Odds of WBB winning the National Championship....

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
I'm not liking the uneven play on offense. I have to go 40-60 against. I hope to be incorrect. I want Dawn to be one of the absolute best of all time. She needs to get on it.

Fowlmoodin99

Joined Oct 28, 1998
Jan 20, 2022
Congrats on the first sports centric thread on the new site! A trailblazer!

I'll go 70-30 for winning it simply because Staley is such a good coach, and can make the necessary adjustments. But, if she wants that level of praise, she's going to need her "Michael Roth" moment and find a solution.

USCrbCOCK

Joined Dec 7, 2006 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 19, 2022
Without knowing who’ll be in our bracket, I’ll go 65-35 in favor of the good girls!

Go Cocks!

Reactions: longspurs52

Garnetspur

Joined Jan 1, 2004
Jan 22, 2022
There is a good chance if they can get consistent perimeter shooting. Changed name from Garnet chicken.

Carolina Steve

Joined Sep 1, 2006 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
Like Garnetspur, I think our outside shooting will determine the depth of our tourney run. Sag on the Big girl, let Lele and Beal fire away from deep. then we become beatable. Hopefully Zia will find her shooting touch. Henny is a lifesaver ut she can't consistently play 40 a game and hold up.

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
King this is the pre season warm up round , come SEC tournament time & she trims down the rotation and turns up the heat on other folks.
no one will want to see them coming.
I promise

THEwinningera

Joined Nov 6, 2015
Jan 21, 2022
I take that to be in favor of our winning it. Hope you're correct. We present a lot of defensive challenges for teams but our offense has bothered me in too many games for me to be comfortable.
I think that LA being out for the last several games has negatively affected our offence. And also our defense.

Garnetspur

Joined Jan 1, 2004
Jan 22, 2022
I think that LA being out for the last several games has negatively affected our offence. And also our defense.
LA has only a couple decent games. In a forward position, she misses point blank lay ups and turns the ball over. She did OK running the point, when no one pressed her. They miss the KiKi type forward that can knock down 3's and make the short jumpers.

washington cock

Joined Feb 10, 2001 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 21, 2022
My guess would be 25-75%. IMO, there are no better teams out there than us, but you have to be hitting on all cylinders once the NCAA Tournament begins. Right now, we are hitting on 6 cylinders with a V-8 engine. Every team is having their ups and downs, just as we are. Once we get into the tournament, then it only takes one hiccup and we are out. It is extremely tough to get to the Final 4, but even much tougher to win it all.

Reactions: King Ward

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
LA has only a couple decent games. In a forward position, she misses point blank lay ups and turns the ball over. She did OK running the point, when no one pressed her. They miss the KiKi type forward that can knock down 3's and make the short jumpers.
& KiKi was a babe who also played solid D & could block shots & look great doing it.

• Love
Reactions: Lou219

Legendary Cock

Joined Aug 6, 2014
Jan 22, 2022
King this is the pre season warm up round , come SEC tournament time & she trims down the rotation and turns up the heat on other folks.
I promise
I've sort of been with King and a few others so far. Don't get me wrong. I am VERY impressed with this team's never say die attitude and the wins they've compiled against the toughest schedule in women's basketball outside of the WNBA. But there just seems to be that something missing so far.

Having said that, your post actually inspires some hope and confidence in me that Dawn and the gang will get it done. I needed that! 😁

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
I promise
Thanks for reassuring me.☺️
I've sort of been with King and a few others so far. Don't get me wrong. I am VERY impressed with this team's never say die attitude and the wins they've compiled against the toughest schedule in women's basketball outside of the WNBA. But there just seems to be that something missing so far.

Having said that, your post actually inspires some hope and confidence in me that Dawn and the gang will get it done. I needed that! 😁
At least you can talk about this over here without getting mauled - so far. The landscape we are leaving, not so much.😄

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Update: 55-45 in favor. If Gamecast can change the odds with each change in score or other permutation, then I can change odds as the season goes along. In fact, it's necessary.

Reactions: Lou219

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I'm not liking the uneven play on offense. I have to go 40-60 against. I hope to be incorrect. I want Dawn to be one of the absolute best of all time. She needs to get on it.
I'll go 50-50, but I really feel like the talent on this team should be about 80-20.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
30 -70 Bad Girls, whomever they are
If I saw another great team out there right now, say, as good as some of the recent teams that have won it - excluding Stanford - I would agree with you. We should have beaten Stanford. I see some dangerous teams out there - but no dominant teams. I think we have the best team.

LBGCOCK

Joined Feb 16, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
I take that to be in favor of our winning it. Hope you're correct. We present a lot of defensive challenges for teams but our offense has bothered me in too many games for me to be comfortable.
I agree King. Offense concerns me with this team as well. I’d say I’m at about 54-46 right now though. All the games against top quality teams will help this team greatly come tournament time. They will be tested and ready. The moment won’t be too big for them, but no doubt the offense definitely needs improvement.

Latest posts