OT: Disney related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think people complain about LGBT scenes getting added to movies, but I think characterization of most of the scenes are overblown, like the "lesbian kiss" in Rise of Skywalker looked more like a mother kissing her daughter after getting back from a dangerous mission. There was more blowback over Lightyear (which I haven't seen), but the more valid complaints about that movie are that it's a crappy retcon: there's no way that this was the movie that was super exciting to an 8 year old boy in 1995.

If anything, Disney does a lot to resist adding more LGBT stuff to their movies. They rightly resisted the whole "give Elsa a girlfriend" campaign (but notice she didn't get a boyfriend either, which would have been equally out of place in that story).

As for other woke stuff, them re-theming Splash Mountain has little to do with getting rid of racism. The ride already depicts none of the Uncle Remus scenes that are considered offensive and the tales themselves are far closer to actual African-American folklore than Princess and the Frog. They're re-theming it because of one bad thing Iger has done, which is getting rid of anything in the parks that cannot be cross-merchandised (go read what he said about the masterpiece "Expedition Everest"). Everything in the park has to have a link to some other media such as a movie, TV-show, or video game - preferably all three. Splash Mountain in its current incarnation does not meet that, so it has to go. We'll probably see a re-theming of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to "Woody's Roundup" or some other crap within a decade.
They literally had an executive saying that she would Insert lgbtq+ as much as possible. That turned a lot of people off to wanted to subscribe to Disney content. Or not wanting to have to discuss that with their kids until they are much older. Just like bringing it to the classroom. Keep it out of the classroom. That also became an issue with the cultural war in Florida. They took a big spike down after that too. I think most people would appreciate Disney staying out of it and stop pushing it with their public stance and pushing it in their shows and content that is meant for children. The company has changed a lot in the way it handles that content.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I had a feeling you would chime in a minute. Let me first say,I don't care about all the representation crap at all. I'm not in that fight anymore. I've had lots of Bi and gay friends and family members all my life, so I'm not gonna get in that 17ng battle. My problem is with the story, but I will go into that the moment.

The problems with Disney are more profound than the stupid alphabet battle. They want to make a live remake of EVERY one of their animated movies, whether they need it or not, just because they think they can make some money off of it. More often than not... It's a piece of crap, and now it seems to divide fans rather than unite them every time they bring another one out for reasons I won't go into to take me off the real reasons why Disney sucks right now.

They also want to take Marvel and completely retool it, no matter what the comics say. And on top of that, they want to blame the fan, whether they taste say something or not about it, just for not coming and watching it because they believe it's their social responsibility to come and support this whether they like it or not. If they do happen to voice a critical opinion, they're immediately jumped on by the creators of this content and then wonder why in the hell nobody will watch it.

For example, She-Hulk should've been the biggest thing Marvel has released since Deadpool. But they gave the show to a group of ladies who had no idea what the hell the character was all about or what her actual story was, so they created something new. Something new is usually good, but this time, they knew they were going make this character act and be like they would piss all the old fans off two years before the show ever aired. So, they made a good old screw you to the fans in the last episode, thinking they would be cute. Stupid. Those old fans you just pissed off make up about 80% to 90% of your viewing audience. I'm not even gonna go into what they did to the character of The Hulk to try to make this new character look good.

If they want to pour their money down the drain continually, I don't care, but to start, I really wish they would stop remaking all of their animated classics and maybe create some new stuff.

Please

Do what you want with Marvel, but if you don't change the way you're making Marvel and Star Wars, you will bury both of those story worlds within five years.

It may sound like I have a chip on my shoulder, but actually, I'm really sad. I remember those times when I sat in a dark theater, and then The Lion King started. The black screen is just quiet, then suddenly, a group of native African voices singing loudly with an animated sunrise slowly lights up the screen, along with the awesome soundtrack music. I can't remember when the movies excited me within the first 10 seconds of the film's beginning like that. Disney used to make magic. I wish they would again.
Slight hijack. I agree completely with the Star Wars and marvel stuff, with one big exception. Andor. It is freaking amazing. Possibly as good as Star Wars has ever been since the OG trilogy. If you haven’t seen it you need to.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Just another Ivermectin-level argument from the peeps who've had their brains rotted by con politics. There's absolutely no substance, facts, or reasoning to their hate of Disney, but believing it is now required. Ivermectin.
Used up argument. You know not all conservatives believed in that either or follow trump.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
DAS pass isn't nearly as good as it used to be. It works basically like the old print-out FastPass. No more bringing grandma in a wheelchair to get to the front of the lines.
They get in a queue. I saw a few people abusing that. Wheel chair one moment. Up walking around later in the park no issues.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I went once as a kid. Our kid didn't want to go. We gave him the choice once of going there or going to Washington DC. He chose DC, he wanted to see the Air and Space Museums. We also gave him the choice several times of taking a few days away from the beach down in South Florida and going up to Disney World. He didn't want to give up any beach time. Smart kid in my book.

Reactions: patdog

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
They literally had an executive saying that she would Insert lgbtq+ as much as possible. That turned a lot of people off to wanted to subscribe to Disney content. Or not wanting to have to discuss that with their kids until they are much older. Just like bringing it to the classroom. Keep it out of the classroom. That also became an issue with the cultural war in Florida. They took a big spike down after that too. I think most people would appreciate Disney staying out of it and stop pushing it with their public stance and pushing it in their shows and content that is meant for children. The company has changed a lot in the way it handles that content.
This is probably a lot of the reason Chapek is gone. Iger was very savvy and knew how to keep both sides from getting pissed off. The whole fiasco with losing RCID wouldn't have happened with Iger. He would also tell those executives talking about inserting LGBTQ stuff everywhere to STFU because you'll piss off the conservatives because you say you'll do it then piss off the progressives when there's only a same sex kiss between a couple background characters and not the fifteen minute full-on lesbian scissoring between two princesses that they were hoping for.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If a same gender kiss is inappropriate, then this just gets tossed in the overflowing bucket of some being far too sensitive.

Maybe for some it's not too sensitive. Who decides what's too sensitive for others and what's not? Perhaps some parents don't want their children exposed to that content on a children's show because that is not their beliefs. Most I know that feel that way tell their kids not to watch that show or movie or whatever. It doesn't bother me. But I have family that feel that way and don't want their children watching it because it is teaching them that view where they may have an objection to that. I believe there a lot of families that have that view just like where it came to the classroom instruction in Florida where it was an issue. It's usually best to avoid like drebin said because republicans buy sneakers too.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Used up argument. You know not all conservatives believed in that either or follow trump.
Seriously, I think there are a lot of conservatives who are tired of that Trumps schtick so let the Lefties scream away on the Trumps. That **** is not gonna stick on the conservatives in 2024 when they run someone else.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Yup. If you have an executive talking about how to put sexual content into a movie or story aimed at 6-10 year olds, and the conversation is about anything other than how to minimize it within the story, then that's just creepy. And it's also basically setting stockholders money on fire for your particular fetish. A big money block buster is not the place to teach about why bobby has two mommies or whatever or "normalize" whatever for elementary students. There's a market for that, but it's not a blockbuster market. Most parents just want to be able to take their elementary kid (or hell, older kids) to a movie or let them watch something on streaming that doesn't generate any questions involving sex. There's plenty of stuff that will do that in the real world; let parents have an hour or two of escape from it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I had a feeling you would chime in a minute. Let me first say,I don't care about all the representation crap at all. I'm not in that fight anymore. I've had lots of Bi and gay friends and family members all my life, so I'm not gonna get in that 17ng battle. My problem is with the story, but I will go into that the moment.

The problems with Disney are more profound than the stupid alphabet battle. They want to make a live remake of EVERY one of their animated movies, whether they need it or not, just because they think they can make some money off of it. More often than not... It's a piece of crap, and now it seems to divide fans rather than unite them every time they bring another one out for reasons I won't go into to take me off the real reasons why Disney sucks right now.

They also want to take Marvel and completely retool it, no matter what the comics say. And on top of that, they want to blame the fan, whether they taste say something or not about it, just for not coming and watching it because they believe it's their social responsibility to come and support this whether they like it or not. If they do happen to voice a critical opinion, they're immediately jumped on by the creators of this content and then wonder why in the hell nobody will watch it.

For example, She-Hulk should've been the biggest thing Marvel has released since Deadpool. But they gave the show to a group of ladies who had no idea what the hell the character was all about or what her actual story was, so they created something new. Something new is usually good, but this time, they knew they were going make this character act and be like they would piss all the old fans off two years before the show ever aired. So, they made a good old screw you to the fans in the last episode, thinking they would be cute. Stupid. Those old fans you just pissed off make up about 80% to 90% of your viewing audience. I'm not even gonna go into what they did to the character of The Hulk to try to make this new character look good.

If they want to pour their money down the drain continually, I don't care, but to start, I really wish they would stop remaking all of their animated classics and maybe create some new stuff.

Please

Do what you want with Marvel, but if you don't change the way you're making Marvel and Star Wars, you will bury both of those story worlds within five years.

It may sound like I have a chip on my shoulder, but actually, I'm really sad. I remember those times when I sat in a dark theater, and then The Lion King started. The black screen is just quiet, then suddenly, a group of native African voices singing loudly with an animated sunrise slowly lights up the screen, along with the awesome soundtrack music. I can't remember when the movies excited me within the first 10 seconds of the film's beginning like that. Disney used to make magic. I wish they would again.

You quoted a post of mine where I ask for examples of grooming and inappropriate sexualization and you rant about how Disney likes to make money and how Disney didn't do justice to some series.

OK, those can be legitimate complaints and yeah they are worth discussing.
You mentioned nothing about grooming though. Just pointing that out.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yup. If you have an executive talking about how to put sexual content into a movie or story aimed at 6-10 year olds, and the conversation is about anything other than how to minimize it within the story, then that's just creepy. And it's also basically setting stockholders money on fire for your particular fetish. A big money block buster is not the place to teach about why bobby has two mommies or whatever or "normalize" whatever for elementary students. There's a market for that, but it's not a blockbuster market. Most parents just want to be able to take their elementary kid (or hell, older kids) to a movie or let them watch something on streaming that doesn't generate any questions involving sex. There's plenty of stuff that will do that in the real world; let parents have an hour or two of escape from it.

What movies are they sexualizing? What movie for 6-10 year olds has this sexual content?

2 people kissing isn't sexual content- it's a physical display of love/appreciation. 6-10 year olds are aware of kissing.

Earlier poets in this thread made it seem like there is a recent wave of perverted movies with grooming and sexualizing kids.
As of now it seems like some here just don't know what those words mean and are repeating soundbites.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Do you actually believe either of those was in my argument?

That you said that, shows its a very relevant argument, and not at all used up.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I went once as a kid. Our kid didn't want to go. We gave him the choice once of going there or going to Washington DC. He chose DC, he wanted to see the Air and Space Museums. We also gave him the choice several times of taking a few days away from the beach down in South Florida and going up to Disney World. He didn't want to give up any beach time. Smart kid in my book.

We went twice: Once in June, and once in March. Don't go in June - waaaay too hot. March is perfect. Our trips were back in the days when Disney was normal. Don't think I'd go now.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
DesotoCountyDawg said:
I cannot eyeroll enough while reading this.

So because you don’t agree with someone’s viewpoint they’re dumb.

You and glfr need to go hold hands and walk off somewhere else and troll.
^Reading comprehension fail.

I cant find DCD's comment. Deleted I guess?

I am not trolling here. People are accusing a huge company, which largely caters to kids, of grooming children and sexualizing them. Thats pretty serious, so I asked for examples since I havent seen anything that would ever come close to those claims.
I really am curious to know where this is happening since what I have seen from Disney over the last few years is nothing close to grooming and sexualization of children. As I said, maybe I am not watching what others are watching. Maybe stuff that is targeted to preschoolers is inappropriate and I dont know thats happening because I am not exposed to that content.

As a parent of 2 of my own, a parent of an 18yo not related to me that we recently took in, a HS coach, and a board member of a teen mentorship program for at risk youth- I am constantly talking about how to ensure proper contact and interaction takes place between adults and children. This issue is quite serious and close for me. The thread sparked my interest, but these claims so far seem to just be repeating some agenda driven talking points.

2 same gendered people kissing isnt grooming an audience and it isnt sexualizing children's content. Its no different from 2 opposite gendered people kissing.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
What movies are they sexualizing? What movie for 6-10 year olds has this sexual content?

2 people kissing isn't sexual content- it's a physical display of love/appreciation. 6-10 year olds are aware of kissing.

Earlier poets in this thread made it seem like there is a recent wave of perverted movies with grooming and sexualizing kids.
As of now it seems like some here just don't know what those words mean and are repeating soundbites.
I would disagree that saying two people kissing isn't sexual. If I kiss some one at the office that could cause a sexual assault issue. kissing in some cultures is a common greeting but not really in the us market. There is a reason I only kiss my wife. Now as far as the same sex kissing in a tv it does spark questions wether you agree or disagree on it being normal or accepted or whatever.

Reactions: yakalot2 and patdog

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We went twice: Once in June, and once in March. Don't go in June - waaaay too hot. March is perfect. Our trips were back in the days when Disney was normal. Don't think I'd go now.
We went back in 2016- late October. Temperature was perfect. We rented a house nearby as there were 5 kids between ages 4 and 9, plus 4 adults. We were at Disney for 3 full days and did other things for 3 days. Honestly, I thought the other activities were more fun- less waiting and more involvement. Heck, one day we stayed at the house and went to the neighborhood's splash pool and water park which was more fun.

I cant imagine the cost to do all that now. I also doubt 3 of the 5 kids genuinely remember more than a couple of brief moments from that trip.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Please

This is an actual valid argument, even though I don't really agree with it. I'm one of those "old fans". I liked She Hulk. I didn't like the last ep, but it didn't make me hate it. Creating movies/TV is difficult. I understand why they feel they have to offer something new/please a multitude of fanbases. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it misses.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I would disagree that saying two people kissing isn't sexual. If I kiss some one at the office that could cause a sexual assault issue. kissing in some cultures is a common greeting but not really in the us market. There is a reason I only kiss my wife. Now as far as the same sex kissing in a tv it does spark questions wether you agree or disagree on it being normal or accepted or whatever.
I clearly meant consensual kissing and in the context of a Disney movie so it would be 2 people that want to show affection to one another.
And when I say 'sexual', that would be anything that would be inappropriate to show little kids. Little kids see kissing all the time at home and on shows. 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus' is a famous song for an upcoming holiday.

So your issue is that its OK for a 6yo to see a man and woman to kiss, but a movie is sexualizing its story if a woman and woman in the same scenario kiss? If that is what you are saying, then its your hangups that need to be worked thru. Dont project your issues onto kids.

And where is this grooming that was claimed earlier?

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Seriously, I think there are a lot of conservatives who are tired of that Trumps schtick so let the Lefties scream away on the Trumps. That **** is not gonna stick on the conservatives in 2024 when they run someone else.
It's not about Trump. Republican conservatism has always had a strong lean towards bull crap and hucksterism. Tax cuts for rich people is Ivermectin for the economy. Guns guns guns is ivermectin for gun policy. Build the wall was ivermectin for immigration policy. Trump just cultivated it, and now it has metastasized. If you think it's going to go with him, you are mistaken. It has taken over, Kevin McCarthy is busy proving that right now.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I am not trolling here. People are accusing a huge company, which largely caters to kids, of grooming children and sexualizing them. Thats pretty serious, so I asked for examples since I havent seen anything that would ever come close to those claims.
I really am curious to know where this is happening since what I have seen from Disney over the last few years is nothing close to grooming and sexualization of children. As I said, maybe I am not watching what others are watching. Maybe stuff that is targeted to preschoolers is inappropriate and I dont know thats happening because I am not exposed to that content.

As a parent of 2 of my own, a parent of an 18yo not related to me that we recently took in, a HS coach, and a board member of a teen mentorship program for at risk youth- I am constantly talking about how to ensure proper contact and interaction takes place between adults and children. This issue is quite serious and close for me. The thread sparked my interest, but these claims so far seem to just be repeating some agenda driven talking points.

2 same gendered people kissing isnt grooming an audience and it isnt sexualizing children's content. Its no different from 2 opposite gendered people kissing.

Holy **** you are unsufferable.

When Florida tried to stop this weird behavior where some teachers thought it was appropriate and ok to talk about their sexual preferences with elementary school students, Disney not only came out against Florida stopping that, they also claimed it was some how anti-homosexual (which honestly seems like some of the most open homophobia I've seen in a while; someone says adults shouldn't talk about their sexuality with unrelated minors and the first thing you think is "but what will the gays do?!?!!?!!" That seems more than a little 17ed up and homophobic to me). Why does Disney care whether elementary students get talked to by adult teachers about sexuality? That's some weird *** **** to be concerned about.

And it was Disney's president of entertainment that said she wanted 50% of characters to be a member of LGBTQ+ or other underrepresented group. If you are talking about movies aimed at post pubescent people, whatever. But a lot of disney's content is aimed at pre-pubescent aged children. That's just not what they're focused on and it's weird to be so concerned that you have to include that. Even for content aimed at older viewers, if I were a stockholder (which I guess I am unfortunately through index funds), I'd be a little annoyed that my president of entertainment was spending her time thinking about this weird box checking rather than just creating good entertainment. They're producing too many busts and setting fire to some pretty expensive IP because they think producing entertaining content is a secondary consideration after whatever their particular social "justice" cause is.

Also, Disney is still in the hollywood business. I think it's a fair assumption to just assume they're part of a ring that promotes and protects grooming and pedophilia.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
They get in a queue. I saw a few people abusing that. Wheel chair one moment. Up walking around later in the park no issues.
Correct. You can't get a DAS pass for being in a wheelchair. They have special queue's for physically handicapped people. You can only get a DAS pass for cognitive disabilities.

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
It's not about Trump. Republican conservatism has always had a strong lean towards bull crap and hucksterism. Tax cuts for rich people is Ivermectin for the economy. Guns guns guns is ivermectin for gun policy. Build the wall was ivermectin for immigration policy. Trump just cultivated it, and now it has metastasized. If you think it's going to go with him, you are mistaken. It has taken over, Kevin McCarthy is busy proving that right now.
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
This is an actual valid argument, even though I don't really agree with it. I'm one of those "old fans". I liked She Hulk. I didn't like the last ep, but it didn't make me hate it. Creating movies/TV is difficult. I understand why they feel they have to offer something new/please a multitude of fanbases. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it misses.
It's funny because I consider myself to be pretty conservative (not a Trump fan though) and my 50-year old self like She-Hulk quite a bit. I liked it precisely because it wasn't your run-of-the-mill offering from Marvel/Disney and I think they need to do more of that.

I think they tried that with Ms. Marvel too but it didn't land quite as well for me.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

Yep. Republican conservatism also has a strong lean towards homogeneity.

I've mentioned before about being insulted in the past by ignorant churchgoers regarding the way I've thought.

While my difference from others is mostly invisible, I'm different enough that I don't belong in contemporary Republican conservative circles (yes, yes, I know about Musk & Thiel-- but they have more money than Fishwater & I don't).

Ironically, I'm fairly conservative and also dislike change-- enough so that I was in the College Republicans when I was a student at State & I'll admit that one thing that intrigues me about DeSantis is the support he got from Latino voters earlier this month.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Haven't been, but I really hate the idea of the pay to skip the line system. You've got people maxing out credit cards because they want their kids to experience disney, and then they get in and have to watch their kids be second class citizens. Really makes me sad for those parents.

Learn how to fake a cognitive disability and you can get a DAS pass.
Apparently, there are a group of handicaps in Florida you can hire to go into the park with you.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

When Florida tried to stop this weird behavior where some teachers thought it was appropriate and ok to talk about their sexual preferences with elementary school students, Disney not only came out against Florida stopping that, they also claimed it was some how anti-homosexual (which honestly seems like some of the most open homophobia I've seen in a while; someone says adults shouldn't talk about their sexuality with unrelated minors and the first thing you think is "but what will the gays do?!?!!?!!" That seems more than a little 17ed up and homophobic to me). Why does Disney care whether elementary students get talked to by adult teachers about sexuality? That's some weird *** **** to be concerned about.

And it was Disney's president of entertainment that said she wanted 50% of characters to be a member of LGBTQ+ or other underrepresented group. If you are talking about movies aimed at post pubescent people, whatever. But a lot of disney's content is aimed at pre-pubescent aged children. That's just not what they're focused on and it's weird to be so concerned that you have to include that. Even for content aimed at older viewers, if I were a stockholder (which I guess I am unfortunately through index funds), I'd be a little annoyed that my president of entertainment was spending her time thinking about this weird box checking rather than just creating good entertainment. They're producing too many busts and setting fire to some pretty expensive IP because they think producing entertaining content is a secondary consideration after whatever their particular social "justice" cause is.

Also, Disney is still in the hollywood business. I think it's a fair assumption to just assume they're part of a ring that promotes and protects grooming and pedophilia.

The link you provided is from an incident nearly 3 decades ago. The director was dangerous back then and Disney didnt handle the incident well. To be clear, the Disney movie your link mentions wasnt about grooming or sexualization. It was about some powdery guy with telekinesis(sp?) or some electric power.
So that Disney movie doesnt have grooming or inappropriate sexualization of characters.

And Florida's(DeSantis') law was largely a non-issue to begin with. Its the squeaky wheel syndrome. But regardless of if it was needed or not as a law, that is aside from what I have posted about here. I initially asked for examples of grooming and sexualization in movies, so DeSantis' law has nothing to do with this.
So far, I have heard that same gendered people kissing is something a poster doesnt want to have to deal with discussing as a parent.
Um...well Ok, but everyone else in the world will keep living in reality where it is well known that gay people exist. That just isnt sexualizing content and it isnt grooming.

As for the 50% of characters being LGBTQIA+ or underrepresented groups, I think this has been happening for the last 15 years and is now increasing. Underrepresented means racial minority and there have been more characters of color and heritage in the last 6 years especially than probably the previous 60. On a related note, I have seen the video of the Exec who has 2 ***** kids- she talks about being surprised at underrepresentation and then says something about her crying being 50% of the tears. I havent seen video of an exec actually making the declaration. I mention this only because its odd to me, since the news was so big earlier this year.

So it sounds like you and others just really dislike decisions Disney has made as they relate to inclusivity and equality. You all want less representation and for everyone to not talk about gender or sexuality.
I am here to let you know that a 5 year old can handle knowing that a man can love a man. Its quite simple. One of my kids had friends in preschool with 2 moms. We told her it exists and she moved on quite quickly. Like, couldnt care less. Processed the info and then played like normal. It just isnt a big deal and kids all know it exists, unless they have been sheltered for some odd reason, which then why show them anything Disney?

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

What was the weird behavior? Were teachers discussing sex acts with minors at school? That seems like it would be illegal without this bill and regardless of if discussed from a straight or gay context.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It's funny because I consider myself to be pretty conservative (not a Trump fan though) and my 50-year old self like She-Hulk quite a bit. I liked it precisely because it wasn't your run-of-the-mill offering from Marvel/Disney and I think they need to do more of that.

I think they tried that with Ms. Marvel too but it didn't land quite as well for me.
I think Ms Marvel was geared towards teens and young adults. The way texting was displayed and some of the storytelling process just seemed like a bit younger.
I liked She Hulk too- the 4th wall being torn down was fine with me and the story line was interesting- having to deal with the downside of that superpower and trying to trust people and date in an age of deceit and misinformation. The name licensing sidestory was funny and creative too.

Reactions: QuadrupleOption

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You quoted a post of mine where I ask for examples of grooming and inappropriate sexualization and you rant about how Disney likes to make money and how Disney didn't do justice to some series.

OK, those can be legitimate complaints and yeah they are worth discussing.
You mentioned nothing about grooming though. Just pointing that out.
Good question. But I figured by not addressing that, you would realize that I really don't give two ***** about things like grooming or any agendas that they have for social programs. I didn't think that thosen issues really fits in with what I was talking about. Yeah, I used your post. Sorry.

I was trying to find point out that the problems for me are just a complete lack of creativity. Instead of creating new stories of their own, they substitute creativity with social gestures and other ideas, then pat themselves on the back for being so clever. The fans haven't been impressed. Fans haven't been impressed and don't really care for these changes. They want new stories and characters that are fun and interesting to watch and don't really care what social construct they fit so they stay home or cancel their Disney subscription.

Producers, creators, and writers then do something I've never seen before in the history of comics, television or film. They criticize the fans and blame the fans for not being as clever as they are or their critic buddies.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Good question. But I figured by not addressing that, you would realize that I really don't give two ***** about things like grooming or any agendas that they have for social programs. I didn't think that thosen issues really fits in with what I was talking about. Yeah, I used your post. Sorry.

I was trying to find point out that the problems for me are just a complete lack of creativity. Instead of creating new stories of their own, they substitute creativity with social gestures and other ideas, then pat themselves on the back for being so clever. The fans haven't been impressed. Fans haven't been impressed and don't really care for these changes. They want new stories and characters that are fun and interesting to watch and don't really care what social construct they fit so they stay home or cancel their Disney subscription.

Producers, creators, and writers then do something I've never seen before in the history of comics, television or film. They criticize the fans and blame the fans for not being as clever as they are or their critic buddies.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.
I also dont actually care about the grooming agenda because I wasnt aware one existed until today and so far it doesnt actually exist and is just a misrepresentation by a poster here.

As for fans not being impressed, the new Lion King took in 1.66 billion on a 250 million budget. I mention that because you posted about sitting in the theatre for the original Lion King. Aladdin took in 1.05 billion on 183 million budget. Maleficent was 500 million on 185 million budget, and the first was 758 million on 253 million budget. Beauty and the Beast was 1.264 billion on 250 million budget. The same goes for I think all the live action remakes pre-coivd.

Disney is just remaking cartoons from decades ago and printing money. If fans werent impressed, the box office numbers wouldnt be this high. Same goes for all the Star Wars and Marvel movies since Disney has run em- absolute money printers.
I just dont know how that reality can align with 'fans havent been impressed'. Some clearly havent been impressed, but enough went and continued to go week after week to push movies into the billions in revenue.
I am not sure how to change this as there certainly isnt a monetary incentive for Disney to change.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Grooming/normalizing behavior/ teaching about sexual orientation take your pic. Normalizing behaviors in children's content is grooming them to think a certain way and normalizing that context. Like it or not lgqbt+ is still not normalized for many families across the world. But I think that is what the producers are trying to accomplish. Put as much in as possible to normalize/teach/groom those children to believe that way and that it's a normal way of life. That's a pretty obvious agenda of many producers. Parents have a right to disagree with that way of life and to not teach their kids that if they don't want to. And they have a right to unsubscribe just like a gay couple has the right to unsubscribe if they don't like straight content in children's movies. I think that is basically what people are saying. They are not letting their children watch that content or not going to Disney or not supporting them because of what the films are attempting to normalize

Reactions: Fritz!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.
I also dont actually care about the grooming agenda because I wasnt aware one existed until today and so far it doesnt actually exist and is just a misrepresentation by a poster here.

As for fans not being impressed, the new Lion King took in 1.66 billion on a 250 million budget. I mention that because you posted about sitting in the theatre for the original Lion King. Aladdin took in 1.05 billion on 183 million budget. Maleficent was 500 million on 185 million budget, and the first was 758 million on 253 million budget. Beauty and the Beast was 1.264 billion on 250 million budget. The same goes for I think all the live action remakes pre-coivd.

Disney is just remaking cartoons from decades ago and printing money. If fans werent impressed, the box office numbers wouldnt be this high. Same goes for all the Star Wars and Marvel movies since Disney has run em- absolute money printers.
I just dont know how that reality can align with 'fans havent been impressed'. Some clearly havent been impressed, but enough went and continued to go week after week to push movies into the billions in revenue.
I am not sure how to change this as there certainly isnt a monetary incentive for Disney to change.

Screw creativity we can make a killing? You're right, that's what they did, but they didn't print money with their new offering. Wonder what they will do now that they are failing because the movies you pointed out didn't make significant changes and are not anything like their latest offerings of Disney movies. I'm not even going to go into what their Lucas Film or Marvel stories have gone except to say they took my favorite character Dr. Strange who was the most exciting guy in Marvel and made him a stupid cuck that was the second or third character in his own film

Yes, they made a ton on a few movies that they just had to rehash the plot and characters. Then they thought they could make even more changes to fit their wishes, but the public ain't buying it.

You know, I can't remember any of the classic directors, actors, or writer who thought it was an excellent idea to ***** out the fans because they thought it was a way to make the fans apologize, then go watch the movie or tv series.

I keep forgetting they are better and smarter human beings than I.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I was so disappointed that I left after three episodes but kept up with the plot summaries. I was hoping she would be more written in line with the comic personality and funny 4th wall breaking. None of it was funny, and I really can't stand characters that are perfect the day they are created

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I have to say. I finally watched the movie Elvis this weekend and reading this thread reminds me of all the adults in 1960 worrying that society was going to collapse because a kid from Tupelo MS shook his hips.
Typical non logical response to equate two things that are not but continue

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
I have to say. I finally watched the movie Elvis this weekend and reading this thread reminds me of all the adults in 1960 worrying that society was going to collapse because a kid from Tupelo MS shook his hips.
Society collapse? That’s hyperbole. That wasn’t their concern. Further deterioration of morality was. And maybe it has. Or maybe their worry was really regret that it had already.

I’m not gonna argue Disney, but we got a lot of problems.

And this is not a holier than thou post. I’m part of the problem. And I’m a Disney+ subscriber.

Last edited:

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I saw a guy snort cocaine off a hookers chest in robocop in the theaters when I was 10 and I turned out okay. Ahhh, the 80’s, when parental responsibility wasn’t a thing.
Since you knew she was a hooker as a 10 Y.O., was she one of your girls?? ***

Reactions: HailStout
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login