OT: Blackstone elite hacks

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I added a Blackstone grill(?) to my arsenal. Seasoned it already. Had my first meal off of it. Eggs and bacon.

How clean do you keep it? I'm of the mind to just push what you can down the shoot and call it a day.

Do you ever really clean it?

Any tips?

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Far as cleaning order a bulk pack of terrycloth rags from amazon. After I'm finished cooking I send the food inside for my wife to set the table and she is finished by the time I'm done cleaning. Scrape off as much food of the grill with my spatula and crank the heat up to 11. Douse the griddle in water and let it almost seam off. Wipe it down with the folded towel to get the remaining crud off. Put down enough canola oil to make a light film with the other side of the towel and cut the burners off when it starts to smoke. Throw away the towel put on the cover and go inside to eat.

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
First I get any bits of food and grease and dispose in the grease pan. Then I shut it off and let it cool off just a bit. Maybe 5 minutes or less. Then I pour about a cup of water on it and scrub it with one of the soft bristled brushes. Then wipe dry.

Reactions: aTotal360

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I added a Blackstone grill(?) to my arsenal. Seasoned it already. Had my first meal off of it. Eggs and bacon.

How clean do you keep it? I'm of the mind to just push what you can down the shoot and call it a day.

Any tips?
Do that plus rub some oil on it. And keep it covered. Mine is on a covered porch but i failed to put the cover over the cooking surface once. Enough rain mist got on it to make it a pain to clean later.

Reactions: aTotal360

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Far as cleaning order a bulk pack of terrycloth rags from amazon. After I'm finished cooking I send the food inside for my wife to set the table and she is finished by the time I'm done cleaning. Scrape off as much food of the grill with my spatula and crank the heat up to 11. Douse the griddle in water and let it almost seam off. Wipe it down with the folded towel to get the remaining crud off. Put down enough canola oil to make a light film with the other side of the towel and cut the burners off when it starts to smoke. Throw away the towel put on the cover and go inside to eat.
I do this except w/ the lint free blue paper shop towels. Steaming is by far the easiest way to clean it and I do it after every use then I cover w/ a hard cover and the vinyl one that came w/ it. I learned early on to stuff a piece of foil in the grease/grunge hole, mice were getting in and leaving droppings all over it otherwise. I've had it about 3 years and recently bought a big pumice stone and stripped and re-seasoned it, the original flax seed seasoning was flaking off

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

Any tips?
Looking forward to seeing what you can with those A5's on the new griddle this fall...

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That’s exactly what I do. Basically what hibachi chefs do.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Just put them in the freezer. Will be grinding them up this weekend. Might do summer sausage or sloppy joes.
Why would you ruin an A5 like that. Some of you people amaze me.
You could have grinded it up for some fantastic spaghetti or hamburger helper and yet you waste it on sloppy joes.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
You could have grinded it up for some fantastic spaghetti or hamburger helper and yet you waste it on sloppy joes.
To each his own. I did fly in some bluefin toro. Gonna make some tremendous tuna helper this weekend.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
So help me, ground beef in spaghetti & hamburger > ground beef in sloppy joes? Its all ground beef w/ condiments poured over it except its "wasted" w/ sloppy joe sauce over it? Not seeing much difference in sloppy joe sauce and spaghetti sauce myself

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
So help me, ground beef in spaghetti & hamburger > ground beef in sloppy joes? Its all ground beef w/ condiments poured over it except its "wasted" w/ sloppy joe sauce over it? Not seeing much difference in sloppy joe sauce and spaghetti sauce myself
The Bible is clear that some people just won’t understand. Thank you sir for testifying to the truth.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I personally like to take them and soak them in Dales, grill them to well done, and then eat them with ketchup.**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login