NFL Black Monday Thread

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
He used to have a sweet mustache but he shaved it. Unfortunate, as that was the only thing memorable about him.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
So they are report two teams are interested in Bill B. Any chance it's atl?

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
He is the son of Fred Smith. Yes, that one who owns FedEx. He is a billionaire already so don't cry too hard for him losing his job.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
He is the son of Fred Smith. Yes, that one who owns FedEx. He is a billionaire already so don't cry too hard for him losing his job.
I had no idea.

Guess it makes sense seeing how his entire career was spent with the Titans.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I couldn't have named Atlanta's HC if my life depended on it.

And I have no idea who he is beyond his name now.

And I won't be googling him....

But I wish him nothing but the best going forward
His career path is like if your dad was a billionaire and you decided one day you wanted to be a football coach

patdog

May 28, 2007
So they are report two teams are interested in Bill B. Any chance it's atl?
I'm a Belichick fan. But I think it would be a huge mistake to hire him. He's well past his prime and his handling of pretty much everything in New England for the last 4 years has been a disaster.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He was by far the worst coach in the NFL and was hated by anyone who played fantasy football, including players.

He defied logic and was always the smartest guy in the room. Good riddance
He also lost to the 2-15 Panthers while his incompetent offense only scored 7 points….in a game that could have helped put them in the playoffs.

Spend Top 10 draft capital on Kyle Pitts, Drake London, and Bijon Robinson? Ah who cares….lets run the entire offense through Cordarrelle Patterson, Jonnu Smith, and Tyler Algeir.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Guess Ron Rivera won't be part of that complete Washington overhaul:

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
He was by far the worst coach in the NFL and was hated by anyone who played fantasy football, including players.

He defied logic and was always the smartest guy in the room. Good riddance
I would argue that Dennis Allen is worse. Yes I know that the Saints beat the s h I t out of the Falcons yesterday but the Saints roster is significantly better and could not win that awful division and they were 1-1 against the Falcons this year

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I would argue that Dennis Allen is worse. Yes I know that the Saints beat the s h I t out of the Falcons yesterday but the Saints roster is significantly better and could not win that awful division and they were 1-1 against the Falcons this year
I think he was 3rd worse coach in the league…behind Staley.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
Owner of random NFL team... "Our QB play has sucked as long as we've had this coach, maybe longer. I'm gonna fire the coach and we've got to get us a QB." You can't win many games in the NFL without really good play from the QB.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Owner of random NFL team... "Our QB play has sucked as long as we've had this coach, maybe longer. I'm gonna fire the coach and we've got to get us a QB." You can't win many games in the NFL without really good play from the QB.
Usually, but a good defense can carry a team. There are examples. But to your point, good qb play makes it much easier to win. Of course you can have the Phillip Rivers who play good and never win anything of note.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
He also lost to the 2-15 Panthers while his incompetent offense only scored 7 points….in a game that could have helped put them in the playoffs.

Spend Top 10 draft capital on Kyle Pitts, Drake London, and Bijon Robinson? Ah who cares….lets run the entire offense through Cordarrelle Patterson, Jonnu Smith, and Tyler Algeir.
But they won't expect Bijon to sit on the bench.
If all our linemen go left, they won't expect us to run right.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
I couldn't have named Atlanta's HC if my life depended on it.

And I have no idea who he is beyond his name now.

And I won't be googling him....

But I wish him nothing but the best going forward
I googled. His dad was FedEx founder Fred Smith, who owned the Redskins where he got his break into coaching for 2yrs before landing at the Plantation a 1yr. Then he was small potatoes at the Titans til taking over OC for a year (once Matt LeFleur left) and becoming the under-qualified, nepotistic HC of the Falcons

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
On a related note, what his dad did in creating FedEx is one of the most unlikely and greatest business succesess of my lifetime.
Maybe so, but they are just about the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Horrible customer service. Lousy website. They are so consistently bad I started choosing to pay more to use other carriers.

Truly stunning how a company that well known and that large can be so awful.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Maybe so, but they are just about the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Horrible customer service. Lousy website. They are so consistently bad I started choosing to pay more to use other carriers.

Truly stunning how a company that well known and that large can be so awful.

It was more a comment on the original idea of competing with the postal service and making a huge success of it. Not there current customer service.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

Shlt, I wish they had run more of their offense through Tyler Allgier. I had that guy on a couple of fantasy teams and he was horrible this year after being really good last year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Shlt, I wish they had run more of their offense through Tyler Allgier. I had that guy on a couple of fantasy teams and he was horrible this year after being really good last year.
Allgeir is a thumper, but Bijon is considered a generational talent at RB. Probably the best pure RB out of college since Zeke. There are probably 30+ Tyler Allgeirs scattered throughout the NFL.

The Falcons personnel management has just been dumbfounding. They’ve spent not just 1st round picks, but 17ing top 10 picks on elite offensive skill position players that they don’t even use. Drake London is their WR1 and gets just 70 catches per year….on like 7 targets per game. Kyle Pitts is the biggest physical freak to have ever existed at the TE position. He’s both faster and more athletic than most NFL wide receivers….yet they run 12 personnel, and damn Jonnu Smith only ends up with 3 fewer receptions than he did. Bijon - another top 10 pick - gets like 10-12 carries a game. Its total nonsense.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Saints appear to be retaining Dennis Allen. Unreal. In no galaxy does that guy deserve another year. 24-46 career record as a head coach with zero playoff appearances, but yeah let’s run it back!

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Saints appear to be retaining Dennis Allen. Unreal. In no galaxy does that guy deserve another year. 24-46 career record as a head coach with zero playoff appearances, but yeah let’s run it back!
The Saints deserve what they get. They have division in their locker room and have since at least when Brees was shamed for his comments that he apologized for before he retired. They’re throwing away money at Thomas and Kamara.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The Saints have sucked left hind tit at QB since Brees retired. You can’t trot stiffs like Derek Carr and Jameis out there and expect to consistently be over .500….much less a playoff threat. Allen may be part of the problem, too, but he’s not had much to work with at the most important position on the field. Hard to judge him accurately until he has at least base level QB play.

I mean, have the Saints ever drafted and developed a QB since Archie?

patdog

May 28, 2007
The Saints have sucked left hind tit at QB since Brees retired.
Since Tom Benson died. Brees kept it going until he retired, but management has been clueless without him. Same situation in LA when Jerry Buss retired. Franchise went to the cellar while Jeannie and her brother were battling for control. It got better when she was able to kick him to the curb. I don't see much hope for the Saints until Benson's wife sells the franchise.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The Saints have sucked left hind tit at QB since Brees retired. You can’t trot stiffs like Derek Carr and Jameis out there and expect to consistently be over .500….much less a playoff threat. Allen may be part of the problem, too, but he’s not had much to work with at the most important position on the field. Hard to judge him accurately until he has at least base level QB play.

I mean, have the Saints ever drafted and developed a QB since Archie?

They don’t have a Super Bowl roster but they have enough guys to make the Playoffs, and haven’t done in it an absolutely awful division the last two years. Tampa has won it two years in a row by going 8-9 and 9-8. Not asking for much here. Carr isn’t great but he had an OK year. Very middle of the pack in most season.

I don’t feel like Saints fans have unreasonable expectations. Drew and Sean are gone and it’s going to be tough to recapture that magic. But with Brady retired this division was the Saints’ for the taking and they totally whiffed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login