OT: Anybody done a multi-day rafting trip down the Colorado River?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
You should do it.

Not the Colorado, but I live about 35 miles from Salmon and Snake Rivers. I'm taking my oldest on a 3 day 2 night trip this summer on the lower Salmon. May try the Snake next summer through Hells Canyon.

When my youngest is big enough in a few years we are all going on the The River of No Return (Middle Fork of the Salmon) for a 7 day trip. It's supposed to be the best river trip in the world at around 100 miles of solid whitewater and almost completely contained in the largest undeveloped wilderness area in the lower 48. I'm 17ing geeked about that one.

https://www.whitewaterguidebook.com/idaho/middle-fork-salmon-river/

Last edited:

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I did a single day trip in the late 80s when me and my dad went to the Grand Canyon. I think we were around Flagstaff. I just barely met the parameters of being big enough to do it. "Just hang on" was about the only instruction I got. Scared the ever-livin' sheet out of me. Looking back at it, I had no business doing it.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
I did a 3 day overnight trip on the Current River in Missouri. It was great fun! Lots of class 2 and low class 3 rapids. I'm sure the Colorado will be much more exciting.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login