OT - Don't get this locked

Will the democrats replace Biden?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This is not about which party/canidate is right or wrong, best or worse. After the debate, several news organizations have speculated that Biden may be replaced, what are your thoughts? Earlier this year I spectated he'd announce his "retirement" and open the door for Newson, Harris or whoever, but it's almost too late in the cycle, right?

Reactions: GloryDawg

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
This is not about which party/canidate is right or wrong, best or worse. After the debate, several news organizations have speculated that Biden may be replaced, what are your thoughts? Earlier this year I spectated he'd announce his "retirement" and open the door for Newson, Harris or whoever, but it's almost too late in the cycle, right?
I think they have to replace him. But I also agree that it may be too late to do so.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I think there is too much of a power struggle within both parties to get anything accomplished much less something as major as replacing a nominee.

Reactions: mcdawg22

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The replacement talk is a good bit overblown right now, media gonna media. People who consume too much media (cough propaganda cough) forget that he has looked great plenty of times recently. I do think Biden has to do some publicity to combat that feeble narrative, and if he can't then he'll go. They also forget that the political dynamics are pretty much set, there's not people out there that would vote Dem with someone else on the ballot.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
You know it’s funny. They say nothing unifies a group of people like a common enemy. Will these two actually unite us all? Well us rational ones in the middle 80%

Reactions: olblue

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Without getting into the arcane rules of party nominations/conventions (which are very different for parties), the only ones at this point who can choose to drop Joe Biden as the Democratic nominee are Joe Biden and God.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I’m sure it is going to derail. But i literally would vote for anyone under the age of 60 if I knew they had a chance to win. Left, Right, fine, just be functional and relatively magnanimous.
Oddly enough, the three “leading” 3rd party candidates - rfk jr, Cornelius West, Jill stein - are all north of 70.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Biden looked fine yesterday in NC, but I think damage is done. It’s not like he’s going to get a spring in his step in 2026.

I think any pivot goes to Kamala, or whoever Biden endorses.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Biden looked fine yesterday in NC, but I think damage is done. It’s not like he’s going to get a spring in his step in 2026.

Funny thing is, Kamala’s polling numbers may be worse than Walter’s, so I don’t see them going with her.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm assuming there are some democrat power brokers that are "encouraging" him to retire, but he must not be amenable to the suggestion. Some speculate it is Jill who is persuading him to stay in the race. I've read the Bidens are not receptive to Obama's input as Obama pressured Joe to stay out of the 2016 race in lieu of Hillary.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
I’ve said this forever, I don’t think the president of USA should be over 65 when he goes into office. If he’s 65 when he goes in he’d be 69 when he goes out…ie…he’d at least be under 70 when he is done.

Reactions: ll Martain ll

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

I think the path would be get Kamala on board (let her know if she isn't on board and Joe loses, there's no future for her, but if she plays ball there's an ambassadorship or whatever for life), open the convention, with Kamala stepping aside with the stated rationale that the new nominee should get to pick their VP, and she is not running. Then the talk about sidelining a minority gets pushed aside, mostly. Hastily set up a debate and let the chips fall where they will.

I still think nothing happens if Biden can do publicity like he has in the past. The "Biden is old" narrative was already set in, and there's 4 months until the election. How do you sideline a sitting Pres who isn't even losing in the polls?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Funny thing is, Kamala’s polling numbers may be worse than Walter’s, so I don’t see them going with her.
But that’s not hard to change. Especially with a hundreds of millions of $ backing you.

I would have her ahead of the rest of the field combined.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The replacement talk is a good bit overblown right now, media gonna media. People who consume too much media (cough propaganda cough) forget that he has looked great plenty of times recently. I do think Biden has to do some publicity to combat that feeble narrative, and if he can't then he'll go. They also forget that the political dynamics are pretty much set, there's not people out there that would vote Dem with someone else on the ballot.
There’s not a narrative when it’s reality. He looks lost as a goose all the time. I wish they would get someone else so Trump doesn’t win but go ahead and mail it in guys. Congrats.

Reactions: ckDOG and mcdawg22

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
But that’s not hard to change. Especially with a hundreds of millions of $ backing you.

I would have her ahead of the rest of the field combined.
Good lord, man.

Staying on point, I read yesterday that big Dem donors at their rally in the Hamptons this weekend are extremely nervous. If you see big money pulling out, get ready for the party to turn on Walter and K, and party leaders will start calling for them to step aside.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014

He looked fine because he had a prewritten speech and a teleprompter. IMO, his team should move him to his basement and make no more public appearances until November. I'll be very surprised if China doesn't make a move on Taiwan after seeing that disastrous debate. Unfortunately, we have exposed ourselves at the highest leadership level to every bad actor in the world. From now to November will be extremely dangerous for the U.S.

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
There’s not a narrative when it’s reality. He looks lost as a goose all the time. I wish they would get someone else so Trump doesn’t win but go ahead and mail it in guys. Congrats.
Well, he does on certain "news" outlets. Others show him the opposite on the regular. I guess that's just "AI" then.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He has to step aside before it can happen, and I don't think he will. So the die is cast. Once the left leaning media accepts that they will start to circle the wagon and start to protect him again. But the genie is out of the bottle. People know now about his cognitive decline. No more hiding it.

Last edited:

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Just read an article about this and 3 states where it may be a problem for them. Wisconsin, Georgia and Nevada. Per Wisconsin state law, the only way he can be removed from the ballot is because of death. In Nevada he had to have been removed by 5pm local time yesterday unless he dies or is either "adjudicated insane or mentally incompetent". In Georgia, they have up to 60 days before the election to remove him or he stays on the ballot.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We’d be better off with a replacement candidate. But I’m concerned about the future of democracy if they make a change now. Primary elections would be meaningless. Pay close attention to his VP running mate though. Cause I don’t see any way he finishes a 4-year term.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Personally, I don't like the kinder gentler Trump that was on display in the debate. The mean trump was much more entertaining.
An overlooked aspect was Trump’s first term was humming along pretty well and he was on his way to reelection until March 2020 happened.

I’d rather have a laundry list of candidates over Trump, but the “end of democracy” phrases being thrown out regarding another Trump term is ironic.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Jill is running the show and she's not leaving her meal ticket. I think there's a better chance Biden dies before November than there is he drops out.

If he does drop out, it won't be Newsome. They are not putting up a straight white male. If they invoke the 25th amendment, good luck telling Kamala to step aside. Hakeem Jeffries or Whitmer out of Michigan would be someone who they could possibly could put up to run.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
The party claiming to be fighting for democracy waited until after the democratic process (primaries/caucuses) to replace the candidate that 87% of Democrat voters voted for.

The timing/format of the debate was designed to provide the justification for the 180° on Biden. The coordination of the media against Biden is obvious.

This should be called out so they don't get away with it. If they don't replace him, it's because they realize that we aren't falling for it.

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
I think the path would be get Kamala on board (let her know if she isn't on board and Joe loses, there's no future for her, but if she plays ball there's an ambassadorship or whatever for life), open the convention, with Kamala stepping aside with the stated rationale that the new nominee should get to pick their VP, and she is not running. Then the talk about sidelining a minority gets pushed aside, mostly. Hastily set up a debate and let the chips fall where they will.

I still think nothing happens if Biden can do publicity like he has in the past. The "Biden is old" narrative was already set in, and there's 4 months until the election. How do you sideline a sitting Pres who isn't even losing in the polls?
What poll is that?

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Stay in, Joe! You are the President of the United States! No one can tell you to drop out! You haven't lost an election since William J. Brodsky beat you by one vote for class president at Syracuse Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.