OT - Arch in Texas' Spring game

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
All we've heard for the last few years is that Arch was the highest rated HS QB prospect ever. Although I didn't watch their spring game, several analysts have come out and said he was bad, and not even the second best QB on the roster. This will be an interesting watch, no one expected him to start this year, but if he's the number 2 QB going into year two, things could get dicy. They spent of ton of money recruiting him and he likely has a big NIL deal, now money means nothing to the longhorns, but will they take the PR hit of having the best prospect ever transfer or ride the pine?

HotMop

May 8, 2006
All we've heard for the last few years is that Arch was the highest rated HS QB prospect ever. Although I didn't watch their spring game, several analysts have come out and said he was bad, and not even the second best QB on the roster. This will be an interesting watch, no one expected him to start this year, but if he's the number 2 QB going into year two, things could get dicy. They spent of ton of money recruiting him and he likely has a big NIL deal, now money means nothing to the longhorns, but will they take the PR hit of having the best prospect ever transfer or ride the pine?

Reactions: #ShowOff

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He is still technically a Senior in High School. He also has some really good QB blood in him and I am pretty sure he will get a lot of extra coaching. Personally, I hope he fails. However his name and family, they will not let that happen. He probably should have carried his happy *** to Bama and won a Heisman. It's not happening at Texas. He went with money.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
He’ll be fine. The interesting thing to watch willl be the egos that are paying his NIL. How patient will they be and how will that NIL money be received in the locker room.
I’ve always said NIL $$ will eventually cause problems in the locker room and will translate onto the field.
It’s one thing to have a multi-multi millionaire QB in the NFL when the OL and and receivers are getting paid very well.
It’s another when a prima donna QB or RB on a college team is getting a lot of NIL money and the RG is getting 0 or the backup WR is getting 0
I don’t know, I just think the NIL and multiple transfers within the “portal” is bad for college football.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Not sure he has spent much time being pursued by the D line.
Right now, he just looks like... One of the Boys.
No longer than he has been on Campus, he looks ok.
The only reason people are ripping him is because of his name. He looked like a talented kid who should still be in HS playing behind a bad OL to me

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
He’ll be fine. The interesting thing to watch willl be the egos that are paying his NIL. How patient will they be and how will that NIL money be received in the locker room.
And the Manning family has so much money, they could fund the lives of all future Mannings full time.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I have never seen or heard as much certainty about the quality or shittinest of players just from watching YouTube videos and attending spring games all my years as a football fan. There are several posters on this board in the wrong profession, and you should be sending resumes to ESPN as quickly as possible

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Man, I heard all the talk on Twitter about this and was expecting it to be really bad. It just wasn’t. The guy was in high school a few months ago. He’ll be fine.

Reactions: msudawg1200

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
He'll end up transferring to OM and being all SEC . It's an MState thang **

We all need him to kill it at Texas and be NFL bound quickly. Also, I remember seeing us play against Peyton at Tennessee. He played pretty well, but looked scrawny and weak as a freshman. He had to replace an injured Todd Helton I believe.

Also, Eli didn't start right away on the Plantation. I agree that both the Manning Passing Academy and the ESPN/NFL machine will not let him fail.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
He actually reminds me of Peyton the way he moves. He’s a lot more mobile though. No doubt he has a strong arm.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
He throws 3/4 like Grandaddy Archie. Moves well also like Archie. Like another poster stated, I watched the video expecting a shatshow. He looked decent for a kid who is supposed to be in his Spring Semester of his Senior year in high school. In two/three years he'll be a top QB in the SEC.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
The only reason people are ripping him is because of his name. He looked like a talented kid who should still be in HS playing behind a bad OL to me
Yea, he definitely had some bad throws where it looked like his was just inaccurate, but it didn't look like he just didn't belong out there. For an early enrollee, that seems fine, even for a top recruit?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't wish him ill will but I have no cares, damns, or ****$ to give that he succeed either. I DO NOT want to have to watch any game with him in it where they show Cooper, Eli, Peyton or Archie sitting in skybox watching every series that he runs though. That crap got old fast when they would seek out Archie sitting in the stands looking like "Where's Waldo" w/ those round glasses and ball cap on trying to be incognito

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The dude should still be a senior in high school. I cut him a little slack. But yeah, he ain't Trevor Lawrence level.

And he absolutely will end up at Ole Miss.

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
I didn't see anything that concerned me too much in that video, nor did I see any "wow". He's a true freshman. He had happy feet, and the game was moving a tad too fast for him. That will get fixed with experience. He made some decent reads and throws. Looked like a freshman should look there.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

I wonder it we'll ever get get the real details on UF's former quarterback recruit, Jaden Rashada, who requested a release from his national letter of intent after an alleged $13 million NIL deal was reneged on?

If Arch only got $3.7mil, surely whoever with the UF Collective didn't really offer a $13mil deal? Even if that is $13mil spread over 4 years, that still over $3mil/year. If that offer was made, the person who made it makes worse decisions than Bud Light's VP of Marketing.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login