Not-so-crazy Tin Foil hat thought-

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
Another not so crazy tin foil theory….if Alabama beats Georgia, there are going to be swarms of fans on this board and every single other non-Bama board rolling the film and finding obscure holding penalties and other similar nuance that weren’t called on Alabama, while totally ignoring the same type of calls not made against UGA.

It’s the SEC Championship game, and its going to have tens of millions of eyeballs. Last thing the league wants is a tainted victory from either team. The CFP committee would likely address any blatant missed calls or game altering blunders from the officials in terms of how they handle the rankings, which would be a total embarrassment for the SEC. It will be called as cleanly as an SEC game can be called. That’s not saying much, due to general incompetence of league officials, but that incompetence should cut both ways.

Your post makes total sense and I agree 100%.

Then again, many of the same arguments were valid when a Super Bowl participant was determined by ignoring an egregious pass interference.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This funny coming from the guy who said my posts were dangerous. THAT is a knee-jerk response elicited from someone with a different POV.

I dont think all your posts are dangerous. Most are quite worthless. I am sure if you were to list em, I could point out some that are dangerous due to the potential for others believing incorrect and unsafe claims/comments.

But none of that has to do with this topic. Someone put forward a baseless conspiracy for others to discuss and I disagreed. Why is that bad to do?

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I dont think all your posts are dangerous. Most are quite worthless. I am sure if you were to list em, I could point out some that are dangerous due to the potential for others believing incorrect and unsafe claims/comments.

But none of that has to do with this topic. Someone put forward a baseless conspiracy for others to discuss and I disagreed. Why is that bad to do?

You are right, you can put forth your opinon on topics in any discussion. At the same time others can put forth their opinions. The reason some on here don't like you is the dramatic, backhanded approach you use when you respond to their opinions. Then you get upset when people call you out like this. Maybe you should try a little diplomacy for a change.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Why doesn't this happen to State? In fact, after a review in the Mempho game they threw a flag. This is not something that would happen to most of the SEC teams in a non conference game.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I never said it was wrong to do. I merely pointed out the irony of you moaning about someone’s response to you.

Also, I’m on pins and needles to hear what posts were dangerous. I’ve never made any posts that were untrue. You may not agree with them because they destroy your worldview, but none were untrue or dangerous.

As far as “worthless”, I’ll gladly return your money if I can have mine back from reading your drivel. Thanks for reading my posts despite you finding them worthless. I really appreciate your patronage.***

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You are right, you can put forth your opinon on topics in any discussion. At the same time others can put forth their opinions. The reason some on here don't like you is the dramatic, backhanded approach you use when you respond to their opinions. Then you get upset when people call you out like this. Maybe you should try a little diplomacy for a change.

You want my advice? Don't get in a discussion with him if you have another view or anything that would begin any argument or debate. It'll save you a lot of time and certain irritation or abuse.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login