Next season's lineup

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I would be willing to bet that more than half (maybe 60% - 70%) will be wearing a different uniform next year.
Chance, Pullman, downs aren’t leaving. Count high fill in that mix.

I think Mershon comes back.

4 of the 9 will no doubt be back.

Reactions: basedawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Did we ever get clarity on Highfills surgery? If it was TJ we definitely need a portal C.
Would he have really been done for the year for TJ? Gotta think he at least could have been a solid DH in the back half of the year even if he couldn’t throw. Ohtani had no trouble with it.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Would he have really been done for the year for TJ? Gotta think he at least could have been a solid DH in the back half of the year even if he couldn’t throw. Ohtani had no trouble with it.
I think he wanted to go ahead and have the surgery. He tried to bat at the beginning of the year and went 1-10.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
Polk always went to Fla JUCO and got 2-3 players a year. Is that not a good plan anymore?

basedawg

Aug 22, 2012
I didn’t say the lineup or group was good… or even who would start… I just think those guys are all coming back

But I agree, losing tons of production
Chance was pretty consistent. Led Sec with fewest strikeouts. Decent left fielder, not a great arm but so what. Led the team with Sec average. Good team player. may be only starter coming back,

Reactions: patdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Chance was pretty consistent. Led Sec with fewest strikeouts. Decent left fielder, not a great arm but so what. Led the team with Sec average. Good team player. may be only starter coming back,
Chance is a good support player. Can’t be a main piece. If he’s a main piece of any team, that team isn’t good

Reactions: basedawg and patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Chance is a good support player. Can’t be a main piece. If he’s a main piece of any team, that team isn’t good
True. But we definitely need him & Mershon back. And Steven’s back if he can live up to his recruiting rankings. Still need about 8-12 good transfers.

Reactions: basedawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
True. But we definitely need him & Mershon back. And Steven’s back if he can live up to his recruiting rankings. Still need about 8-12 good transfers.
Yep… downs, chance, Pullman, highfill aren’t leaving. And again everything I’ve heard is Mershon is coming back barring high draft.

but that ain’t enough. Got to land some major talent

Reactions: basedawg and patdog

basedawg

Aug 22, 2012
He did pretty good in the middle of the batting order. We know what we have with Chance. You never know what we get in the portal. No doubt we need some power hitters, another starter and a few relievers.

Reactions: HuntDawg and patdog

Anon1703973748

Dec 30, 2023
anything could happen.. but I’ll stand by I’ll be shocked if he’s back and even more shocked if he’s an impact guy for us.
If we are talking about Stevens, I don’t understand why you don’t think he will be back. He played a lot for a true freshman. Probably logged more innings than any other freshman on the team.