New DC Hot Board

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Todd Grantham is coaching the defensive line for New Orleans. I honestly don't know if that's a better or worse gig than college DC.

Reactions: blackjackdog3

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Me. I do a pretty good job of keeping everyone out of the end zone in my NCAA games.

Second choice, my oldest son. He watches a lot of Bills games. He might be a better choice than myself.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Bring back the juice. Although I blame him more for the losses to ole miss and gtech in 2014 than Mullen. Getting ready to leave and leaving before bowl game.

whocanitbenow

Sep 8, 2024
Marcel Ledbetter moving company FTW.

“why should I speak to you? I just passed you twice and you didn’t say nothin…”
Most fans under 40 or 45 yrs old don't realize he played for State; heck most State fans under 30 probably have never even heard of him.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Most fans under 40 or 45 yrs old don't realize he played for State; heck most State fans under 30 probably have never even heard of him.
His wife’s brother went to our church and lived down the street from my grandparents. He was the county agent for Adams County for years. I met Jerry Clower once and he was the exact same person talking to you one on one as he was standing up on a stage. Hilarious.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We aren’t firing Hutzler… he was signed to a 4 year deal… we would have to pay him $3Million if we fired him
We signed a 1st time defensive coordinator to a 4-year contract? That’s insane! Regardless, the question isn’t how much would it cost to fire him. It’s how much will it cost if we don’t.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
We aren’t firing Hutzler… he was signed to a 4 year deal… we would have to pay him $3Million if we fired him
How much is it going to cost if we don’t fire him? I guarandamntee you it’s going to kill bdc & nil funding if we don’t make a change at DC.

Reactions: patdog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We signed a 1st time defensive coordinator to a 4-year contract? That’s insane! Regardless, the question isn’t how much would it cost to fire him. It’s how much will it cost if we don’t.
Definitely , that is crazy. I could see if he was a veteran DC. This is how you get in Debt.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
This is an athletic director who is completely incompetent if he allowed that to happen. As bad a job as I think Selman is doing, even I don't believe he signed off on a 4-year contract for Hutzler. I think it's fake news.
Paying Arnetts salary, paying Hutzlers salary. pretty soon you can’t afford to hire a veteran coach.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Paying Arnetts salary, paying Hutzlers salary. pretty soon you can’t afford to hire a veteran coach.
Really should have just kept Arnett for another year. Worst case is no worse than we are today, but with no debate about whether to fire the coach (not that there's really much anyway, we all know we're stuck with him at least 1 more year).

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Really should have just kept Arnett for another year. Worst case is no worse than we are today, but with no debate about whether to fire the coach (not that there's really much anyway, we all know we're stuck with him at least 1 more year).
Or hired a veteran head coach who has experience building a program. Arnett was really clueless

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I doubt that's true. Let's say it is true, if State can't cut bait on this clown over $3 million dollars, we need to just go ahead and drop down to the Sun Belt.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Better ask now before Jerry Jones gets to him

Does it matter how long the contract is? or just what the buyout is? We can sign them to a 20 year (theoretically - I know state law won't allow that) contract as long as the buyout is low, who cares.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Yeah I’m 38, so im probably in the minority for my age group. I’ll say this though, Mr CW, Jerry’s BiL made some of the best grilled/smoked chicken in Natchez. Biggest State fan I’ve ever met and he could tell a story nearly as good as Jerry.

Reactions: whocanitbenow