OT: CPI comes in hot - +3.5% year over year

Status
Not open for further replies.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Well I wouldn't do most of what you list with a few exceptions.
1. I could be indited if the right persons want to indite me. Being indited doesn't equate to being guilty. "If a district attorney wanted, a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich.”
2. Although I don't think I could overturn an election or know of anyone who has, I wouldn't see anything wrong with challenging the results of an election. That's been done many times by people with all kinds of political affiliations.

Depending on the definition of nationalist you use, I could either agree or disagree with Mr. Bonhoeffer.
1. You do realize there is evidence that even you could go look at. It's as clear as your text messages on your phone.

2. Fomenting a violent attack on the capitol where 160 police officers were injured in an attempt to prevent an election result from being recorded is not "challenging" things now is it?

ETA: Bonhoeffer was referring to the kind that Hitler ushered in. The same guy that Trump quotes while using the same dehumanizing tactics. Referring to people as less than human is exactly how Hitler convinced a bunch of German nationalists that exterminating them was good for the country because the were "poisoning the blood" <- you can attribute that quote to both Hitler and Trump. Hiter was first, Trump just recently decided it was a good one.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
1. You do realize there is evidence that even you could go look at. It's as clear as your text messages on your phone.

2. Fomenting a violent attack on the capitol where 160 police officers were injured in an attempt to prevent an election result from being recorded is not "challenging" things now is it?

ETA: Bonhoeffer was referring to the kind that Hitler ushered in. The same guy that Trump quotes while using the same dehumanizing tactics. Referring to people as less than human is exactly how Hitler convinced a bunch of German nationalists that exterminating them was good for the country because the were "poisoning the blood" <- you can attribute that quote to both Hitler and Trump. Hiter was first, Trump just recently decided it was a good one.
Hitler was able to win over lots of friends and influence people. Who better for Trump to plagiarize?

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Before this thread gets locked down, what in God's name is a Biblical World View?

Explain it to me like I'm a hardcore atheist who believes the universe is expanding, the earth revolves around the sun, is, at least 4 billion years old, and that religion, in all its forms, is used as an opiate for the people.
I also believe the universe is expanding with the Earth revolving around the sun... It's the result of the big bang. A biblical world view is starts with who you believe pulled the trigger and it goes on from there. In short, it is the belief that God created the universe and everything and everyone in it with a focus on the gospels. If you have a biblical point of view, it provides moral guidelines, direction and hope for eternity.
On the other end of the spectrum is atheism and secular humanism. Those are beliefs where everything that exists is a closed causal system that can be completely defined by science. If it can't be explained with science, it doesn't exist, and moral guidelines are vague and shift with the times.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The part of interest is the MSNBC focus group. Yes, it's misleading, but the results of the focus group are completely contrary to Boom Booms claim.

I see that it is a common theme for leftists to tear down a source they don't like. Happens all the time with Fox News (which I don't watch). Now it's happening with a clip fthat guy referenced from MSNBC. What a world we live in.

Would you at least admit Boom.Boom was wrong, which was the point.
Yeah the people that were interviewed are not happy with their economic situations and prospects.

As for me tearing down that guy- the visual that was presented on the screen was of Trump smiling and some woman crying so hard her mascara was running. The title then said there was a panic so significant that the news outlet tried to cut the feed.
So yeah, based on that initial visual, what I actually saw was significantly different since I saw calm reactions and reasonable response from MSNBC.

I only commented on the youtube host's annoying delivery and misleading title claims because that is all I disagreed with in the clip. I recognize that not everyone on the left is happy with the economy so that part really wasnt what stuck out for me.

I do like that you acknowledge the youtube host completely misleads, but you dont hold that against him. That crap is a significant reason why we have so much misinformation and disinformation- as a whole, we willingly consume it from people who we know are pushing it, and we dont stop consuming it.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I wonder if large numbers of people lived paycheck-to-paycheck before 2017? Or, are you telling me it's a Democrat's fault when Democrats are in office and Democrat's fault when there's a gop president?
Absolutely not. I'm talking about the last two Dem. administrations. I've somehow managed to live both hand to mouth at times and somewhat prosper at times under both parties. The truth is circumstances out of either parties control play a big part in our economy at any given time.

Last edited:
Reactions: dorndawg

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Hitler was able to win over lots of friends and influence people. Who better for Trump to plagiarize?

You guys are hopeless. I'm done.

1712870127778.png

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Yeah the people that were interviewed are not happy with their economic situations and prospects.

As for me tearing down that guy- the visual that was presented on the screen was of Trump smiling and some woman crying so hard her mascara was running. The title then said there was a panic so significant that the news outlet tried to cut the feed.
So yeah, based on that initial visual, what I actually saw was significantly different since I saw calm reactions and reasonable response from MSNBC.

I only commented on the youtube host's annoying delivery and misleading title claims because that is all I disagreed with in the clip. I recognize that not everyone on the left is happy with the economy so that part really wasnt what stuck out for me.

I do like that you acknowledge the youtube host completely misleads, but you dont hold that against him. That crap is a significant reason why we have so much misinformation and disinformation- as a whole, we willingly consume it from people who we know are pushing it, and we dont stop consuming it.
That's why I watch lots of different sides. I'm more of a centrist than you would believe but I understand if you don't think so.

I guess I just agree with RFL Jr that Biden is the bigger threat to Democracy than Trump. Here's a "legit skurce" CNN video.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
will smith mib GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login