OT: Boy, I wish Tua would retire

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
It's probably already too late long term.

Could be. For his sake, I hope not. He has potentially 50+ years left. I said he should have retired after that last bad concussion. Looked awful. He's got the money. It's one thing if you talk about having a hitch in your step or being a bit gimpy when you're older, but this is the brain. I just wouldn't screw around with it.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Feel bad for him. He has a decision to make. Hope he had a backup plan.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
It’s the price you pay to be a million dollar warrior. Do I feel bad? Only unless he makes a dumb decision. RETIRE

Reactions: Bubba Fett

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Yeah, lile many on here, i have led a life that has torn up my body physically. But the brain? You lose that and theres no point in anything else.

I would retire, take the money and relax by a lake.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
Yeah, lile many on here, i have led a life that has torn up my body physically. But the brain? You lose that and theres no point in anything else.

Yep! Whatever you do, don’t eff with the brain.

Reactions: Lurker123

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

Yeah, there's tons he can do. Not even 30 years old, he can get into coaching and have a full career there.

Reactions: Lurker123

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
CTE is a *****. Completely changes one's personality and one's relationships with others. Chronic depression is common. There was a QB at my high school who played safety for Alabama and safety for the St. Louis football Cardinals. He had several concussions and did make the decision to retire young. It took years to happen but he eventually committed suicide. A common theme. He was in his early 50s. Autopsy showed CTE. The longterm effects can happen even if one retires early.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Well, he's coming back, possibly playing this weekend if he clear concussion protocol.

It's his life, of course, and he's free to make whatever choice he wants, but this simply just does not seem worth it.

Maybe he's decided the damage has likely already been done, so he might as well keep going.

As a nearly 50 year old father, I hate it for him as a young man.

Reactions: 92Pony

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
CTE is a *****. Completely changes one's personality and one's relationships with others. Chronic depression is common. There was a QB at my high school who played safety for Alabama and safety for the St. Louis football Cardinals. He had several concussions and did make the decision to retire young. It took years to happen but he eventually committed suicide. A common theme. He was in his early 50s. Autopsy showed CTE. The longterm effects can happen even if one retires early.
Remember the former NFL player in Rock Hill who shot his doctor and that man's grandchildren and a neighbor over a prescription the doctor denied? That man was suffering from advanced CET.

Tua should wrap it up. He's soft as Jello. Only hurting himself going forward.

GivEmDaSpurs

Joined Sep 23, 2019
Jan 17, 2022
Gosh I love it when we think we know what’s best for another person. He is a grown *** man making grown up decisions.

I wish him nothing but the best and wish that sports pundits would quit talking bad about the man for doing a job and playing a game that he obviously loves a lot.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Gosh I love it when we think we know what’s best for another person. He is a grown *** man making grown up decisions.

I wish him nothing but the best and wish that sports pundits would quit talking bad about the man for doing a job and playing a game that he obviously loves a lot.

It's called caring. And this one is not a stretch.

At this point, Tua is literally taking his life in his hands with every snap. Don't bother with some lame argument that we take our life in our hands ever time we step outside our house or get behind the wheel of a car. Horrible analogies.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login