NBC broadcasts

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
Someone needs to serve Herbstreit a steaming hot cup of STFU
ben stiller shut up GIF

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
The same guy that is hyping up our crowd and student section constantly? I think he has a genuine respect for PSU and enjoys coming to our games.
I agree with that assessment of Herbstreit. He will pick PSU opponents to win, but I do not think he is disrespectful and do think he loves the PSU game environment.

olelion

Oct 31, 2021
The same guy that is hyping up our crowd and student section constantly? I think he has a genuine respect for PSU and enjoys coming to our games.
I don't deny any of that. But he talks to much during a broadcast. Blackledge lets you take in the crowd and the atmosphere

Reactions: SleepyLion and LB99

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021

That's fine, but his broadcasting is too much. It's like we can't have a second of silence, constant chatter about the same stuff he chattered about 5 plays earlier.

There was one time Herbstreit was quite, it was when Grant Haley crossed the goal line. Seemed like a minute of silence which allowed viewers to process what they just saw. Of course, I don't think he meant to be quiet, he was shell shocked at what happened.

cac@PSU

Oct 15, 2021
Any idea of the time of White Out game against Washington. I have a crew coming with me for the game thus need some planning.

PSUHarry

Oct 7, 2021
I don’t care for the drum thing at the beginning, it seems contrived, but the broadcast crew of Blackledge/Eagle is so much better than Herbstreit/Fowler. It’s not even close.
I like Herbie and Fowler more. Blackledge is just glum. Eagle has a great voice though. He looks like a troll though.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I like Herbie and Fowler more. Blackledge is just glum. Eagle has a great voice though. He looks like a troll though.
I like Herbie and Fowler as well. Not more, but equal. I miss Ron Franklin. I thought he was a good play by play guy.

Reactions: wolflake

A2nit

Oct 12, 2021
I thought commercial breaks were actually more lengthy on NBC over FOX and that’s saying something.
They did miss the ref tell Wisky coaches the foul was actually on 45 and not the one called the announced number they were complaining about…

Reactions: wolflake

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I thought commercial breaks were actually more lengthy on NBC over FOX and that’s saying something.
They did miss the ref tell Wisky coaches the foul was actually on 45 and not the one called the announced number they were complaining about…
The cameras caught the ref telling Wisconsin that it was on 38 (which was what they announced).

But I agree that they had to be calling it on 45.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login