OT Dak rant

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
Dude I really wish Dak would have gone somewhere else. He gets **** on so bad and undeservingly so. All sports talk radio is today, after they win a divisional road game where Dak was great, is bashing the hell out of the guy. I mean do they not watch the games?

If he had the exact same career but played for the Saints or Colts or a team like that he would be regarded and talked about as a bonafide top 5 QB in the league. He has been absolutely lights out the last two games. His game against the Ravens was one of the best games I have seen him play. A Lamb goal line and Luepke red zone fumble gets blamed on him when he had the offense humming. No fumbles in second half and they just about came back. But instead the talking point is that he is only good in garbage time. And he is doing all of it against defenses focusing on him, knowing they cannot run the ball and Lamb is his only real weapon.

It is not his job to take less money. His job is to play and let the Cowboys and his agent deal with it and it is the Cowboys job to figure out how to work the cap, other teams with stacked rosters do. Every year the dude works his *** off and gets better. He is the steady hand in the storm of **** that is the Cowboys franchise. People blame him for the playoff losses. It would be one thing if this just started with him but for the last 30 years this is a franchise problem not a QB problem.

Purdy had the exact same game as Dak against a s hit Rams team and lost and he was verbally sucked off by every talking head this week. If you switch Dak and Purdy the 49ers at least stay the same but the Cowboys are not sniffing 12 wins in 3 years and maybe not even the playoffs.

Purdy is about to get paid just like Dak, that is how the QB market works. And Dak has been phenomenal. He is the only reason the Cowboys have not been a dumpster fire the last 5 years. There is so much ******** that surrounds that organization and culture. The playoffs are not a Dak problem it has been going on for 30 years.

This is why the unrelenting criticism is not fair. He is worth that $ to the Cowboys. If he was not worth that then do not pay him and let him walk, someone was going to pay him. Why should he have to take less money? Brady is an outlier. People want their worth.

Rant over.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Jerry Jones GIF by SB Nation

• Love
Reactions: aTotal360

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
It is part of being the highest paid player on the biggest sports team in the world. Romo was treated the same way. A benefit is Dak is talked about more than any athlete in the world on a daily basis.

Reactions: onewoof

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Name me the last Cowboy's QB who was beloved while still in uniform. I can only remember back to Danny White so maybe there is one...

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I’ll trade places with him tomorrow. You could talk all the **** you wanted about me 24/7 if someone paid me like that, and it wouldn’t bother me one bit.

Reactions: Xenomorph

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Well said. Cowboys fans need to blame Jerry instead of Dak, and many do just that. I just think Jerry’s roster mistakes make fans grumpy and Dak takes the blame because he’s the QB. I get tired of them bashing him too. Hopefully when he retires they will love him just like they do Romo.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login