Not the way to start the game as a pitcher

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Once again we give up more runs than we do hits. Strand 13 runners and lose the game on a wild pitch.
Stranded 13

Lpx GIF by TeamLethal

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Left the bases loaded three times and Highfill can’t catch a cold running naked through Antarctica. It’s the name of the damn position. The CATCHER is supposed to CATCH the damn thing.

If we’re not going to throw out any runners at all this year then put Luke behind the dish, let Hines play his natural position and DH Highfill.
Hines is a 1B. Luke isn’t. Why we DH a first baseman and let a catcher play first I’ll never understand.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Left the bases loaded three times and Highfill can’t catch a cold running naked through Antarctica. It’s the name of the damn position. The CATCHER is supposed to CATCH the damn thing.

If we’re not going to throw out any runners at all this year then put Luke behind the dish, let Hines play his natural position and DH Highfill.
Hines is a 1B. Luke isn’t. Why we DH a first baseman and let a catcher play first I’ll never understand.

It seems we miss our 2nd round MLB draft pick catcher pretty badly. We currently have 2 guys who are 50% of what we need at catcher, but none who can do all we need defensively.

I do think the right move is to push forward with Highfill and hope he grows up over the course of the year. Not gonna be able to put a stronger arm on Hancock, but Highfill should become a better stopper with more reps. Its a microcosm of the plight we have with our young team. How fast they mature will determine how far we go.

Reactions: NukeDogg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login