Neal McReady reporting Freeze to Auburn**

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Several of these “sources” say he told the players unless something drastic changes he’s staying. He’s left the door open to still leaving but sounds like Ole Miss went full court press on keeping him. Who knows but it will be an interesting 3 days.

Now they get to say they flipped Kiffin back to Ole Miss and win the press conference.
Wasn't that the plan all along? Raise money for nil by making it look desperate then the ole miss faithful pulling through to raise money and keep lane. He's happy he gets a huge raise and they get more nil money.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
If Kiffin was planning to stay at OM, he would have signed this new contract OM offered and it would be very public. I’d bet almost anything he’s gone.
Yep. All he has to do is sign the contract and he hasn’t. This is either building to an epic meltdown for OM fans or Lane does some WWE stunt and signs the contract on midfield before the game tonight and starts yelling in a mic

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Several of these “sources” say he told the players unless something drastic changes he’s staying. He’s left the door open to still leaving but sounds like Ole Miss went full court press on keeping him. Who knows but it will be an interesting 3 days.

Now they get to say they flipped Kiffin back to Ole Miss and win the press conference.
i hope we stomp that a$$ in the mudd at VHS. Them losing 4 of their last 5 (5 of their last 6 if they lose bowl) will make them look like morons for paying a 8-5 coach $12 MM a year guaranteed money, plus extra lucrative perks. as if they need any help looking like morons

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Yep. All he has to do is sign the contract and he hasn’t. This is either building to an epic meltdown for OM fans or Lane does some WWE stunt and signs the contract on midfield before the game tonight and starts yelling in a mic
It's one of two things.... they are going to make a big production and do exactly as you suggest pregame Or he is on a jet out of there by 11pm.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Like "there's one program in the state that's on the rise."

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
i hope we stomp that a$$ in the mudd at VHS. Them losing 4 of their last 5 (5 of their last 6 if they lose bowl) will make them look like morons for paying a 8-5 coach $12 MM a year guaranteed money, plus extra lucrative perks. as if they need any help looking like morons
That's correct way to handle this. 17 em who cares who their coach is. Just beat them.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Time to lobby hard for Arkansas and TAMU as our other two permanents. If anyone is comfortable with Leach going toe to toe with Kelly, Kiffin, Freeze and Saban I dont know what to tell You. That is a coaching mismatch of epic proportions. Gonna have to REALLY rep it out n
Our other 2 permanents are Kentucky and A&M.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Why on earth would you subject your team and fan base to that level of distraction?
Because they do it all the time in recruiting. They know how our fans eat it up, and then their fans REALLY eat it up. He may really leave, but this actually is a playbook they know well and have used before.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I really don't care at this point. We just need to execute our offense and score points. I think our D will bend and not break and give up 28 or 30.

We've just got to move the ball and score on an Ole Miss D that is not as good as advertised.

We are the third best team they've played. Their losses are to the 1st, 2nd and 4th best team on their schedule. We need to continue that trend.

Replace Vandy with Georgia on their schedule and we are basically mirror images results wise.

Whether he leaves or not, his players are confused about it and to me that gives us an intangible.

We shall see.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
The headline shouldnt exactly give OM confidence. Does an official Auburn offer count as a “significant change”

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The headline shouldnt exactly give OM confidence. Does an official Auburn offer count as a “significant change”

"Likely"... "Unless something changes"... Dat's some weak a$$ed schit there. Sounding like a Pine Box. Maybe more.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Now that you mention it, I could definitely see OM pulling something like this.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If they actually do the press conference flip theatrics the sports media will roast them in the lonfg run. It would be such a juvenille stunt that will probably backfire on them. Some kids will think its cute but the parents and recruiting people will say it just shows how little you can really trust them.

Fashion over Form?

FLIPMAS LANE *******.jpeg.jpeg

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
He’s buying time so he doesn’t get heckled off the field. still belt sanding his pine box.

they aren’t focused on the game.

Aug 16, 2018
He’s buying time so he doesn’t get heckled off the field. still belt sanding his pine box.

they aren’t focused on the game.

There's some talk that Carter is getting pissed Lane won't sign his extension. Word is he was supposed to sign it yesterday after his talk to the team but he changed his mind and told Carter he'd sign it today before the game.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Oh wow, they were up for hours, must have deleted right after I posted.

McCready wasn’t reporting.* It just said something to the effect of “As of this moment, I believe Freeze will be named the Auburn coach sometime this weekend.”

Parham’s was about people around the team (players, assistants, recruits, etc.) being told that Kiffin is staying.

I have no idea what is going on lol. All I care about is winning the game.

*ETA: I should say, the post I saw was not reporting. He may have reported somewhere else.
Here is one of them:
3F5FD2D7-13D9-4389-ACA4-6EBF99A384BF.jpeg

This was last night. I think he has backed off of this a little today.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
If they actually do the press conference flip theatrics the sports media will roast them in the lonfg run. It would be such a juvenille stunt that will probably backfire on them. Some kids will think its cute but the parents and recruiting people will say it just shows how little you can really trust them.

Fashion over Form?

View attachment 267322
And people wonder why Arch is going to Texas.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I saw this on an Auburn board. Kiffin made reference to a leaking roof at a presser when asked about leaving ole miss.

It's being suggested that the Ole Miss AD and powers that be leaked the story because they were pissed that Kiffin had not signed his deal and killed the rumors and that is what the leaking roof was about.

Interesting concept.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
There's some talk that Carter is getting pissed Lane won't sign his extension. Word is he was supposed to sign it yesterday after his talk to the team but he changed his mind and told Carter he'd sign it today before the game.
People that post that kind of stuff have never negotiated anything more than a barstool at a garage sale.

Reactions: patdog

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
I will take that as a “yes. I posted as fact something I didn’t know anything about”

the lengths some of you people will go to for internet cred.
speaking of pinewood facts, get back to me in 24-48 hours

Lol

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
speaking of pinewood facts, get back to me in 24-48 hours

Lol
You said it was a done deal more than a week ago. Your words. Not mine.

That simply wasn’t true when you posted it.

At least you admitted that your source was message board chatter so I guess in a round about way you were admitting it wasn’t the truth.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login