Okay, Tommy Kelly just signed a 50 million dollar contract..

lawdawg02

Jan 23, 2007
he's coming off a torn ACL, and moving to a new position. "let's go ahead and make this guy the highest paid DT ever."

Hector.sixpack

May 1, 2006
I'm glad his career at MSU was stellar. /sarc

I don't get it- the NFL has several MSU alum with success and they did absolutely nothing at State:

Dockery, Kelly, Jenkins, Antonio Johnson

Aug 30, 2006
He was a pretty damn good cover corner for us his Jr & Sr year. He was not all world by any means, but he exceeded his 1* or 2* ranking coming out of high school. His Sr year he became a head hunter as well and started knocking the **** out of recievers that were several inches taller than him and outweighed him by a good bit as well.

OMlawdog

Feb 27, 2008
Dockery and Johnson were very good players for MSU their senior years.

Just because your team sucks doesn't mean you dont have a couple of players that are NFL caliber.

Hell, Vandy has three guys that will get drafted first day this year.

Aug 30, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________was pretty damn good at State. _________________________________________________
Once he got him some of these

oem

Feb 23, 2008
He's getting paid for what he's done in the pros.

Do you get paid now for what you do now or what you did in English class at MSU?

norman.sixpack

Jun 5, 2007
since his MNF into says Provine HS instead of State. He doesnt strike me as someone swelling up with maroon and white pride out there.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
Its all about timing and the bar for defensive linemen is going up every year. Did you agree with the Lions making Cory Redding the top paid D tackle last season? Had you ever heard of Cory Redding?

The Raiders must like something about him to give him $18 million +.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
Quote:_________________________________________________I hope he will donate some $$$ to State _________________________________________________

I hope you will, too.

Hector.sixpack

May 1, 2006
Okay, maybe these are totally weak arguments but,

Jenkins- wasn't he the one that made 1 spectacular catch per every 4 drops. I'm amazed he's on a practice squad.

Dockery- athletic, could hit, but all I remember his nickname "Toast". Was that someone else? Unfortunately there's not a stat for blown coverage. I'm proud he's doin well though.

Dockery's college career

Johnson- If I remember correctly he only started half of the games his senior year.

Tommy Kelly- obvious

Aug 30, 2006
was Odell Bradley, not Kevin Dockery. I'm sure Toast is probably in a food service type job now as well in comparison to Dockery. Furthermore, the link you provided is crap. For Dock's Fr, So, & Jr years, it shows him with zero tackles. Regardless of that, his SR year, he had 53 tackles, 9 passes defended, 1 sack, & 3 INTs. That is a pretty damn good season for a CB.

Jenkins did have drop problems before he got contacts. He had a pretty solid senior year though. *edit* In fact, I would kill to have a guy on the team this coming year with 4 100+ yard games & 9 receiving TDs.

CdawgNHouston

Sep 17, 2003
Kelly didn't start the game against Houston and Ron Dayne ran for a buck twenty two. They must have figured out what a key role Kelly was to run stopping.

/sarcasm

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
for someone who plays once every three plays.

If he played all the time, he could make $150 million. <Not serious>

hotdigitydog

May 21, 2007
incentives. We all know Tommy and his work ethic. My guess is he'll get 18 mil and no more.

What a p.o.s. .............

Spotdawg

Feb 15, 2007
You mean that a team and/or agent released a contract figure that gave the entire POSSIBLE contract money total? Holy ****!

I was called out last week for stating that was what happened on a regular basis. Trust me, unless you hear the announcer say "plus incentives"..... it means that incentives are built INTO the contract.

Oh and by the way, there ARE cities with income tax on personal income.....and some with specialized sports income tax for visiting teams.

My head is sore from running repeatedly into brick walls.

lawdawg02

Jan 23, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________and some with specialized sports income tax for visiting teams._________________________________________________

i think the issue is states that have state income tax vs. those that don't (as opposed to cities). for example, if you play in a tennis tournament in texas, and make money, there is no state income tax. if you're in mississippi, you have to pay both federal and state income tax on any money that you win/earn.

WillemWallace

Feb 20, 2008
So, because they raise the bar every year, a mediocre or below mediocre by NFL standards DT should be the highest paid DT in NFL history, even though his stats do not support the amount he's being paid?

And yes, I remember Redding when he played for Texas, and who here has said Redding deserves what he is getting paid?

Oh, and Redding wasn't coming off of a torn ACL when he signed his big deal.