Once we lose to Western Michigan........

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Malzahn? Gross. If we’re going the retread route like that, might as well just bring Mullen back. At least we know he can elevate and develop QB’s.

To be clear, I’m absolutely not in favor of either of those options. But a dude who only averaged 8-4 at a program like Auburn isn’t going to do crap for us with all of our disadvantages compared to them.
Not that simple. I am pretty familiar with his situation at Auburn. First, he elevated a 3-9 team to the national title game (and should have won, but I admit they had some lucky games during the season). Secondly, he unfortunately gave in to the boosters there who told him to recruit, which took away from his offensive system. And even with all that division, they still managed to have some dang good teams. Malzahn was not Auburn's problem in the least. Look how they have fared since then.

The guy can coach. And he's been around long enough now that he knows how the world works. Look what he's doing at UCF. Unfortunately Plumlee got hurt this past week.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Bring back Mullen or bring in Malzahn at least they know what offense they want to run and how to make it happen and get the most out of their qbs. I'm afraid msu need offensive guys at the head coach. Because even our defense has taken a set back with our old dc as head guy
why bring those two in as coaches when they both like running QBS with Will not fitting that QB role they like to use, plus one screwed us over and the others best days are behind him that’s why one is at UCF and the other is holding a mic.

Reactions: knock him out john

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
.......fire the clown show and get Tony Hughes to rally our true guys (Bumphis, Turner and a few others) like Cadillac last year. You know there is division in that clubhouse right now, and Tony will know who to keep. That can maybe salvage something of this God-forsaken season, maybe we might beat USM and Ole Miss.

Get on the phone with Malzahn now. We've got a good staff who mixes well with what you want to do. We've got a ready-made QB prospect in Parson who is ready to roll. He's at that perfect age at 57-58 where it's likely his last stop, similar to Leach if he hadn't died. We are closer to home.

Let's finally get this this right. It's the perfect MSU offense. Let's get him before Arkansas does.
I’ll give you 3 to 1 western Michigan doesn’t beat us.

$150

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The results of the last 30 + years show me that the results of the first 3 weeks of a season are rarely indicative of how that game in November will play out. I don't have to take my maroon glasses of to see that. Go ahead and pencil it in though.....
That and the results of my 41 years on this earth are
IT IS NEVER AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS
IT IS NEVER AS BAD AS IT SEEMS

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
why bring those two in as coaches when they both like running QBS with Will not fitting that QB role they like to use, plus one screwed us over and the others best days are behind him that’s why one is at UCF and the other is holding a mic.
Will is gone next year, dude, along with like half our team (entire OL and DL and many others). Can you not read? We are talking about what we do after this year.

This is again what makes Arnett's decisions so damn dumb.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Will needs to move on at the end of this year. Outside of leach he is not a good qb. They are both proven commodities that can recruit and develop players in our footprint and both produce dynamic qbs. Both of their offenses have put up better total yards and points per game than leach did at state

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Will is gone next year, dude, along with like half our team (entire OL and DL and many others). Can you not read? We are talking about what we do after this year.

Not to mention. Nobody is using qbs that can't run some. Defenses are too fast to have statues for qbs. Nobody runs screens to flats almost every play for their qb like leach either

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

The question I have for the Will fans. He was record setting qb. Why were nfl teams and mock draft guys not putting him in the top 10 of qbs last year and not trying to get him to go pro. If he's so good and the record setter that he is, why are people not begging for him in the pros. Why are guys like young, Richardson, hooker, Clifford, stroud, Levis, Dugan all get drafted but Will was not even mentioned? He was eligible. Nobody is putting him on the mock draft for this year either. Why is that? Because he's a leach system qb, limited arm, and stands like a statue or falls down. NFL GMs are thinking disaster. I really wish we could have gotten an OC faster in the modern air raid and gotten a qb with an canon and legs. Ole miss has at least three on their roster

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Malzahn? Gross. If we’re going the retread route like that, might as well just bring Mullen back. At least we know he can elevate and develop QB’s.

To be clear, I’m absolutely not in favor of either of those options. But a dude who only averaged 8-4 at a program like Auburn isn’t going to do crap for us with all of our disadvantages compared to them.
This.
If Gus Bus rolls into Starkville, I'm all in on high school sports. The Mullen re-tread talk is desperate, but aaanother system guy who CANNOT coach quarterbacks is asinine.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Malzahn would not be my first choice but he’d be about 1 million times better than the sh** show we are seeing out there.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Will needs to move on at the end of this year. Outside of leach he is not a good qb. They are both proven commodities that can recruit and develop players in our footprint and both produce dynamic qbs. Both of their offenses have put up better total yards and points per game than leach did at state
I agree regarding Will. Why bring back a coach that about 90% wanted to cut his marbles off, bitched cause he couldn’t beat ole ms and was looking for a new job instead of coaching for at least 2 years. Regarding Malzahn, he’s done, won’t add anything to this program, he’s where he belongs at UCF.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This.
If Gus Bus rolls into Starkville, I'm all in on high school sports. The Mullen re-tread talk is desperate, but aaanother system guy who CANNOT coach quarterbacks is asinine.
Name list of good head coaches who are good with qbs? Name a good list of head coaches that are good with offense and know for having good offense.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
This.

I’m not saying Gus is perfect but the guy has never been sub .500 as a head coach. His worst team at Auburn still went 7-6 and he’s done well at Arkansas State and UCF too.

We could do A LOT worse.

Reactions: blitz2Win

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Name list of good head coaches who are good with qbs? Name a good list of head coaches that are good with offense and know for having good offense.
Hollingshead. He was MSU QB coach in 2021. He's now an OC at Western Kentucky. They put up 100ish more yards against Ohio State this weekend then we did vs LSU.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login