Official 2024 PSU - Bowling Green game thread

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Did you see that haters? Be glad we played Bowling Green and not N. Illinois

BG came to play. Very smart team but got out-talented at the end. Allar’s INT was horrible - had a man open underneath but threw to the receiver with two guys on him. Disappointed our DT’s continue to be non-factors and you can already see what an injury to a starter at Lb is going to look like. Think this is a typical hangover game but will have the talking heads and ‘playoff is certain’ fans some cause for restraint. Still think a hallmark of Franklin teams is playing to the level of opponent (both better and worse) and that was the case today IMO.

SouthHalls410

Oct 27, 2021
That NIU Coach nearly had me in tears after the game. I’m one of the very few 1/2 Irish Catholic women who cannot stand ND!

Reactions: LB99

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Sorry if this was said before

Did anyone lose their feed to the game after halftime?

I watched the first quarter and then had to go out, and when I came back they were showing the Rutgers-Akron game on BTN.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Outside of the interception, which was a bad throw. The only other throw that wasn’t a solid read and pass was when he underthrew Wallace on the deep wall. He threw some great passes today, the TD to Singleton and a couple to Warren on third down that were clutch.
When the first option is not there, he looks lost. Like Hackenberg. Hopefully it improves.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I guess we will have to disagree on that because there were multiple times today where he looked to second and third options and completed the pass. Even Millen pointed that out.
But it’s Bowling Green. I’m looking at it as how it will look against the real teams.
I will say this. 2 games into his junior season he does not look like I hoped he would.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
But it’s Bowling Green. I’m looking at it as how it will look against the real teams.
I will say this. 2 games into his junior season he does not look like I hoped he would.
South Carolina looked like garbage last week against ODU, then came out and rolled Kentucky. Things change from week to week.

Reactions: Bison13

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
Bama down 3-0. Fire DeBoer! They suck! Imagine the selection committee on this one. Didn’t ‘look’ great for the first 5 minutes against USF. But then again they are a ‘media darling’.

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Sorry if this was said before

Did anyone lose their feed to the game after halftime?

I watched the first quarter and then had to go out, and when I came back they were showing the Rutgers-Akron game on BTN.
Couldn't get a root canal or colonoscopy on a Saturday?

• Haha
Reactions: step.eng69

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
South Carolina looked like garbage last week against ODU, then came out and rolled Kentucky. Things change from week to week.
Right. I’m not denying that.
Allar looked horrible against the two big boys last year. I’m hoping he will look better against the top teams this year. I’m not convinced that he will.

Oct 15, 2021
I guess we will have to disagree on that because there were multiple times today where he looked to second and third options and completed the pass. Even Millen pointed that out.
Only when he wasn’t under pressure. When blitzed and receivers were covered, he panicked …. Sometimes resulting in 20+ yd sacks.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
How many times did they talk last year about Washington only beating an awful Arizona St team by one score, Alabama struggling with South Florida, etc? Beating Bowling Green by 1 score vs 3 scores the second week of September will be meaningless come December. I can assure you that if we’re in the mix come December, the words “Bowling Green” won’t come out of anyone’s mouths when discussing us (unless they end up going 10-2 or something or win the MAC and it gives the win some bump in SOS).
Disagree. Are you saying style points don’t matter? Are you a go state beat blue hens guy? I can’t keep you all straight

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
So why aren’t you a head coach somewhere? You ‘analyze’ live while having time to post on a message board, and then tell us all how stupid we are for being happy that a team we support won a game?!?

some of your excellent analysis ‘our Oline has allowed more pressure than theirs’. And ‘crowd is disrupting the BG offense’. Look out Lombardi!!!
Some people are a legend in their own mind.

Reactions: Classof09

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Realistic question - what would it take from Franklin or this team to make many of you happy? If PSU won 63-0, would that be enough? Or is he still an idiot if Allar only throws for 100? Or they rush for 100? You guys aren’t happy unless you’re upset.
I don’t know…maybe not needing a TD with 4 mins left to ice a 34 point underdog at home?

You make a good point, but this isn’t the game to throw it out there.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Disagree. Are you saying style points don’t matter? Are you a go state beat blue hens guy? I can’t keep you all straight
Don’t really understand the second question…as to the first, style points will matter when it comes to games late in the season that are fresh in people’s minds, games against top teams (if you pour it on), losses (losing close is a lot better than getting blown out), etc. Would it have been great to win by 30 today? Sure. But winning by 7 doesn’t change anything for us come December.

We did what we had to do today, as ugly as it was from our perspective (can’t take away how well the BG offense played in the first half).

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Only when he wasn’t under pressure. When blitzed and receivers were covered, he panicked …. Sometimes resulting in 20+ yd sacks.
You’re right I forgot about those couple times he was pressured and then ran up in the pocket and made a nice throw to Evans, but he dropped it and another one that Allen should’ve caught. Oh, and also the couple first downs he ran for.

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
I don’t know…maybe not needing a TD with 4 mins left to ice a 34 point underdog at home?

You make a good point, but this isn’t the game to throw it out there.
But what is good enough? 24 point win? Defense that gives up 0 yards? Allar with 100% completion rate and a TD on every play? Not quite sure what the standard is. I always thought it was about the score at the end of the game. Some of us must be dumb to think that though.

Reactions: Bison13

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
You’re right I forgot about those couple times he was pressured and then ran up in the pocket and made a nice throw to Evans, but he dropped it and another one that Allen should’ve caught. Oh, and also the couple first downs he ran for.
And don’t forget the one he completes off his back foot with a guy in his face.

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
What the heck were you expecting? This season so far he's looked like the most talented QB we have had in a long, long time. The INT today was his worst throw of the season but he's had some absolute lasers that were balls on accurate (it's a technical term) into tight windows.