NIL Allocations by sport

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
That’s the reason why we’ve had post season success in baseball and never will in football.
You are so po ol state mentality. Maybe 20 schools give a damn about baseball. It’s a glorified club sport but we got fans like you who would 17ing rather go to Omaha than make the football playoffs.
Another thing on football. We have won so don’t give this bullsh!t we never will. 13 bowls in a row until this year ranked number 1 in 14, ranked numerous times in the last 15 years as well. So yes we can win in football, but we need you clubsporters to not just care about baseball.. it’s a club sport

Reactions: BirdPuppy

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Do you think most schools give a flying feck about baseball. We truly have the dumbest fans. But but muh baseball muh lfl muh Ron polk statue. Muh DNF. This why other fan bases laugh at us
Most schools in the sec care about baseball. Just look at salaries and facilities improvements.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You are so po ol state mentality. Maybe 20 schools give a damn about baseball. It’s a glorified club sport but we got fans like you who would 17ing rather go to Omaha than make the football playoffs.
Another thing on football. We have won so don’t give this bullsh!t we never will. 13 bowls in a row until this year ranked number 1 in 14, ranked numerous times in the last 15 years as well. So yes we can win in football, but we need you clubsporters to not just care about baseball.. it’s a club sport
Can be a middle ground right?

more than 2o schools care about baseball and it’s more than a club sport.

football does drive the bus without question and it would be foolish to toss that out the window. That said we can acknowledge there is a large gap in our football program and the blue bloods and regardless of if the clubsporters care or not, their lack of caring isn’t what is holding us back or is what’s holding us back. I’d argue you could take every time the university spends on other sports and it still wouldn’t be enough.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I’m not saying defund football. But I do know that moving forward we will have to win in the margins.

Compared to our peers, we are a non GT Mustang showing up to the race track. All we can afford is a new wrap, some fancy rims, a spoiler and a aftermarket air filter. Everyone else that matters is driving a M3 or Black Series. When a few top cars crash and we happen to have good race, we will get a glance at the podium. But both of those things have to happen in the same race for us to get some air time. That’s reality.

Again, I’m all for football getting the lion share of NIL. It needs 80-90% of it. We could add 1M in funds to football and likely not see any measurable uptick in revenue, wins, fan participation, etc. Add 1M to baseball NIL and maybe you can get a Skenes level player. I don’t think that’s out of the question.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think we're in very real danger of being left behind if we don't remain competitive in football. We need to do all we can to see that doesn't happen. I used to think if we got left out, Mississippi would too. But with their investment in football recently, they'll be in. We need to be there too.
If we want to be in, we need to raise money i.e. be a bigger brand AND be semi-competitive. Many competitive schools have been left out of realignment over the years.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login