On a Scale of 1-10 What Is Your Outlook of Our Football Program Under Leach

dannyripms

Sep 3, 2013
The answer should be between 6-8. I'll go with 8. I think we are headed in the right direction and in a couple of years these guys yelling for his heads are going to be begging he stays. He recruits just as good as Dan which isn't saying much but I think he's a better coach than Dan. This is the kind of system we need to be able to beat some of the blue bloods. And i firmly believe he will beat one in a couple of years.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
So 3 years isn’t enough time to have a system in place and up and running? God help us.

3 years isn't long enough for anybody to build a program. It's not really been 3 years either. That covid year is a wash. It's not like Kelly walking into a team that recruits 18 4 stars every year. Using our own history shows that it's not. JWS? How long to compete for the SECC? Mullen? It was how long before the 2014 season? Look at other teams. FSU under the current coach. Wake Forest coach. My God, Stoops at UK!

It's not like we did not compete for that game on the road. It took a lot of mistakes by us for them to win. I would say at this point, the next step is learning to win that type of game. Not letting the moment be so big we choke.

Me I'm a firm 8.5 with knowing what he faced upon arrival and stability brings up programs.... (see the above teams listed)

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I'm still on the fence. MSU is consistently proving that it does things two ways:

1) Does the "right thing" for the wrong reasons

2) Does the wrong things but manages to (*ahem*) "succeed" in spite of itself

In either case, it usually ends up not the way originally anticipated and usually not for the better

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
It’s not as good as it could be, but it could be worse. I give him a 5.01. It’s the same rating I gave Croom.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Dead on. Changing coaches won't do anything but set us back another 3-4 years. We are what we are based on our recruiting which is dictated by our boosters. Anyone that believes hiring a new coach will lead to a National Championship is simply delusional. Everyone should get behind Coach Leach and support our program and quit looking for safe spaces to cry in.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
I'm old--so I have a pretty good idea about MSU football--I suffered under Shira. I think we are as good under ML as we would be under any Coach. Dammit boys we are in the SEC West. I think ML will get us 7-8 wins a year and maybe if we can kick-- 9 wins. In our History this is who we are. Sure we might grab a Gorilla by the nut sack once in a blue moon and win 10. Going 4-4 in he SEC is pretty dam skippy. Take any team outside the SEC and throw their *** up in the WEST and they will lose at least Half --come on Texas and get you some.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
8-9

Playing head to head with the bammer's and georgia's, and lsu's has worked so well in the past. (Oh... I forgot we won the SEC in 1941)

So basically you are saying lets keep doing the same ole same ole and expecting better results is interesting....and that is what you are saying.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
10 for leach

4 for Rogers as in he can win against 4 non-conf teams

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Half the starters were out with COVID. Shut up, that tired viewpoint is plumb ridiculous and silly.
You keep saying this ****, but let's look at the facts.

Offense out with Covid:
Scoobie Ford - WR
Scott Lashley - RT

Which one of these guys would have been the difference maker? The 9th receiver or the guy many here described as a 'turnstile' and that you said wouldn't be missed?
https://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?233857-Senior-day%85&p=1992141#post1992141

Cross was out, but not because of Covid. He opted out for the draft.

Defense out with Covid:
Jalen Green - S
Shawn Preston - S
Jaden Crumedy - DL
Randy Charlton - DL
Jack Harris - DL

Emerson opted out for the draft and Brule transferred.

Texas Tech was also without their leading receiver (Erik Ezukamna) and their head coach.

You can make the argument that the defense was depleted, but that doesn't explain why the offense only scored 7 points. That's what is embarrassing. Texas Tech gave up 70 points to a bad Texas team. Even without a few starters, there should have been more than 7 points generated.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
3 years isn't long enough for anybody to build a program. It's not really been 3 years either. That covid year is a wash. It's not like Kelly walking into a team that recruits 18 4 stars every year. Using our own history shows that it's not. JWS? How long to compete for the SECC? Mullen? It was how long before the 2014 season? Look at other teams. FSU under the current coach. Wake Forest coach. My God, Stoops at UK!

It's not like we did not compete for that game on the road. It took a lot of mistakes by us for them to win. I would say at this point, the next step is learning to win that type of game. Not letting the moment be so big we choke.

Me I'm a firm 8.5 with knowing what he faced upon arrival and stability brings up programs.... (see the above teams listed)

We did not have spring practice and an abbreviated fall practice in 2020. We entered 2020 with a team that was a spread offense and to Air Raid basically overnight. If the players get a free year of eligibility for 2020, I am ok with Leach getting a pass as well. Unless we completely collapse this year, he is definitely safe this year.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login