One of Yesterday's Game Balls Has to go

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Sam Pittman. Thank you for playing number 10 so much in the first half, thank you for not getting number 4 on the edge more and thank you for not blitzing.
It was like they prepared for Mississippi State 2020. The 2022 version will make you pay for dropping 8.

LSU had the best strategy- blitz 4 or 5 from different angles at at different time.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
I wondered if the whole drop 8 only works if we can’t run it effectively. If you look back to early leach when we lost to fla/ky the overriding game plan for everyone was to drop 8, and we were handicapped. I wonder that because of the leach track record of improvement is what it is because of oline play trajectory. Rogers looks at the front and makes the play call. Once they can’t stop it and move extra guys up to the box, we hit them downfield. Pick your poison I suppose.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Both coaches made some bonehead decisions, the way Leach closed out the first half could have come back to bite us.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I don't feel like they'd have gotten much better results with more Hornsby. He has the potential for the electric play but also equally likely for something disastrous. He gashed us a few times but for the most part we contained way better than we did against LSU.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I wondered if the whole drop 8 only works if we can’t run it effectively. If you look back to early leach when we lost to fla/ky the overriding game plan for everyone was to drop 8, and we were handicapped. I wonder that because of the leach track record of improvement is what it is because of oline play trajectory. Rogers looks at the front and makes the play call. Once they can’t stop it and move extra guys up to the box, we hit them downfield. Pick your poison I suppose.
Line play, running back play and buy in, play calling, and read by qb. All of that was not there. Leach has had to do some adjusting too in three years.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Sam Pittman. Thank you for playing number 10 so much in the first half, thank you for not getting number 4 on the edge more and thank you for not blitzing.
He made a mistake in starting Fortin. But Fortin came back in for a couple of series because Hornsby got his bell rung fairly early on. And that affected him when he did come back because he didn't run as much.

Hornsby is definitely explosive. He's got a chance to be a good QB.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He made a mistake in starting Fortin. But Fortin came back in for a couple of series because Hornsby got his bell rung fairly early on. And that affected him when he did come back because he didn't run as much.

Hornsby is definitely explosive. He's got a chance to be a good QB.
Bruce Hornsby (and the Range) would be a stud under Merlinz.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login