Official State at USC score prediction thread

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Watching some of the beat writers for PSU i am a little surprised so many are picking PSU. Not all but most.

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
What's the thinking here ... they're going to look past USC for ... Wisconsin?!? Wisky would be the week PSU would potentially in a lull ... the scenario being after they get over the USC hump with OSU looming the following week, in comes Wisky (well, we actually go there, but that's not the point) and PSU is not fully invested in that game. I don't think they'd be looking ahead 2 weeks/2 games ... that's not a thing.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that's just the level of squad USC is ... middling with some talent ... so they'll look better than they really are some weeks, and then they'll struggle and lose to some not great squads other weeks.
Looking ahead to OSU.

Train027

Nov 1, 2021
Penn State has the better team and should win but past failures in games like this gave Franklin his reputation as a recruiter not a gameday coach.

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
I think PSU wins but USC definitely has the advantage with FG kicking.
Their kicker used to kick for Minnesota. Decent leg, but they have to get into range. Most of their yardage came from our DL not engaging their OL and the OL tying up the backers. I don't know if they will have that level of success running because I don't see your backers being taken out of the play.

Flip side is our backs are good, but not true homerun backs. There were a couple of runs by Taylor that if he had just a little more speed, they could have been TDs instead of chunk gains.

BTW, are Penn State fans going to double dip since both of our teams will be in Southern California this weekend?

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login