National Search

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
No doubt. We had a very rare opportunity to do it, and we choked.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
We go 4-8 or worse, and Selmon can pull the plug after one year. He’s an up and comer and wants to build a great resume. That Southern Miss game is now scary to me. Could go 3-8.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
The guy at western Kentucky. Get his OC too who looks one hell of a lot better than Barbay. Should have hired Arbuckle

Reactions: Mjoelner

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Should have but didn't. Inexperience in the most experienced and hardest league
Sassy Drama Queen GIF

Reactions: Ranchdawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Zach may be a good HC in time but it’s obvious he’s green as all get out right now. I’ll still be shocked if he doesn’t get a Year 2.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Kills me that CZA seems intense but his team plays like a powder puff Jr high team for the first 3 games. Want a team the will run through a brick wall just cause that's what's in front of them not necessarily cuz coach said so.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If you pay attention to his interviews you will notice he does not sound like a seasoned coach. I do like his music taste but found it odd when they asked his favorite Skynrd song he couldn't answer. Or favorite concert. But all the Zeppelin and Skynrd in the world won't win in the SEC. And let's give Brian Kelly some credit here too

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If you pay attention to his interviews you will notice he does not sound like a seasoned coach. I do like his music taste but found it odd when they asked his favorite Skynrd song he couldn't answer. Or favorite concert. But all the Zeppelin and Skynrd in the world won't win in the SEC. And let's give Brian Kelly some credit here too

He doesn’t sound like one because he isn’t one. He’s not only a brand new HC, he wasn’t a coordinator for THAT long. 2 years at SDSU, 3 years here. At the time Mullen left, which wasn’t terribly long ago, Arnett was a 31 year old Mountain West linebackers coach.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Hypothetically, who would y'all be interested in hiring should we get a new HC?

Top criteria for me:
Experience as a HC
Won a championship at any level as HC (conference championships included)
Offensive minded.

Would Lance Liepold leave Kansas to coach in the SEC?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
No AD, a shocking death of a head coach at a not so great time to be hiring a head coach. I don’t blame him for the hire. I’m sure others will feel otherwise and that’s fine but the pool of potential coaches may have not been so great.
Couldn’t disagree more. I said when we made the hire it was a mistake and I stand by that. Obviously, I hope there are some improvements but it’s hard to imagine at this point. My biggest fear with arnett was he had not been around enough to see how programs should be run. And that’s starting to show. He made a poor OC hire and that in turn is causing everything to break down. The OC might as well be pulling plays out of a hat right now because he has no strategy he’s trying to execute. He’s just throwing s**t against the wall and hoping something sticks. And arnett has no clue how to get the train back on the tracks. It’s been a disaster since game 1. And based on how unprepared the team looks, I can only imagine practice has been a disaster too, lack of experience.

Holding on to a some players or a recruiting class was not worth the disaster that arnett is. 3 games in and he’s in panic mode. If there is not a drastic change, this team might not win a conference game.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Top criteria for me:
Experience as a HC
Offensive minded.

I’m not against a young head coach. Hell mullen was young. But Mullen had worked at several successful programs. He had been around the block and was just a more experienced football coach than arnett.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
He sounds clueless, like a kid presenting to the class without doing any prep. He's not giving any deep answers or even coach speak. And while I appreciate his candor, "not having a good game plan" for 3 straight games is beyond concerning. Get it fixed or resign.

He's gonna have to prove me wrong. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and all the leash in the world through the first 2 games, bc he's a first time HC and there are learning curves, but this game cemented it. He ain't the HC many (even beyond our program) believed he was.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022

Top criteria for me:
Experience as a HC
Offensive minded.

Malzahn

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
I’m not against a young head coach. Hell mullen was young. But Mullen had worked at several successful programs. He had been around the block and was just a more experienced football coach than arnett.
Liepold won back2back natties in 13, 14 and back3back 09, 10, 11 at Wisconsin-Whitewater. Looks to have Kansas competing at a higher level now, they beat Texas in his first year (their only conf win lol). He had mediocre success at Buffalo in between but had a 10win season.

55yo

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
No AD, a shocking death of a head coach at a not so great time to be hiring a head coach. I don’t blame him for the hire. I’m sure others will feel otherwise and that’s fine but the pool of potential coaches may have not been so great.
I agree, and that’s coming from someone who is absolutely not a Keenum fan at all.

It was a dart throw hire no matter who we ended up with. Arnett made as much sense as anyone else that we could have pulled at the time, and was the only one that offered any sort of continuity.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login