OT: Another Jackson MS crime story

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Anything inside the city limits days are numbered. 20 years from now, Eastover won't be anything like what it is now.

I think you may still have some holdouts in socially conscious Belhaven and Fondren. The real money and power players are in Eastover, it is one of the wealthiest residential neighborhoods in the state. Private security is certainly no big deal for them, but they still have to get to and from the neighborhood and they are held hostage by poor city services. Most of those kids go to JA and Prep, both in close proximity, so they may keep people in Eastover. I have a close family member who lives behind JA, I wouldn't do it, but some of those folks are fanatical about living there.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I live outside of New Orleans. The crime has always sucked in New Orleans. But it's gotten way worse and spilling out in to the suburbs. Theft all the time. Talk with a guy this weekend that had a gun pulled on him on 10 in Metairie.
Just brazen crime.

Palos verdes

Aug 22, 2012
Do you think folks will start abandoning the Eastover area? Unlike Belhaven/Fondren, Eastover has probably more of a republican lean and more money; therefore, possibly making it more likely those residents may leave for a safer area. Proximity to River Hills is likely important to many Eastover folks, I wonder if a high-end club like that will get built in the burbs?

Patdog is right, but Eastover will holdout longer than any other neighborhood in NE Jackson. But it won't survive as it is today. They've already had a murder and a carjacking in the last 5-10 years. There are other things we didn’t hear about too.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Patdog is right, but Eastover will holdout longer than any other neighborhood in NE Jackson. But it won't survive as it is today. They've already had a murder and a carjacking in the last 5-10 years. There are other things we didn’t hear about too.

I remember when those two idiots tried to rob/kidnap/likely kill Dr. Goldberg (and had bad intentions for his wife), but they didn't check the backseat of his truck for guns...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login