OT: Anybody know this guy? Sad story for his wife.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I don’t know the guy or his wife. He definitely seems like a slime ball. Sounds like the wife is willingly hanging around him. She needs to take some personal responsibility here.
Last comment on Kingfish implies that she set him up to violate the no contact order, and says she is now liquidating assets while he sits in jail, and is seeing his gym buddy, who is a RCSO.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I don’t know the guy or his wife. He definitely seems like a slime ball. Sounds like the wife is willingly hanging around him. She needs to take some personal responsibility here.
One comment I read was the he had a no contact order with her, the order does not apply to her contacting him. No idea it that is correct, but that is supposedly why she is facing no charges in violating the order.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

tired

Sep 16, 2013
One comment I read was the he had a no contact order with her, the order does not apply to her contacting him. No idea it that is correct, but that is supposedly why she is facing no charges in violating the order.
I thought it was pretty standard that neither party could come in contact with the other.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I thought it was pretty standard that neither party could come in contact with the other.
By no means take what i posted as what is legal. Just what i read, likely posted by someone who knows as little as me.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Last comment on Kingfish implies that she set him up to violate the no contact order, and says she is now liquidating assets while he sits in jail, and is seeing his gym buddy, who is a RCSO.
That would be pretty funny. I hope it’s true

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
No, only the party that actually has the order filed against them will face consequences for violating it. Now, any sane judge should recognize that she violated the spirit of the order.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It seems that when women fall into these kinds of relationships that they are so beaten down (mentally and physically) that is is easy for the perp to reel them back in and manipulate them pre-trial. I think that the court stepping in and forcing the separation may be her only hope of getting away. It's weird to me how these manipulative men get their hooks into women like this.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

"Rankin County Court Judge David Morrow set Mardis's bond at $750,000 and ordered him to have no contact whatsoever with his wife"

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I don't know either party, but do know people who know Todd. They say he is "all hat and no cattle." He lives a baller lifestyle without a bunch of resources to back it up. I've read he has been sued more than once and filed bankruptcy. It is widely reported he has a private plane, but that is not true according to my sources.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
It seems that when women fall into these kinds of relationships that they are so beaten down (mentally and physically) that is is easy for the perp to reel them back in and manipulate them pre-trial. I think that the court stepping in and forcing the separation may be her only hope of getting away. It's weird to me how these manipulative men get their hooks into women like this.
You give way too much benefit of the doubt. Never underestimate the power of crazy P

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I don't know either party, but do know people who know Todd. They say he is "all hat and no cattle." He lives a baller lifestyle without a bunch of resources to back it up. I've read he has been sued more than once and filed bankruptcy. It is widely reported he has a private plane, but that is not true according to my sources.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
it’s very weird. I don’t understand why either side does it, the woman beater or the beaten woman that keeps returning to the same dude. Sad.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
She will not face charges but if the person with the order is approached, usually a judge isn't going to hammer them. In this case, where he allegedly really beat the **** out of her, even voluntarily meeting her for dinner is probably going to get him popped pretty hard.

I do think she should be in jail for stupidity and if she has kids, she should lose custody, but there's no actual law against stupidity and while there is a law for her to lose custody and a reasonable argument that she is unfit, nobody is probably going to push for that result.

Now if she really intentionally set him up, that's a different story.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I don't have much for people who beat up anybody really, but women, in particular. Hope that isn't sexist...

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2023/04/mardis-back-in-jail.html

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/search?q=mardis
My wife and I were staying at a hotel on the beach in Florida during one of our vacations. We were awakened by the couple in the next room where the woman was screaming, "You are killing me, please stop!" She was bouncing off the wall and we could hear him striking her. I went and banged on the door. He answered and asked what I wanted. I told him I wanted his girlfriend to leave the room which she did. She went to her car and started it and sat in the parking lot. He stood out on the balcony shouting profanity at her. I asked my wife why isn't she leaving. He finally went back in his room and we were able to go to sleep. When we got up the next morning she was back in the room with him. I'll never understand how that works.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Unfortunately, this is the case way too many times, but we need to find out that exactly what happened. We should know if there's any truth to his accusation that she set him so she could liquidating his assets. I seriously doubt it's true but it needs to be checked out anyway especially if she helped him break his no contact order. Why wouldn't they freeze their assets until the case was heard? I really don't know, I'm not a lawyer.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My wife and I were staying at a hotel on the beach in Florida during one of our vacations. We were awakened by the couple in the next room where the woman was screaming, "You are killing me, please stop!" She was bouncing off the wall and we could hear him striking her. I went and banged on the door. He answered and asked what I wanted. I told him I wanted his girlfriend to leave the room which she did. She went to her car and started it and sat in the parking lot. He stood out on the balcony shouting profanity at her. I asked my wife why isn't she leaving. He finally went back in his room and we were able to go to sleep. When we got up the next morning she was back in the room with him. I'll never understand how that works.
They usually have broken the person and beaten them psychologically to the point where they think they deserve this, its their fault they were beaten, and can't do anything by themselves.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Nothing to see here according to some. They say everybody deserves second chances. See Chris Beard :oops::oops::oops:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Unfortunately, this is the case way too many times, but we need to find out that exactly what happened. We should know if there's any truth to his accusation that she set him so she could liquidating his assets. I seriously doubt it's true but it needs to be checked out anyway especially if she helped him break his no contact order. Why wouldn't they freeze their assets until the case was heard? I really don't know, I'm not a lawyer.
If someone did the below to me, I'd be looking to pay them back:

"The Flowood detective stated her injuries were:

1. Fractured right ankle

2. Fractured left cheekbone

3. Lacerated liver

4. Broken ribs (#10 and #11)

5. Strangulation marks on her neck

6. Missing hair on her head

7. Extensive bruising on her left arm and stomach.

The victim was hospitalized at St. Dominic Hospital but her injuries required her to be transferred to UMMC. Mardis flew the next morning to Tampa on his private jet on a business trip..."

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If someone did the below to me, I'd be looking to pay them back:

"The Flowood detective stated her injuries were:

1. Fractured right ankle

2. Fractured left cheekbone

3. Lacerated liver

4. Broken ribs (#10 and #11)

5. Strangulation marks on her neck

6. Missing hair on her head

7. Extensive bruising on her left arm and stomach.

The victim was hospitalized at St. Dominic Hospital but her injuries required her to be transferred to UMMC. Mardis flew the next morning to Tampa on his private jet on a business trip..."
Sure you would you still have to do things legally and she probably would've gotten it all anyway. You want to put him in jail for a long time don't you?

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I do not know the guy personally, but I have been at a couple of events he attended. From my recollection he wasn't someone I thought i would want to be friends with. I know several people who know him and the few I have asked about the situation haven't really jumped to his defense or tried to explain it away. To me though it doesn't matter, because the moment he laid a hand on her is the moment he needed to be put down like a rabid dog.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I know the guy through my roid head brother, yes the devil has family. But seriously Todd is a huge POS. It took me about five minutes after meeting him to figure it out plus he was fishing for money from my family business in the form on an investment. I knew exactly a second after meeting him that I needed to let this moron go out down the road. Have not spoken to the man or seen him since. I hope they bring the full weight of the justice system down on him given his wife beating ways and really just being a POS in general.

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
His actions on her shoulda been attempted murder with no bail due to the severity of the injuries IMO. 5 years minimum. He had no bidness being outta the slammer IMO. Judges have the authority to revoke bail. I'm no attorney but I've watched plenty of "Law and Order".

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I was gonna say. Beating/hitting a woman is terrible in most all cases but damn she is at fault here too if she went to eat with him willingly.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I was gonna say. Beating/hitting a woman is terrible in most all cases but damn she is at fault here too if she went to eat with him willingly.
Read the article, she didn't just williningly go eat with, she begged the judge to let him out.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login