OT: Ask the Pack, Roku 3 or Amazone Fire TV

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Well, as I posted from the start, I am looking for top quality audio and video. I like the setup I have now with Uverse; I'm just hoping to save a little bit of money and only pay for content that I actually want to see. I don't think asking for Dolby 5.1 audio is "expecting all the extras". That's become pretty standard, and before they were online the CEO of SlingTV claimed they would have Dolby 5.1. They provide it for their On Demand content, but not for live TV.

$15/month for HBO is expensive, but it is pretty much the going rate. If anyone is paying less through their cable provider, then they have just managed to hide the costs somewhere else. I don't watch HBO for the movies anymore, but their original content is very good. If you are willing to wait months or years for access to it through other sources, that's fine, but I was willing to pay the $15/month provided I could get HBOGO. Without access to the app, I won't be willing to pay that much just for access to the few current programs I might like.

And I know I could just use someone else's password to get access to HBOGO, but I'm trying to do all this legally.

I'm also still searching for ways to access the Golf Channel and USA Network via Roku or some other means. USA network already has apps for other devices, so probably just a matter of time. Not sure when the Golf Channel will wise up.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
I was and idiot re: HBOGO. Turns out the HBOGO content is available through the SlingTV app itself when you add HBO. I just wasn't up to speed on how you get to the On Demand content, but it appears the HBO on demand content is the same as HBOGO. And that content is all available in Dolby 5.1. Weird, but that is one less complaint from me.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login