because of how the transfer portal works now. These players do what’s best for their situation. They have the ability to up and leave just like a coach can just up and leave.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
Well the good news is Yo can’t coach very well so

Maybe we can withstand this ******** which will continue and that picture they posted is pathetic.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
That is correct.

Although your "all up in your feelings" bit is more of an indictment on you, than anything close to my feelings on women's basketball. I don't hardly even know who Myah Taylor is, but the point is the same. You know I'm right here, but you go out of your way to be the all-understanding guy. Take a look at the people in this thread that agree with you (olblue and glfr). That tells you something.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

You sure seem to know a lot about Myah Taylor's allegiance and her attitude towards MSU for a guy who "don't hardly know who Myah Taylor is", as you stated in another post in this thread.

Why would you have strong feelings about her transfer decision since you clearly know absolutely nothing about her?

The facts are, she played 4 years at State and was a very key player for much of her career.

As a 5 star All American recruit and the hands down best HS player in Mississippi her last 2 or 3 years of HS, she was willing to redshirt her freshman year (how's that for character?) because the team had two high quality point guards. She ran the scout team all season for a team that came within a whisker of winning it all.

She played for 3 different head coaches, only one of which she chose to play for, and was being asked to consider another.

She got two degrees from State and by all accounts did everything she was ever asked to do and more.

She's a Bulldog for me and if being a Rebel for a season makes sense in her mind, I wish her well. Some here should too.

yazoolegend

Nov 14, 2021
If the boos are not deafening and she is not handled physically when she attacks the rim in the hump next year something is wrong.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I hope Jessica doesn't leave

Jessica Carter on the clock.

I think she will be a difference maker next season regardless of where she plays. I would rather see that happen here. Ultimately, there is no way for us to tell what is going on with anybody on any roster anymore. I agree with Coach Leach this crap isn't sustainable long term. If the Portal and NIL are options then we need to go to a draft like they do in professional sports to level the playing field. Let's quit acting like these kids are amateurs!

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Does she have WNBA aspirations or something? She's better off just staying here and if she rides the bench, either start coaching or get on with life.

I doubt she makes it to the WNBA due largely to there being only 144 total roster spots. She could end up in Europe or Russia, but in the meantime, she ran a camp (with I assume plans to run more) and I have to figure being an alumni of the two most prominent women's basketball teams in the state has to help with networking and visibility.

I hate that she went to Ole Miss, but I understand it.

I'm grateful for what she did here and for sticking through what was a very different program than what she signed up for. I wish her well and hope she's happy, but I also hope she loses every single game for the rest of her college career.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login