Nose Ring

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Let’s try a different subject. Went out for lunch and once again our server had a hog ring stuck through her nose. I don’t know exactly what they call it these days, but it’s a hog ring pure and simple. This just begs for a few questions. Why would any woman think that this is a good look? Why would any woman want to wear anything that associates them with hogs? What happens when they sneeze? And why do restaurants allow food servers to wear these things at work. It’s almost like it is required for restaurant workers now. That’s just disgusting if you ask me. Oh well at least it’s not about education or bad baseball. Carry on.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I'm 60 and many folks like me couldn't imagine that or even a tat. I've got friends with tats but no weird body piercings. The degree some youngsters use to repulse and shock is off the charts. And Oh Yea, "Get the 17 off my lawn."
It’s almost like they want to make sure that no one will consider hiring them for a responsible better paying job.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
tattoos are fine- I have 3 of them, like them all, and really cant imagine a group of women talking about how I would be cute if I just didnt have some meaningful tats on my legs. Like wt17?
They are so common at this point that I dont even think twice. I like seeing the creative ones where the motivation or meaning isnt obvious. Some really cool stories come from that and it reveals personality that otherwise stays reserved.

I dont find the circular barbell look to be great, but to each their own I guess.
A woman with a small hoop on one side or a small stud though? Im a product of the 90s so sign me up.
Bonus points for those who recognize the 2nd pic. 1 hit wonder.

Last edited:

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
My wife and I went to the Pacific North West last year. I made the comment to my wife that it must be a requirement for females to have some form of a nose ring if they work in the service industry. Seriously it was like every individual that I assumed to be a woman (and I use that term loosely) had 17'ing nose ring.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
This board seems to get more and more old everyday. Without knowing the servers age or the OPs age, I think I can confidently say that she does not care if you think her nose ring is attractive.

She probably thought your suspenders were unattractive******

Polygonal

Sep 29, 2014
Let’s try a different subject. Went out for lunch and once again our server had a hog ring stuck through her nose. I don’t know exactly what they call it these days, but it’s a hog ring pure and simple. This just begs for a few questions. Why would any woman think that this is a good look? Why would any woman want to wear anything that associates them with hogs? What happens when they sneeze? And why do restaurants allow food servers to wear these things at work. It’s almost like it is required for restaurant workers now. That’s just disgusting if you ask me. Oh well at least it’s not about education or bad baseball. Carry on.
Our then-19 year old daughter came home from college a couple of years ago with a nose ring. That definitely did not go over well with me, but we decided to downplay it and see if she would come to her senses. After about 6 weeks, she took it out primarily due to hygiene, she said. I think down deep, she knew it was not the look of someone planning a career outside the food service industry.

I understand the “need to be me”, but the 60 year olds are in charge of hiring (I’m one of them) and someone walking in with face adornment is going toward the bottom of the list. Reality. Sorry.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
My wife and I went to the Pacific North West last year. I made the comment to my wife that it must be a requirement for females to have some form of a nose ring if they work in the service industry. Seriously it was like every individual that I assumed to be a woman (and I use that term loosely) had 17'ing nose ring.
I have to laugh at the rush of this generation to be edgy, unique and individualistic ….. like virtually everybody else in that generation.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
In my old job- one that required a college degree and was a traditional office branch type job- multiple women had nose rings thru the 18 years I was there. They werent obnoxiously large or anything, but they had em. Professional setting and all.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
This board seems to get more and more old everyday. Without knowing the servers age or the OPs age, I think I can confidently say that she does not care if you think her nose ring is attractive.

That's just due to the passage of time.

There's a young woman, maybe college age, who's a barista at the Barnes & Noble nearest me. I don't think she has a nose ring, but has several piercings in her nose and ears as well. She's very nice but her face is red and looks like she has a cold all the time. She also wears what I think is peasant-type clothes - long skirt and loosely woven muslin blouse. I suppose she's going for a certain look. But as I said, she's nice and good at what she does. Plus - the coffee shop in B&N doesn't beg for tips like Starbucks, Panera, and many others do nowadays. She's not offensive in any way but I'd not like my daughter to do what she does.

Reactions: aTotal360

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
face piercings and colored hair are tools that idiots use to identify each other.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

But those SAS kicks...***

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Relax. This thread's about to get hilarious. @PooPopsBaldHead (the poster formerly known as JLS) is about to weigh in with his intimate knowledge of bondage.
Well actually, in this case you'd be talking about those needle play freaks... A fella has to have his limits.

I am just an old fashioned whips, collars, chains, ball gags, and patent leather kinda guy. Restriction and a little light torture still works for me. Though I am gaining interest in shibari (intricate Japanese rope bondage)... Just need my kids to get a little older so if they happen to walk in on us they don't think mommy and daddy are playing Spiderman and tell all their friends at school about it.

Spider Man GIF

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I guess that I just happen to be one of the few old guys that doesn’t like to have their bone in rib-eye served to them by a woman with snot dripping off of the hog ring in her nose. Sorry. I’m just funny like that.
Did your server actually have snot dripping off her nose ring?

I dont think anyone would like that.

Reactions: GomJabbar
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login