OT: Christmas Gift For The Wife

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Pro tip: If you need a can opener, don't give your wife a can opener for Christmas. Just get a can opener.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Nothing with a cord or batteries unless it's an iPhone or Mac book or something. Not kitchen items.
They love their bags, purses, whatever.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Pro tip: If you need a can opener, don't give your wife a can opener for Christmas. Just get a can opener.
Also buying a vacuum for the wife is a bad idea. Buying a robot vacuum is a great idea. It comes with the bonus of you telling her “I vacuum this house 3 times a week, now let me drink beer and watch football in peace.”

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Also buying a vacuum for the wife is a bad idea. Buying a robot vacuum is a great idea. It comes with the bonus of you telling her “I vacuum this house 3 times a week, now let me drink beer and watch football in peace.”
I gave her a vacuum cleaner on her birthday. We were doing it doggy style on the floor and I chopped her arms out from under her and pushed her face first all over the house. Not happy about it at all.

Need more details on this robot vacuum cleaner move.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Saw this bad boy on the shelf. Seems kinda hardcore.

Thoughts?
If you're really asking - the new Dyson hairdryer is a hot item, small so if she travels a lot its great, and apparently it is in all the high-end spas so it carries a cache. That stupid thing cost me almost $500, only place I could find it was direct from Dyson. But at least I'm done shopping now.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
If you're really asking - the new Dyson hairdryer is a hot item, small so if she travels a lot its great, and apparently it is in all the high-end spas so it carries a cache. That stupid thing cost me almost $500, only place I could find it was direct from Dyson. But at least I'm done shopping now.
I'm not, just sharing the face raping, "box" grater as a pervy joke.

But thanks for the advice attempt. Luckily my wife is cheaper than me and would divorce me for spending that kind of money on a hair dryer. She bitches at me if I don't reuse a paper plate if the crumbs can be wiped off.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Get her a book of all your mom’s recipes with a thoughtful card that says, “try these. Please”.
I'm actually getting her a couple weekends of classes at the Culinary Institute of America. One on Mexican dishes and the other on dim sum dumplings.... My Mom couldn't cook for ****. Getting some professional assistance in this matter.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I thought you were BSing with the price. Went to look myself and damn if you weren't. I ask this in all seriousness. What in the ever loving 17 will that $500 hair dryer do that mine $20 wally world special won't do?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I thought you were BSing with the price. Went to look myself and damn if you weren't. I ask this in all seriousness. What in the ever loving 17 will that $500 hair dryer do that mine $20 wally world special won't do?
At that price I have to think it's legit blow dryer.

cartoon network twerk GIF

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I gave her a vacuum cleaner on her birthday. We were doing it doggy style on the floor and I chopped her arms out from under her and pushed her face first all over the house. Not happy about it at all.

Need more details on this robot vacuum cleaner move.
Knee Pads. I did that once on the carpet and she ended up with bloody knees. Literally.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Probably more important to figure out what you're getting her boyfriend. **********

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

Correct. Kitchen appliances or other "homemaker" items do not make good Christmas gifts for a wife. Or even worse, buying her something that you yourself want. Many years ago a friend fo mine bought his wife a Skilsaw for Christmas. They're no longer married, but the gift was probably a sign of other issues and not the sole reason for the split.

Last edited:

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

It might last longer, but you could buy 25 of the Walmart ones for the same price.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Saw this bad boy on the shelf. Seems kinda hardcore.

Thoughts?
View attachment 275865
Hard to go wrong with nice jewelry, perfume or sweater. But if she has ever complained about kitchen knives or stated she might like a new set, I highly recommend Zwilling Four Star 2. You just don't know how great very high quality, sharp knives are unless you've used them. Much bigger difference than one might think.
https://www.zwilling.com/us/zwilling/cutlery/twin-four-star-2/

And if you do go that route, a great sharpener is the Brod & Taylor
https://brodandtaylor.com/collections/knife-sharpening

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login