OT: barking dogs next door

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Our Sheriff is a lifelong friend of mine. When people call him about a nuisance dog, he tells them to wait until the owner and other neighbors aren't around and use the three S's (shoot, shovel, and shut up). True story

Reactions: dog12
Nov 20, 2023
German Shepard could do the same. There are not bad dogs only bad dog owners.
You cannot compare the awerage long line of imbred Pit Bulls to the Shepherd of owners of the average pit to the average German Shepard owner, could they do the same? Of course, however are they as likely to do the same and as plentiful, no.. Also the average German Shepard owner is usually a different type of person with a different attitude or however you want to word it.. PLZ noice I said usually. Not gonna lie most Pit owners I know or have met more often than not are a different type of people. Are there responsible Pit owners that don’t do stupid *** stuff like fight them and or let them roam free. Absolutely there are classy owners. I’ve know a few. I’m talking probabilities here and just telling how I’ve witnessed it. People have asked me many times and bragged about “I got a Blue Pit or whatever so and so color, something nose etc etc etc trying the sell puppies they breed or dog they are sick of” First of all I don’t know a damn thing between their different types 2nd of all you couldn’t give me one unless it was worth a lot and I’d sell it carefully. I absolutely do not mean what I said above about all Pit Bull owners just most. I hate it if it hurts anyone’s feelings or angers them. They’ve been banned in places for a reason. Or must have a muzzle. Have made the news for killing innocent people. Personally I can’t stand em.

Last edited:
Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You cannot compare the Pit Bull to the Shepherd, could they do the same? Of course, however are they as likely to do the same and as plentiful, no.. Also the average German Shepard owner is usually a different type of person with a different attitude or however you want to word it.. PLZ noice I said usually. Not gonna lie most Pit owners I know or have met more often than not are a different type of people. Are there responsible Pit owners that don’t do stupid *** stuff like fight them and or let them roam free. Absolutely there are classy owners. I’ve know a few. I’m talking probabilities here and just telling how I’ve witnessed it. People have asked me many times and bragged about “I got a Blue Pit or whatever so and so color, something nose etc etc etc trying the sell puppies they breed or dog they are sick of” First of all I don’t know a damn thing between their different types 2nd of all you couldn’t give me one unless it was worth a lot and I’d sell it carefully. I absolutely do not mean what I said above about all Pit Bull owners just most. I hate it if it hurts anyone’s feelings or angers them. They’ve been banned in places for a reason. Or must have a muzzle. Have made the news for killing innocent people. Personally I can’t stand em.
Unfortunately, there's no reasoning on this issue with many Pit Bull owners.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack
Nov 20, 2023
Unfortunately, there's no reasoning on this issue with many Pit Bull owners.
Sadly I see your correct I just posted the facts. They account for most of the deaths by dog. German Shepard comes in with a total of 3 in 2022 compared to 42 by Pit Bulls in 2022. In 2021 Pits killed a lot more people than 2022. There’s a link in my last post right above yours.. but I digress. I gotta rest a while. I checked multiple sources and they account for 2/3s plus… nearly 3/4 of human fatalities it is mind blowing. Stricter laws are helping I hope.
Dogs killed 63 Americans & three Canadians in 2022; pit bulls killed 42

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Most Pit Bulls are owned by bad dog owners. Why they account for so many. I don't own a pit bull and don't want one, but one did save my parents dog from a pack of coyotes. They were going to kill him, and my aunts pit bull heard what was going on and the pit bull ran to his aid. It killed three of them. To compare there are 120 people killed by deer each year.

Last edited:

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Our Sheriff is a lifelong friend of mine. When people call him about a nuisance dog, he tells them to wait until the owner and other neighbors aren't around and use the three S's (shoot, shovel, and shut up). True story

The Sheriff's plan is the common-sense approach.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013

must be in Alabama, because we don’t shoot dogs in Mississippi. I bet that’s his answer for everything, too.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Get you some Calm Hemp Soft Chews and chuck a couple over the fence. They will probably stop barking but they may start a hippie drum circle

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
According to Forbes: the average cost of a home insurance claim for dog bites or dog related incidents was $64,555 in 2022. This is a 31.7% increase in claim cost from 2021, when the average payout was $49,025

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login