Opening Day 2023 Game Thread

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
3 errors in 5 innings
Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News
Plus 3 more close calls that didn’t get scored as errors. Hancock threw one into center field in the 1st trying to get a runner, Larry dropped a pick off throw that allowed the runner to get to 3rd, then Hines just hurled one into the outfield trying to go to 2nd

• Sad
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I like the looks and mound presence of Yntema, but our defense did him no favors whatsoever. Plus, VMI got a lucky texas leaguer in just the right spot. I think he'll be good down the road. Didn't know much about him, but like the potential I see.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Wow, two really low pitches called strikes on Jordan. That strikeout wasn’t on him

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wow, two really low pitches called strikes on Jordan. That strikeout wasn’t on him
I'm reading not watching yet but I can't stand a non-hittable pitch called strike. And least call something they have a chance to hit. I don't believe in a unhittable pitch that's a strike.
Girls won over #10 Arizona.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I'm reading not watching yet but I can't stand a non-hittable pitch called strike. And least call something they have a chance to hit. I don't believe in a unhittable pitch that's a strike.
Girls won over #10 Arizona.
Yeah, I didn’t see a replay of the 2nd strike, but the 3rd one was a curve ball that started at the knees and crossed the plate 4-5 inches below.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Mizzou goes down to OKST. UGA falls to Jax State. KY defaults to ELoan. Vandy currently behind the Horney Toads. Everybody else in the SEC seems to be doing ok. PAC12 after dark has a nice matchup in UT @ AZ.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Double Dawg

Mar 3, 2008
Since Cohen is gone can we get rid of the artificial turf home plate?
I’ve been wondering the same thing. One of, if not THE, best turfgrass programs in the country & we have that **** on our field?! Am I wrong in remembering that somebody said it took too much work to keep up the real grass? Really??!!

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
We won. I have a feeling that there were a hell of a lot of nerves on the field as the game got under way. The batters struggled a bit at first, but they did their job. They will get better as the season progressed. Fielding will be better. Alford is a good defensive third baseman and Lane is money.

Pitchers looked good. Some of the guys who got knocked around at our scrimmages, went one, two, three in this game.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
So I can see the game on my phone but when I try to log in on my laptop it says I am not authorized to view this content? Any suggestions?
You actually login in with two accounts with ESPN+. On my Roku I had to sign out of both my ESPN and TV Provider account and then login to both to get the game to play.

Reactions: onewoof

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Impressed with some of the new guys. I will give some games before I make a final decision on them. I have seen Kellum Clark enough and he just kills himself standing so close to the plate. The outside pitches he can get the barrel on but any thing on the inner half he just jams himself. Too bad he got a hit on one of those. He will not reach his potential standing there.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Impressed with some of the new guys. I will give some games before I make a final decision on them. I have seen Kellum Clark enough and he just kills himself standing so close to the plate. The outside pitches he can get the barrel on but any thing on the inner half he just jams himself. Too bad he got a hit on one of those. He will not reach his potential standing there.

How does a hitting coach not see this and get it corrected? I don't know **** about hitting, but this is obvious to even me.

I've made a very quick final decision on Larry. He good...

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Had a wise coach tell me - Any hitter that can't realize they've got basically 6 feet of reach with a bat to cover a 17 inch plate, isn't a a very smart hitter.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’ve noticed that too. I assume he does to try and force people to pitch him outside, which probably worked in high school. Will not work against better pitchers.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We've got a ton of options to swing the bat in the outfield this year. If someone isn't getting it done, someone else will.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login