Now if wifey would leave for a couple of days

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
semi OT. I'd love for the term wifey to be dropped from public consciousness for eternity. I cringe. It must be a me issue because I've seen dudes wearing shirts that say as much. I'm a little embarrassed that I typed it. Can't we all just agree to get back to "better half" or if she isn't that the "old battle axe" should suffice?

1704382266308.png

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
semi OT. I'd love for the term wifey to be dropped from public consciousness for eternity. I cringe. It must be a me issue because I've seen dudes wearing shirts that say as much. I'm a little embarrassed that I typed it. Can't we all just agree to get back to "better half" or if she isn't that the "old battle axe" should suffice?

View attachment 496168
The old ball and chain.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

View attachment 496168
Ol lady has really fallen out of usage - was pretty common 20-30 years ago, pretty rare to hear it in the wild these days.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

View attachment 496168
My last trip to Disney world I remember being shocked at the amount of men that will wear matching shirts with their entire family that say goofy Disney stuff. I don’t really consider myself one of these “by god I’m not wearing something” type people but….by god I’m not letting my wife pre determine my shirt on vacation, especially one with Peter Pan on it.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

View attachment 496168
Your wifey must’ve told you she didn’t like that term

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
My last trip to Disney world I remember being shocked at the amount of men that will wear matching shirts with their entire family that say goofy Disney stuff. I don’t really consider myself one of these “by god I’m not wearing something” type people but….by god I’m not letting my wife pre determine my shirt on vacation, especially one with Peter Pan on it.
I generally try not to bash other people's harmless hobbies, but grown-man Disney adults are so bizarre to me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_adult

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
You’re fine with paying all that money to go stand in line with a bunch of screaming children but you draw the line at tshirts? I guess every man has his limits.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

View attachment 496168
I like "My Bride" personally.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I've got a friend whose wife shops for him and essentially dresses him. It must be OK with him, but I prefer to choose what I buy and wear. He gets lots of pastel shirts ....

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I've got a friend whose wife shops for him and essentially dresses him. It must be OK with him, but I prefer to choose what I buy and wear. He gets lots of pastel shirts ....
My FIL is living the dream. He’s nearly 70. Hasn’t bought a piece of clothing for himself since he was 25, about 3 years after he was married. His clothes are laid out for him daily, never done a single load of laundry in his life. When they go on trips, his wife packs his suitcase for him, all toiletries, etc. He doesn’t understand how good he has it.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

View attachment 496168

Do you also object to the term "wife," or just "wifey?"

(Not much difference in those two terms . . . at least phonetically.)

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
My FIL is living the dream. He’s nearly 70. Hasn’t bought a piece of clothing for himself since he was 25, about 3 years after he was married. His clothes are laid out for him daily, never done a single load of laundry in his life. When they go on trips, his wife packs his suitcase for him, all toiletries, etc. He doesn’t understand how good he has it.
Yeah I would hate that. My wife tried that early on and I just wouldn't wear certain stuff she bought so eventually she got the picture of what I liked and didn't so she stopped doing that. My wife hates how I do the laundry so she usually does it to keep it how she wants it. (The plan is working there) she tried doing that suitcase stuff early on too but stuff was missing all the time that I needed or liked. I politely told her I can manage that myself as I had been doing for years. I was never a mommas boy and independent early on in life and never was that close to my mom. I tend to see more mommas boys that love that kind of thing where their wife acts like their mother.

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You’re fine with paying all that money to go stand in line with a bunch of screaming children but you draw the line at tshirts? I guess every man has his limits.
The kids aren't the problem. The adults are.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
My dad used to call my mom his current wife. BTW come April they will been have been married for 58 years

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
There is a lot of **** I do that I don’t like in the never ending crusade to keep my wife happy. I’m sure no one here can relate

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008

View attachment 496168
Sandwich Artist

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Regular fashion: my wife buys most of my stuff because I don’t care and I’m an engineer who would be lucky to match anything

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Do you also object to the term "wife," or just "wifey?"

(Not much difference in those two terms . . . at least phonetically.)
The y makes all the difference for me. I’ve heard otherwise masculine men use it and it gives me pause and no small amount of internal discomfort. Maybe it’s like my friend who can’t touch velvet…

Reactions: dog12

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019

View attachment 496168
Right there with you. That and “preggers”….cant 17n stand that

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If I’m forced to be around a bunch of screaming kids that aren’t mine, I’m at least going to do it in a shirt that does not have Prince Charming on it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
There's no more cringeworthy nicknames for wives/girlfriends than "momma" or husbands/boyfriends than "daddy".
When the old (or Ol or Ole) lady and I first got hitched, we probably had that same thought. After 30 years and three kids, I can't even remember her first name. It does get confusing when your wife and mom are in the same room though.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Must someone be offended by every word in the English language? We would only have 28 words if this keeps up. The "A" word, the "B" word, etc.

Is Hubby a bad word now too?

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
Must someone be offended by every word in the English language? We would only have 28 words if this keeps up. The "A" word, the "B" word, etc.

Is Hubby a bad word now too?
Yes. Hubby is dumb and sounds like the guy’s name down at the alternator shop who eats the grease under his fingernails.

Also on the dumbass scale is “DH, DD, DS” abbreviations for Dear Husband, Dear Daughter, etc.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login