Nice slap in the face SEC Nation, SEC Network......

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
SEC Nation comes to town and they choose to highlight a restaurant 3 hours away in ALABAMA!!! What the hell!

Reactions: STATEgrad04

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Do you mean when watching TV from your home? I (in north Alabama) was getting ads for Lexington, KY throughout SECNation and the game. I think they just got their ads screwed up.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Do you mean when watching TV from your home? I (in north Alabama) was getting ads for Lexington, KY throughout SECNation and the game. I think they just got their ads screwed up.
haha we saw the same Lexington Ky ad in... Austin Tx. My wife was also curious as to "what the hell was that?"

But the restaurant was some bbq place in Alabama, I forget the name. They talked about it on the podcast. Pretty ridiculous, especially when all the broadcasters talk about Little Dooeys on air when they come in town.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Yea, I didn’t understand the connection to Big Bob Gibsons in Decatur. Although, the University used to host a Memphis in May BBQ qualifier every year but it used to always be Super Bulldog Weekend and not in the fall. He could have been in town for that. Chris Lilly is a great guy, met him several times when I was doing the BBQ circuit. He’s a national brand. He’s a much bigger deal than anything around the Golden Triangle. Comparing him to Pettys or Lil Dooey is apples to oranges. I’m not dissing their food, I like both, but Chris Petty is a big deal in the BBQ world.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
SEC Nation comes to town and they choose to highlight a restaurant 3 hours away in ALABAMA!!! What the hell!
Ouch. EcoDev and Tourism people have some work to do promoting Christy's, Cowboy's, Danver's, B-Quik chicken, and the "House of Death" (an old, converted Coleman's BBQ Pit) *********

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Didn’t see that, but pretty sure I heard a “west alabama “ comment. Not sure if it was SECN or ESPN.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
haha we saw the same Lexington Ky ad in... Austin Tx. My wife was also curious as to "what the hell was that?"

But the restaurant was some bbq place in Alabama, I forget the name. They talked about it on the podcast. Pretty ridiculous, especially when all the broadcasters talk about Little Dooeys on air when they come in town.
Still beats the Beto ads everywhere in Texas even on Youtube.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Yea, I didn’t understand the connection to Big Bob Gibsons in Decatur. Although, the University used to host a Memphis in May BBQ qualifier every year but it used to always be Super Bulldog Weekend and not in the fall. He could have been in town for that. Chris Lilly is a great guy, met him several times when I was doing the BBQ circuit. He’s a national brand. He’s a much bigger deal than anything around the Golden Triangle. Comparing him to Pettys or Lil Dooey is apples to oranges. I’m not dissing their food, I like both, but Chris Petty is a big deal in the BBQ world.
Then have him cater the Bama game. This is stupid ********. Kind of like them broadcasting our main camera for our game in standard definition.

Aug 25, 2012
I’m just using common sense here. I would wager the BBG PAID to host it. National exposure and all. I would even bet that SEC made money off of it

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login