Once we lose to Western Michigan........

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
.......fire the clown show and get Tony Hughes to rally our true guys (Bumphis, Turner and a few others) like Cadillac last year. You know there is division in that clubhouse right now, and Tony will know who to keep. That can maybe salvage something of this God-forsaken season, maybe we might beat USM and Ole Miss.

Get on the phone with Malzahn now. We've got a good staff who mixes well with what you want to do. We've got a ready-made QB prospect in Parson who is ready to roll. He's at that perfect age at 57-58 where it's likely his last stop, similar to Leach if he hadn't died. We are closer to home.

Let's finally get this this right. It's the perfect MSU offense. Let's get him before Arkansas does.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
What makes you think you have a remote shot at beating Ole Miss based on the results from the first 3 weeks? Thats your maroon glasses on there brother.
The results of the last 30 + years show me that the results of the first 3 weeks of a season are rarely indicative of how that game in November will play out. I don't have to take my maroon glasses of to see that. Go ahead and pencil it in though.....

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Malzohn may not be a bad hire - but I think there may be a better, more splashy candidate out there, I just don’t know who it is right now.
That’s what Zac Slemon is paid big bucks to do and that is have a short list of potential candidates to go get - with the help of a big time search firm.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Same thing I saw that was pretty scary watching that first half. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team regress that much from Illinois in the bowl game to SELA first half.
Well weren't that great in bowl game either honestly. The offense struggled. Will has been off almost 8 games or so. His last few of 2022 were off. Maybe he knew something was wrong with leach? Their were rumors about his health last year all year. Maybe will is struggling mentally with loss of leach. And that's okay and understandable. Maybe he doesn't have the same love that he did. He's not even being accurate this year which was his strong suite. Obviously leach knew how to coach qbs and get the best of them for his system. I don't think Barbay is a qb whisperer. That's why I would higher Dan back in a heartbeat. He knew how to coach the qb position and develop qbs. The most important position on offense

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Well weren't that great in bowl game either honestly. The offense struggled. Will has been off almost 8 games or so. His last few of 2022 were off. Maybe he knew something was wrong with leach? Their were rumors about his health last year all year. Maybe will is struggling mentally with loss of leach. And that's okay and understandable. Maybe he doesn't have the same love that he did. He's not even being accurate this year which was his strong suite. Obviously leach knew how to coach qbs and get the best of them for his system. I don't think Barbay is a qb whisperer. That's why I would higher Dan back in a heartbeat. He knew how to coach the qb position and develop qbs. The most important position on offense
Illinois had the #2;ranked defense in the country last year.

If you compare our performance against Illinois to our play this year it is night and day. We went from a disciplined organized team to a hot mess.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
we havent gotten a ton of penalties.so pretty disciplined .Leach relied on quick short throws. Any longer throws we tried got will sacked or batted down. Because he couldn't extend the play if line didn't hold for 5 or longer. Arnett could help will out with more short route in the flats.to spread defense out. Line is having to push forward. Several of sacks will took yesterday he had time. He either missed the guy or they were covered and should have taken off but he's slow as molasses so it wouldn't have mattered. I think he is also struggling with reads and timing of this offense. 8 years in air raid will do that. He only knows one offense.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Same thing I saw that was pretty scary watching that first half. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team regress that much from Illinois in the bowl game to SELA first half.

I could spin the first two games to some extent. No possible way to spin yesterday. When I got mad and left we had 7 yards of offense and it was almost halftime.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Bring back Mullen or bring in Malzahn at least they know what offense they want to run and how to make it happen and get the most out of their qbs. I'm afraid msu need offensive guys at the head coach. Because even our defense has taken a set back with our old dc as head guy

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Get on the phone with Malzahn now. We've got a good staff who mixes well with what you want to do. We've got a ready-made QB prospect in Parson who is ready to roll. He's at that perfect age at 57-58 where it's likely his last stop, similar to Leach if he hadn't died. We are closer to home.

Let's finally get this this right. It's the perfect MSU offense. Let's get him before Arkansas does.
This is not half bad.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
we havent gotten a ton of penalties.so pretty disciplined .Leach relied on quick short throws. Any longer throws we tried got will sacked or batted down. Because he couldn't extend the play if line didn't hold for 5 or longer. Arnett could help will out with more short route in the flats.to spread defense out. Line is having to push forward. Several of sacks will took yesterday he had time. He either missed the guy or they were covered and should have taken off but he's slow as molasses so it wouldn't have mattered. I think he is also struggling with reads and timing of this offense. 8 years in air raid will do that. He only knows one offense.
Disciplined isn't just about penalties. It's about assignments, routes ran, staying in the pocket while the heat is on...etc.

Arnett does not call the defense.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Disciplined isn't just about penalties. It's about assignments, routes ran, staying in the pocket while the heat is on...etc.

Arnett does not call the defense.
That's more just on coaching and doing what you are supposed to and executing. That could be a lot on discipline snd being held accountable by your coach. It also might be about not knowing the assignment. I think will stays in the pocket too long or goes backwards rather than stepping up or around rush. We have a different center too I believe this year so that's not helping big adjustment

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Will has been off almost 8 games or so. His last few of 2022 were off.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing, the last few games of 2022, including UM and the bowl game, Will has really struggled. I think DCs have more tape on him and are better preparing their defenses to capitalize on him being one dimensional.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We were going loose to LSU no matter if we played our A game with Leach coaching. Arnett is a young first year HC in the toughest Conference in the land, and was woefully unprepared, experience wise, for the job that was thrust upon him.

This was his third game and first real test. He can still win 6 and that was the expectation. If he doesn't improve over the season then worry, but he'll likely get year two, no matter what, barring a complete implosion.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
People keep saying this but Croom lost to 17n Maine. Not saying we are good because we aren’t but let’s be honest we ain’t losing to Maine.
I agree it's not that bad. I said croomish because so far our performances have been lackluster even in the wins. It's not like Moorhead. Those were different issues.

Reactions: NTDawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I thought I got my fill of Widespread Panic when I saw them in Brandon back in May but then there’s football season…

first time GIF

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
Well weren't that great in bowl game either honestly. The offense struggled. Will has been off almost 8 games or so. His last few of 2022 were off. Maybe he knew something was wrong with leach? Their were rumors about his health last year all year. Maybe will is struggling mentally with loss of leach. And that's okay and understandable. Maybe he doesn't have the same love that he did. He's not even being accurate this year which was his strong suit. Obviously leach knew how to coach qbs and get the best of them for his system. I don't think Barbay is a qb whisperer. That's why I would higher Dan back in a heartbeat. He knew how to coach the qb position and develop qbs. The most important position on offense
Never Dan! Forget that. The guy lost at least three Egg Bowls because he checked out the last week of the season while talking to “higher up” schools. Let’s never forget that.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Never Dan! Forget that. The guy lost at least three Egg Bowls because he checked out the last week of the season while talking to “higher up” schools. Let’s never forget that.
Lol sorry your girlfriend left you for a better man. Jesus the butt hurt some of you have. Can't get over and realize he was the best thing to ever happen to msu football. As I sat here and watched msu guys making plays all day today on Sundays. Guys he recruited snd put in the league from his program. Without Dan, there is no Slay, Jones, Cox, Gay, Sweat, Dak, KJ Wright, gabe Jackson, McPhee, autry, Simmons. An a whole lot more. You guys would rather just suck. Three of our best years offensively ever were with Dan out of the 9 years he spent. And the defenses outside of two years were always really good

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lol sorry your girlfriend left you for a better man. Jesus the butt hurt some of you have. Can't get over and realize he was the best thing to ever happen to msu football. As I sat here and watched msu guys making plays all day today on Sundays. Guys he recruited snd put in the league from his program. Without Dan, there is no Slay, Jones, Cox, Gay, Sweat, Dak, KJ Wright, gabe Jackson, McPhee, autry, Simmons. An a whole lot more. You guys would rather just suck. Three of our best years offensively ever were with Dan out of the 9 years he spent. And the defenses outside of two years were always really good
Look at his username, says it all.

That said, retreads usually don’t have the same success they did in Round 1, although they usually do get one peak before falling off. I say call Gus rather than Danny. Danny is the backup plan.

Funny thing is that people say Danny wouldn’t recruit well in the new era. I actually think he would. I think he’s be great at finding portal players. Talent is talent and rather than traveling to see them, you know have the TV to give it to you.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023

That said, retreads usually don’t have the same success they did in Round 1, although they usually do get one peak before falling off. I say call Gus rather than Danny. Danny is the backup plan.

Funny thing is that people say Danny wouldn’t recruit well in the new era. I actually think he would. I think he’s be great at finding portal players. Talent is talent and rather than traveling to see them, you know have the TV to give it to you.
I think Dan is a good coach, and as young as he is I would bet he coaches again, but I don’t think he will ever return to MSU.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

I would rather have either than what we hsve now. I was cautionary back in December when we promoted CZA. He said the right things but through three games im not convinced he is ready for this level at head coach. This league has been the best of the best. It's not training wheels anymore. People are hiring really good experienced coaches. Ones who aren't are struggling.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
To add "higher up" schools. Why is that in quotation marks? He spent 9 years in Starkville and never made the sec championship in a golden age of the sec dominance, he made it immediately at Florida. Msu outside of Dan's tenure has finished in the top half of the sec how many times? We aren't a higher up school but he got us in the conversation to compete there. Only two coaches had got us there in the past McKeen and Jackie. 40s was a different era. So was 98. The sec had been extremely dominant on the national level 2008 til now. So Dan had us 9 wins or better 3 times in his tenure. 6 or above including bowl games every year but the first. Really only three coaches have gotten is national notierity for being good in their tenure Jackie Mullen snd Leach. I could be having a conversation with some random in California and they were like yeah msu is a good football program with that coach. Leach they talked more about how eccentric he was and how good he was at tech and wazzu. I think he might have gotten that here hsd he lived. Never know. But the butt hurt over Dan is just stupid to me. Msu is not a high program in football outside of a very few years. If you had no ties to msu you would do the same. 9 years is a long time to coach anywhere even if it were an alma mater. Even our alumni ads went elsewhere.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Annett and his new coaching staff are the immediate problem but they is absolutely no danger them being replaced in the next few years even though that’s the right thing to do. Selmon does not care whether we win or not. If he did Lemonis wouldn’t still be here.

As long as Selmon is the AD, coaches don’t have to worry about winning to keep their high-paying jobs. If we are ever to have winning teams we’ll need to hire an AD that *wants* to win. That’s not what we have now.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
.......fire the clown show and get Tony Hughes to rally our true guys (Bumphis, Turner and a few others) like Cadillac last year. You know there is division in that clubhouse right now, and Tony will know who to keep. That can maybe salvage something of this God-forsaken season, maybe we might beat USM and Ole Miss.

Malzahn? Gross. If we’re going the retread route like that, might as well just bring Mullen back. At least we know he can elevate and develop QB’s.

To be clear, I’m absolutely not in favor of either of those options. But a dude who only averaged 8-4 at a program like Auburn isn’t going to do crap for us with all of our disadvantages compared to them.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022

If we continue the same trajectory, USM will be a very tough out and Ole Miss will slaughter us.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Annett and his new coaching staff are the immediate problem but they is absolutely no danger them being replaced in the next few years even though that’s the right thing to do. Selmon does not care whether we win or not. If he did Lemonis wouldn’t still be here.

As long as Selmon is the AD, coaches don’t have to worry about winning to keep their high-paying jobs. If we are ever to have winning teams we’ll need to hire an AD that *wants* to win. That’s not what we have now.
The difference here is lemonis had a cws under his belt. Arnett hsnt won anything to be owed anything yet

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login