OT: Aretha Franklin's "Natural Woman" is problematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I usually don't start, or participate in, threads like this will turn into.

However, they can 17 right the hell off with this nonsense!

1674521374707.png

Keep Aretha's name out your gaping-***** mouths!*

It could possibly be satire, & I was triggered as the snowflake I am.

Or the alphabet soup in Norway leapt to cover their tracks when women of all races, but more importantly to their "cause", Black Women (they use minorities as an ally to prop up their crazy) decried this as bull ****.

Msgolfer, Dorn (Roger Dorn Major League?) Feel free to correct me. I only ask one thing; That you put some RESPECT on Aretha's name.

She's 2nd on my hall pass list. Etta James is 1st.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

View attachment 301975

Or the alphabet soup in Norway leapt to cover their tracks when women of all races, but more importantly to their "cause", Black Women (they use minorities as an ally to prop up their crazy) decried this as bull ****.

Msgolfer, Dorn (Roger Dorn Major League?) Feel free to correct me. I only ask one thing; That you put some RESPECT on Aretha's name.

I’m far more interested in the rest of your hall pass list than anything else in this post.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I have no clue who that is. Elizabeth Taylor? Liza Minelli?
Hell. Yes.

• Haha
Reactions: Grove Sh.tter

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

View attachment 301975

I have heard the LGBQ is not that big on the T. I don't care how anyone lives as long as they don't affect my life, but the T crowd keeps pushing and pushing some of the craziest **** possible. Bill Maher said it best this past weekend. I really miss his kind of liberal.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I have heard the LGBQ is not that big on the T. I don't care how anyone lives as long as they don't affect my life, but the T crowd keeps pushing and pushing some of the craziest **** possible. Bill Maher said it best this past weekend. I really miss his kind of liberal.

I was watching live the night he did the second video with the chart. I almost sprayed my drink out my nose.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Liberal? Didnt you know Bill and Elon are right wing conservatives now?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Being I was called out by name, my response is that while there is real harm done to our trans etc fellow humans, a decades-old Aretha song is gonna real, real low on that list.

I'd probably go on to say to anyone: you aren't obligated to respond - or even care- each time 10,100, or 1000 posters on social media have an opinion on something. Myself responding here notwithstanding, you ain't gotta show up to ever fight you're invited to.

Last edited:
Reactions: dgsmith15

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Liberal? Didnt you know Bill and Elon are right wing conservatives now?
Anyone who actually watches Bill Maher knows he's kind of all over the place and has been for years. He's way more "let me be the smuggest, smartest ******* in the room" than a particular ideology.

Yall can have him, and certainly Elmo's wannabe Bond-villain ***.

Reactions: mstateglfr

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

I'm endlessly curious where you are hearing this. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

View attachment 301975

Its satire, its been shown to be satire, but you havent been back to say you got duped by a post from an account that clearly identifies as parody/satire.
For the record- if this were true, I would question it. My initial response would be to not support it and I would likely move on from there and never think about it again. There are 8 billion people in this world, someone will always be able to find a view/comment that they can rant about since there are so many opinions now readily available for people to triggered out.

^ that last bit of context could really help a lot of people on here when it comes to the outrage agendas they are being spoon fed.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Sorry.

I saw where it was proven to be satire in this thread. I didn't realize you needed me to weigh in again.

I figured when Maroon Eagle posted that it was and Kentucky Dawg showed it to be so in pictures, that everyone would assume I was an idiot, was drinking some beer, got in my feels about Aretha, and the thread would die.

Mea Culpa

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Sorry.

I saw where it was proven to be satire in this thread. I didn't realize you needed me to weigh in again.

I figured when Maroon Eagle posted that it was and Kentucky Dawg showed it to be so in pictures, that everyone would assume I was an idiot, was drinking some beer, got in my feels about Aretha, and the thread would die.

Mea Culpa
Its SPS. Controversial threads are like Bebe's Kids- they dont die, they multiply.

...really random reference.

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
Its satire, its been shown to be satire, but you havent been back to say you got duped by a post from an account that clearly identifies as parody/satire.
For the record- if this were true, I would question it. My initial response would be to not support it and I would likely move on from there and never think about it again. There are 8 billion people in this world, someone will always be able to find a view/comment that they can rant about since there are so many opinions now readily available for people to triggered out.

^ that last bit of context could really help a lot of people on here when it comes to the outrage agendas they are being spoon fed.
I think the reason some people are initially duped is because in the current social/ political climate, its not that far fetched of an idea for some of the more liberal/left leaning types to seek out a change or at least be offended by a song with the word "woman". I mean, look at the issue surrounding JK Rowling. She's a progressive that questioned why you had to use a special term "people who menstrate" instead of woman and "THEY" came after her. This is the world we live in now. Some of the ideas that were absurd 5-10 years ago suddenly seem possible.

And they better leave Aretha alone.

Reactions: paindonthurt

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Anyone who actually watches Bill Maher knows he's kind of all over the place and has been for years. He's way more "let me be the smuggest, smartest ******* in the room" than a particular ideology.

Yall can have him, and certainly Elmo's wannabe Bond-villain ***.
Bill Maher nor Elon musk are right or conservative.
I don’t really like Bill bc he’s a dick.
I like Elon even though he has a more left mindset bc he at least uses common sense.

But y’all keep going left and more left and more left and eventually you’ll be the right wing lunatic you claim to hate.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Being I was called out by name, my response is that while there is real harm done to our trans etc fellow humans, a decades-old Aretha song is gonna real, real low on that list.

I'd probably go on to say to anyone: you aren't obligated to respond - or even care- each time 10,100, or 1000 posters on social media have an opinion on something. Myself responding here notwithstanding, you ain't gotta show up to ever fight you're invited to.
Aw the poor trans people. Just being bullied so bad.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Your side started and champions outrage agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login