Myrtle Beach Bowl

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
ODU may take the L in regulation, but we all know Tulsa is more than willing to take an L after the game ends.

dogmatic

Aug 22, 2012
I'm still not over Herbstreit, Mister Big 10, laying all the hyperbole and invective on us after the post-game spat.

Hell, the Michigan State gymnastics physician molested scores of kids, just scores of them, while their coaches covered it up. Then, there's Paterno covering up for Coach Sodomy for years and years, who was taking small boys into the shower and raping them up the bunghole, but a slap fight at our bowl game was an insurmountable black eye for college athletics. His whole reaction to the thing was the scientific definition of BS.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I'm still not over Herbstreit, Mister Big 10, laying all the hyperbole and invective on us after the post-game spat.

Hell, the Michigan State gymnastics physician molested scores of kids, just scores of them, while their coaches covered it up. Then, there's Paterno covering up for Coach Sodomy for years and years, who was taking small boys into the shower and raping them up the bunghole, but a slap fight at our bowl game was an insurmountable black eye for college athletics. His whole reaction to the thing was the scientific definition of BS.

Our fight was a black eye.
The examples you list were absolute medieval gut torn bludgeonings. Both Sandusky and Nassar were convicted for what are effectively life sentences, people at MSU and PSU as well as USA Gymnastics were fired/resigned, and what I remember were unprecedented sanctions were handed out.

The examples you list were heavily covered by ESPN for weeks and months. Our incident was covered for what...a little over a day?
It is possible for a bench clearing brawl to be a 'black eye', even when sex abuse scandals happen. Those are exponentially worse than a black eye for college athletics.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login