No noodle thread today?

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
He had a fumble (we’ve seen that before) and an INT.
Im not in the will debate but he passed well the first half as far as his completion % and made some good plays This loss isnt on will. Iowa has some monsters on its O line and Kaleb Johnson will be a high draft pick at rb

i think the fumble was where iowa pass rushers blind sided him and the int came late

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Im not in the will debate but he passed well the first half as far as his completion % and made some good plays This loss isnt on will. Iowa has some monsters on its O line and Kaleb Johnson will be a high draft pick at rb

i think the fumble was where iowa pass rushers blind sided him and the int came late
When you score 10 points, the loss on your offense.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
What do you guys win if Rogers has a bad game? Because there has to be something
He’s simply not a good QB. He is a product of the coach with the biggest brain in all of college football. Without Leach, he never sniffs the college football field. I wanted to see a Leach lead MSU with a Minshew, a Klingberry, or a Harrell. Instead, we got three years of Leach with Noodle Arm. Besides, he left us. He thought he was bigger than the university.

smurphdawg

May 5, 2016
He’s simply not a good QB. He is a product of the coach with the biggest brain in all of college football. Without Leach, he never sniffs the college football field. I wanted to see a Leach lead MSU with a Minshew, a Klingberry, or a Harrell. Instead, we got three years of Leach with Noodle Arm. Besides, he left us. He thought he was bigger than the university.
Dude you are so right. If Leach weren’t at Washington right now Rogers wouldn’t even be on the team.

smurphdawg

May 5, 2016
Ok. Rogers is not going to lead UDub to a bowl. Period. Without Williams, UDub doesn’t score a TD today. Williams will be QB1 by the end of the season.
I caught about 5 minutes of that game, thought I saw Rogers throw a TD pass but perhaps I’m mistaken. Anyway I don’t know much about football, but I do understand that with our history of featuring elite QBs at Mississippi State that the standard is way on up there. But we can’t expect to have a guy with an absolute cannon like a Tyson Lee or a Kyle York every year, sometimes you may have to endure a guy like Rogers.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
south park beat a dead horse GIF

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I caught about 5 minutes of that game, thought I saw Rogers throw a TD pass but perhaps I’m mistaken. Anyway I don’t know much about football, but I do understand that with our history of featuring elite QBs at Mississippi State that the standard is way on up there. But we can’t expect to have a guy with an absolute cannon like a Tyson Lee or a Kyle York every year, sometimes you may have to endure a guy like Rogers.
UDub subbed Noodle for Williams on 4th down and short. Williams converted and yes UDub scored on that drive. If Fisch had confidence in the Noodster, the Noodster would have been on the the field. What about all the other Noodle Arm drives that resulted in zero points?

smurphdawg

May 5, 2016
UDub subbed Noodle for Williams on 4th down and short. Williams converted and yes UDub scored on that drive. If Fisch had confidence in the Noodster, the Noodster would have been on the the field. What about all the other Noodle Arm drives that resulted in zero points?
I guess he had a bad game? It wouldn’t be his first. I agree he doesn’t have a rocket arm like a Wesley Carroll but I think at worst he was a decent QB for us. No big deal, a lot of people agree with you, I just think it’s wild how much disdain a lot of Stare fans have for him, that’s all.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I guess he had a bad game? It wouldn’t be his first. I agree he doesn’t have a rocket arm like a Wesley Carroll but I think at worst he was a decent QB for us. No big deal, a lot of people agree with you, I just think it’s wild how much disdain a lot of Stare fans have for him, that’s all.
I think we agree here. He was serviceable under Leach. Outside of Leach, not so much. He had his best game post Leach last week. He can’t do that throughout the season. Either Williams gets named the starter and they make a bowl or Rogers stays the starter and they are at home in postseason. Considering UDub was in the final four last year, that is a disappointing season.

smurphdawg

May 5, 2016
I think we agree here. He was serviceable under Leach. Outside of Leach, not so much. He had his best game post Leach last week. He can’t do that throughout the season. Either Williams gets named the starter and they make a bowl or Rogers stays the starter and they are at home in postseason. Considering UDub was in the final four last year, that is a disappointing season.
Fair enough. If we run into each other some day we will get a cold one and I’ll tell you in detail why you’re wrong and I’m right since this topic has not been covered previously on the board. Enjoy your day bro, maybe we will see a few more throws like that from this qb.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Fair enough. If we run into each other some day we will get a cold one and I’ll tell you in detail why you’re wrong and I’m right since this topic has not been covered previously on the board. Enjoy your day bro, maybe we will see a few more throws like that from this qb.
Would love to have a cold one with you one day. Look forward to it.

Reactions: smurphdawg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Paraphrasing a post on the Washington board that I think summarizes a lot of folks thoughts "Will Rogers is not the problem, unfortunately he's not the answer either"

Reactions: Howiefeltersnstch
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login