OK so this bracketology stuff has me confused...

Aug 30, 2006
this
If you can't look at the FACTS and can't tell that Oregon St. was let into the tourney based off being the defending national champs, then God can't help you buddy. If that were any other team, you can bet your *** they would have been watching instead of playing in the tourney.
is purely your opinion. There are facts and details that lend support to your opinion, but it is still your opinion unless you were a member of the committee and heard the discussions. However, as I have said all along, IF this is true, I think it is BS just like I think it is BS that people think UF should be included due to the accomplishments of the teams from the previous 2 seasons.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
Maroon Eagle said:
Ole Miss is an inconsistent team that plays to the level of their competition. Case in point: the Rebels lost to the worst team in the conference twice.

But my point is, there won't be any bad teams in the NCAAT. The fact that play to their competition should make them a more desirable candidate for an at-large bid than someone who has proven to be mediocre by beating any bad team they play and losing to any good team that they play.

Like I said, I don't think either deserve to be in. They haven't played well enough to deserve a spot in the national championship tournament. However, 65 teams must get in. So, I think that the team that has proven they can beat tournament-quality teams should get in over the team that has proven it can't.</p>

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
[b said:
cutbaitdawg[/b]]..short of winning the SECT. do you think I am the only person who thinks that?

</p>I don't think they need to win, but they might need to get to the game on Sunday to be in.
The committee usually has made all their choices by early Sunday morning.

G

Goat Holder

Nobody said Florida should be included over someone else who DEFINITELY SHOULD be included. The reasoning is that if multiple teams have similar resumes, none of them have played head to head, then Florida should get the nod or tiebreaker. It's not all that difficult, but it went straight over your swelled up head.

Nobody said it's right, but I challenge you to find a better criteria to break the tiebreaker if all other things are similar.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login