Official '24 PSU - USC game thread

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
This has been his Achilles heel his entire career. His defense usually is an afterthought to the offense. You saw it at Oklahoma and last year at SC. Now, they have an improved defense, but games are won and lost in the trenches. I listen to recruiting guys and they addressed the uphill battle that USC faces recruiting top DL players on the west coast. According to the recruiting experts, there is a big lack of talented DL players currently on the west coast. They will probably have to hit the portal in hopes of improving the DL. This was the talk last year after they collapsed down the stretch.

Clock management killed SC at the end of the game too.

Reactions: LB99

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
In the past 11 years, 7 coaches have won national championships. So does that mean that Franklin and the other 100+ coaches that haven't won are terrible and should all be fired?

There was so much criticism of Harbaugh with fans and media calling for him to be fired and then he won last year and the entire narrative changed. So would your opinion of Franklin change if he was to win one? Paterno one 2 in 46 years, and it took 17 for him to win his first. I guess he should have been let go long before 1982.

I don't have any problem with some legitimate criticism. My issues with a lot of people on this board are the ridiculous expectations, their knee jerk (over) reactions to practically every play, and their inability to appreciate the fact that we have a good football team that has been better than most other teams in the country for a long time.
When you pay a coach $85 million the expectations get big. The program has been very good more often than average. But it’s natural for fans to want to see progression from a program with PSU’s resources and stature.

Reactions: LionJim

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
When you pay a coach $85 million the expectations get big. The program has been very good more often than average. But it’s natural for fans to want to see progression from a program with PSU’s resources and stature.
I think that's the crux of the issue- some of our fans think that we are a top 5 program. We haven't been that for decades. Can CJF get us there in today's world? Who knows- and who knows who could?

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
Had almost zero issues with play calling and decision making yesterday (usually the case when we win :). I still don’t like Allar out as WR but they’ve been setting they up for five games and the payoff was today. Franklin deserves a lot of credit for having the team ready and playing a great game and making gutsy calls when he had to. I said it at the beginning of the season but he needs a raise (and will probably get it - soon).
He's only 12 - 15 on the highest paid list He'll get more $$ for sure. Where? Who knows.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
Look at the coaches higher paid than Franklin. He isn't in the top 10.

mmp121

Oct 8, 2021
Look at what MtNittany posted on page 7 at 6:02pm

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Who predicted 34-30 in the Official score prediction thread?

Next trip: GO STATE BEAT HUSKIES
And our next house crew will probably grow from 6 to mid teens. 5 out of 5 ricks vaca
The setting of the Washington stadium looks really nice. I hope to get there one day as well.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login