NCAA Tournament: Uh, Possibly, Maybe, I Don't Know

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
I won’t pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors on selection Sunday, but this just feels to me like our NET rating is like a pre-requisite for a job interview. It’s going to get us up to the point where we’re at least being talked about, but at some point, decision makers are going to look at the resume and say… sorry, they had opportunities to make a statement, but they blew dang near all of them. Pass
While it sure feels like this would be the case, if we win out and are in the 38-42 range in the NET rankings, the teams currently there have a combined 5 Q1 wins. We would have 4 as long as A&M remains in the top 75.

They have to fill out the bracket with somebody

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
Lunardi hasn’t updated, but during the game Sunday they showed that according to him, a win would put us in the “next four out.” That’s a lot of ground to make up with not a lot of great opportunities left.
It doesn’t feel like we can make up that ground without a lot of help or a win over Auburn.
And he lied. He just updated his chart and for the first time, we were completely left off.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It’s all good in theory but it’s hard to put much faith in this team to do what it needs to do. Two wins against a terrible Mizzou team are fine and dandy, but we have a tough last two weeks.

I’ll be shocked if we go 3-1 or better. I kinda think 1-3 is the most likely outcome. I’m not picking us to win either road game and not counting on a win against Auburn either.

Going 3-1 isn't that tall of an order. Just have to play to our potential like we have mostly not done for the first 27 games this year. I bet we have it figured out now though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login