On jeans page

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
While I hope that’s true, how does that work? How do you call up Jimmy Sexton and tell him you’re looking to can one of his clients and you’d like to talk to some of his other clients?
Not a problem. Sexton is out to make money and so are his clients. With each transition he doubles his money.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I hate to break it to you, but there's not much new under the sun. Defenses have seen pretty much everything there is to see offensively. Mullen wasn't doing anything a lot of other coaches weren't doing. Even Leach with the Air Raid was nothing new by the time he got to Mississippi State. You're not going to consistently out-innovate and trick SEC coaches for long. What matters is how well you recruit and execute what you do.
This is true. Since Leach came to State I've noticed other SEC teams running modified AR offense. Freeze was running it against us last Saturday which I thought was interesting. They had some short pass mesh plays and double receivers crossing on one side.

Good coaches adapt to what they see working. By going to modified AR your team is essentially preparing to play an AR team when they practice. Leach always stressed the importance of simplify and be the best at executing.

was21

May 29, 2007
If we beat Kentucky, Rosey will be back on the water totin'.

But now that things may be in motion, I kinda feel bad. Especially for Bumphis, Hughes, Knox, Mele and Turner. Of course I felt bad for Miller, Spurrier and Hollingshead last year too. Shlt I kinda feel for Barbay and Brock, they didn't really ask for this. And then again......same for Arnett, but I really don't like how he went about things.

I just think this stuff goes beyond football. I don't know exactly what level, but I'm just glad that we already had Jans and Purcell in place. I'm a little worried about what happens there in the future. We all know the instability in baseball. Not sure we have anybody here that will keep the inmates from running the asylum. We really do seem like a smaller Auburn athletics department (before Cohen got there).

Not everybody liked Cohen, I get it, and he wasn't perfect, but the one thing he did was keep everybody accountable in that place.
That's partly why Auburn hired Cohen...to keep tabs on Freezes' off field shenanigans.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Again, if you're going to just spout record with no further examination, I can't help you. That's the problem with our fanbase, we are all so 'surface level'. We're a small program/fanbase and we think we should be doing what bigger programs/fanbases are doing, with no deep dive into why things are truly happening.
Why did it take him 6 YEARS to get any better than 7-6, SIX seasons in that mighty American Athletic Conference? He can recruit in state and on states on either side of him and not even have to get on a plane.

Before his last 1 1/2 seasons he was 31-43 there. I don't know many if ANY schools that will accept these numbers after 6 seasons other than a Tulane, Vandy, UMASS type team especially against their competition. They finished 1st in their West conference w/ a 7-6 record for heavens sake playing the likes of Nichols St, USM, UAB, S AL, etc. Explain your "further examination" to us "surface level" fans. If we had been looking for a coach after 2021 there is absolutely NO WAY he would have been considered as a coach here or most anywhere else. He apprently feasts on a bunch of patsies and it took him over 6 years to do it.

1698758704175.png

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Not really. He even set the record straight by saying he does have somethings to report but is finalizing his words...
He's never been known to "finalize his words." He's always just run with stuff. If he knew something he'd be saying it. He's still bruised over absolutely clowning himself during the OC hire, so he's not talking now.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
In 18 we were #1, in 17 we were #10, in 11 we were #16, in 10 we were # 21. I didn't go back to Jackie's days but I am sure Joe Lee had a few
Yea #7 in the sec and #40 nationally isn’t anything special. Rodriguez from Kentucky ran for like 250 on him.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yea #7 in the sec and #40 nationally isn’t anything special. Rodriguez from Kentucky ran for like 250 on him.
Exactly. We have had worse obviously but he is not as good as some of our fans think. He is better than Peter Sirmon. He was never in my mind so good that I want him as head coach. He was a good DC for like 3 years or so ? Not special as most of us realize now

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Yep, AD is just hoping and praying at this point that Arnett beats UK and USM and doesn't get the doors blown off by Ole Miss.
You are such a 17’in moron. For anyone to judge Selmon on a coach he didn’t hire or to project his thoughts on an upcoming schedule’s results is idiotic. As though, Selmon isn’t aware of the implications of his career and the moves he makes regarding an SEC football program’s progression is simply baffling.
I'll try and be nice here, but takes like this are so ridiculous. You're only looking at record, with no consideration of the state of the program or how his tenure has really gone from a deeper angle, or for that matter his previous stops.

The only downside to Fritz is his age. Fact.
Or could his turnaround be attributed to a potential NFL QB the last two years? Let’s look at the Patriots head coach record pre and post Brady. Players make coaches 90% of the time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login