Official PSU - MSU Game Thread

HpyVly

Nov 2, 2021
If I get one freaking email asking for money for these clowns I’m going to lose it. Take it out of their paychecks u til they prove they can actually earn it.

Reactions: Paws057 and FTLPSU

LindLion

Oct 29, 2021
Speechless. Total collapse on the part of various players and coaches.

Something needs to change, for sure, if we're really going to compete consistently in this conference.
Bad end to a bad seasons and more of this coming next year

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Nice that we went away from the passing game against the worst pass defense in college football after getting back-to-back passing TDs in the first half.
And before the game Franklin even talked about trying to take advantage of that. But when the chips were down, the stuck to the ground game. A couple successful runs then they get tunnel vision.

Reactions: Paws057

DTownlion57

Nov 1, 2021
Again...it's partly due to talent.

I do not expect Singleton to "dance around back there" next year. Saquan didn't. Miles didn't. Journey didn't.

We just don't have the horses right now at RB. It is what it is.
Need a big upgrade in the interior O-line regardless how good he is

Waaaaaaaany

Oct 13, 2021
Good news for me!!!! most of the crappy bowl games are on ESPN and I don't get that channel

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
Actually 5 straight runs going back to the previous possession. Clifford is 16-23 against a bad pass defense. Hard to figure.
The passing game has all but disappeared lately.

ManxomeLion

Aug 24, 2017
I don't mind losing, it happens. But PSU seems to find ways to lose, and more importantly seems to have regressed through the season. Does anyone believe this team is better than when they played Wisconsin or Auburn?
If there's been improvement in the oline or running game its hard to see.

Last edited:

JoeBot409

Oct 26, 2021
Looks like the pinstripe. Franklin has come full circle on the bowl circuit. IMO the pinstripe is not worth $85 mil. If I’m Dotson and Brisker I’m skipping the bowl game.
They probably will, but with that logic they should have not played after Illinoi.

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
Five straight runs with the game on the line against the worst PD in the country.

And not one jet sweep….or quick toss…..or two backs in the backfield.

Junior high school teams have more creative game plans and play calling than this dumbass staff.

Ram20

Oct 25, 2021
Defensive and offensive lines were awful today. Play calling predictable and included at least 10 throw away downs. Offense manages 14 points against awful pass defense. Defense wasn't ready from the jump, awful special teams. Just a really well all round loss, coaches, players, everyone.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Nice that we went away from the passing game against the worst pass defense in college football after getting back-to-back passing TDs in the first half.

that is somewhat puzzling. MSU seemed to change their coverage, which may have accounted for some of the calls. Plus PSU did have success running, as Lee has several long carries in the 2nd half. It's just that in a few critical plays, (the 4th down where the DT blew up Miranda, and the 3rd & 1 where Lee fumbled), opting for runs over passes does seem questionable, especially after the fact where we know the results of the run attempts.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
On the bright side, nobody outside the fan bases of this game will notice how much we sucked. All attention will be given to OSU/UM and Auburn/Alabama. The playoff debate will be good this week.

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
I blame Franklin because I would have tried for the FG.

The play call was all Yurcich.

And I gotta tell you, I'm not impressed with our golden boy. The problem is, I don't feel like going through a 5th OC in 6 years.
Where’s Marshall23 and Bvillebaron to get up in your grill?

Last edited:
Reactions: Catch1lion
Oct 12, 2021
I like CJF, support him, and pull for the team like hell when I watch the games. Unfortunately, during CJF's tenure, notwithstanding 2016, PSU has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory so many times that I've come to expect it. Another very winnable game that will be a disappointing loss. PSU will finish the season 0-3 vs. tOSU, UM, and MSU. Those teams split with one another. PSU is the odd team out of that group and a middle of the pack Big Ten team. That's the reality.

84lion

Oct 7, 2021
The thing is he was running into a wall and had nowhere to go. You just have to hold onto the ball and go down.
Part of Penn State's tackling problem is that they always seem to be trying to strip the ball. But, MSU hit our ball carrier right in the gut - much better way to cause a fumble. Just bad fundamentals.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
MSU goes for it on 4th & 3, and PSU's D gets the stop. PSU takes over with 4:02 left, and down 10 points

Reactions: psu31trap

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
I don't mind losing, it happens. But PSU seems to find ways to lose, and more importantly seems to have regressed through the season. Does anyone this this team is better than when they played Wisconsin or Auburn.
If there's been improvement in the oline or running game its hard to see.
That's my problem, too. Why do we seem to regress every year instead of getting better?

Reactions: JoeBot409

JoeBot409

Oct 26, 2021
On the bright side, nobody outside the fan bases of this game will notice how much we sucked. All attention will be given to OSU/UM and Auburn/Alabama. The playoff debate will be good this week.
True, but we been irrelevant after Illinois

Schoolie

Oct 12, 2021
Pitiful play calling in second half. Just pitiful. I understand the conditions, but we can’t run and we choose to run and get stuffed and lose the ball. Worst offense I’ve seen in many years. Boo!